Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
21 Dec 2007, 23:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28434

He's saying that every faction received his treatment. But IMO the net effect of that, is nobody except the heroes got weaker.
by Mlai
21 Dec 2007, 14:31
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28434

I've made my private mod for personal use as well, and my philosophy is different from yours. My motto is to stick closely to the intentions of the retail game, so tweaks only, and not to make drastic changes unless you're absolutely sure there's something wonky (useless alternate for instance). Inf...
by Mlai
21 Dec 2007, 00:30
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 57234

It would be better to answer a detailed post with maybe a rebuttal, rather than a rhetorical question. Perhaps what you mean to say is that in H5 online, you can always use a disposable scout hero to see exactly how far along the enemy hero/town is. I don't know if this is what you mean. However it ...
by Mlai
20 Dec 2007, 13:57
Topic: TotE - Dwarves
Replies: 30
Views: 10284

That's not that great when compared to +1 hit points, +2 Defense, and +1 speed the Marauders have up on them. Plus No Melee Penalty is superior to Manuever. +2 DEF doesn't mean much in late game when the heroes' stats overshadow anything the low-tier creatures themselves contribute, and spells are ...
by Mlai
20 Dec 2007, 13:44

H5 strat lack (compared to SC): - Lack of build order variations. - Inability to construct own castle defense for siege arena (make your own walls, turrets, moats etc). - Too little consequences for switching upgrades on the fly, made worse by the fact that some upgrades are clearly better than othe...
by Mlai
20 Dec 2007, 00:50

Let's see if you understand this: SC vs game-of-choice fanboi arguments have infested the internet for the last 10 years. We've had SC-vs-C&C down to SC-vs-Rocky-Road-ice-cream. We've had enough. We don't care what you think of game XYZ compared to SC. The onus is on you to prove to us that SC i...
by Mlai
19 Dec 2007, 21:06

If you've looked at CoH and still feel SC is better, then I'm not going to waste my breath. IMO, DoW is more advanced than SC conceptually, and CoH is an advanced evolution of DoW, therefore CoH concept >>> SC1/2 concept, since SC2 is just a better (or not) SC1. WC3 is a micro fest with imbas, where...
by Mlai
18 Dec 2007, 23:01

Play Company of Heroes and then tell me that SC and SC2 aren't outdated conceptually. If it wasn't for those damned Koreans, we might have a SC2 that is actually innovative. I know CoH and its expansions are poorly balanced. But conceptually this franchise is eons beyond SC franchise. I play Virtua ...
by Mlai
18 Dec 2007, 22:47
Topic: Harm touch?
Replies: 14
Views: 3634

I don't think anything cancels out Vorpal Sword. It always kills at least 1 (extra) unit.

Harm Touch is the same thing (+ Purge), except you have to activate it.
by Mlai
18 Dec 2007, 15:27
Topic: spells deactivated?
Replies: 4
Views: 1474

He is great to have in your corner. Completely nullifies the high-knowledge raise-deaders. Raise Dead isn't considered a high level spell, LOL.
by Mlai
18 Dec 2007, 15:22

I agree that SC has a fair bit of strat/tactics, even tho it's not my type of RTS game (its entire fetch-resource-micro-individual-units system is too out-dated). However, a big part of the rate-limiter is the fact that you need to react and have high clicks-per-sec. Don't pretend that it's more com...
by Mlai
17 Dec 2007, 13:18
Topic: Any reason to get HommV+Hammers when you can just get TotE?
Replies: 9
Views: 3340

I got H5 and HoF only to play the campaigns and its SP maps, and that was months' worth of play time. So it was worth it.

That said, TotE campaign is 10x better than the ones of H5 and HoF.
by Mlai
17 Dec 2007, 13:15
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 70280

To quote Meadow Soprano: "How can there be more than one Antichrist? There was only one Jesus." :devious:
by Mlai
17 Dec 2007, 13:12
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 19783

I like the 3D battles and towns. That's where the 3D shined. But the adventure map is annoying in 3D. I'm sure I'm not the only person frustrated with the underworld maps; you spend half your time rotating the stupid map.
by Mlai
16 Dec 2007, 14:19
Topic: the Ultimate Skills in TotE
Replies: 19
Views: 5899

I thought that's the point of Memory Mentor... Get the Ultimate, then use the MM to erase all the junk prerequisite skills and replace them with what you really want.
by Mlai
15 Dec 2007, 18:18

Hmm, I love the music. I often sit there on the same town screen for 5 minutes just to hear the entire loop. As far as multi-player goes... I for one feel that this game has more of a single-player component more than MP, as least outside of duel mode. I mean c'mon, a turn-based game where each (big...
by Mlai
13 Dec 2007, 20:58

The good fantasy games/books/movies/comics are the ones where the creator did his research. Tolkien based his world on his in-depth knowledge of linguistics and myths.
by Mlai
13 Dec 2007, 18:21

So if the elven archer holds his bow completely wrong, that even ppl who don't practice archery can tell it's wrong, you'd call that original rather than the artist being a retard? Just because you can't tell something doesn't seem right, doesn't mean everyone can't. What about players who are into ...
by Mlai
13 Dec 2007, 18:02
Topic: Heroes Online Screenshots (55pics)
Replies: 25
Views: 30289

It looks to me like you would play the adventure map in real time, your one hero running around between towns. Then when you fight, you go into turn-based combat (or maybe like 30 secs limit per turn) with your army. And when you go into a town, it's not a town screen but a big town to run around in?
by Mlai
13 Dec 2007, 13:44

If you're drawing a soldier walking with his rifle, and you don't have the slightest clue how they hold their weapon, then you show the picture to a veteran. What do you think is the FIRST thing they'll tell you? :|

Go to advanced search