Search found 152 matches

by Mlai
27 Aug 2015, 11:47
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: [HoMM5]Need help from a Polish speaker to get an old mod from this Polish site.
Replies: 1
Views: 4813

[HoMM5]Need help from a Polish speaker to get an old mod from this Polish site.

Anyone who reads Polish here? Through Google, I found an old HoMM5 mod that I had lost back when I changed PCs. Problem is it's on a Polish share site, and I have no idea how to get the mod, or how to contact the person to request he make the mod available to non-Polish (me). http://chomikuj.pl/than...
by Mlai
16 Aug 2011, 13:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 32292

You obviously don't understand how graphics work... next you'll be telling me how Deus Ex 1 works fine on your PC so any 3D shooter released this year should even if you still have a P4. AFAIK, H6 town screens are 2D or 2.5D. Which means even if they use polygons those aren't even complete polygons...
by Mlai
03 Jul 2011, 15:50
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Any boardgamers?
Replies: 57
Views: 55616

I've been checking out boardgames recently. Good ones worth mentioning are: Starcraft the board game, + Brood War expansion : Self explanatory. Board game by Fantasy Flight Games. This board game has high marks on production value, minatures quantity/quality, and rules fun/depth. Rune Wars : This ga...
by Mlai
03 Jul 2011, 15:33
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Best Strategy Game?
Replies: 34
Views: 18796

Anybody have any opinons about the Elven Legacy series? I looked at it on Steam and read some reviews. Seems like a good fantasy TBS which does some things better than HOMM. Only problem cited is the turns limit per mission is extremely annoying and significantly detracts from the fun of the game. B...
by Mlai
27 Jun 2011, 13:24
Topic: In Regards to Maps
Replies: 16
Views: 21010

I see the problem now! There is a Nival multiplayer map called "The School"!!! I played that map, thinking that's The School fan map that I downloaded!

Now I'm playing the correct map, whose name is BK-School-348945976648951. :hoo:
by Mlai
26 Jun 2011, 18:23

Yes I have the correct map. I just beat the map. Nothing special happened thru the game or at the end. WTF? This was just an ordinary, featureless, plain, boring map. :tired: :| :disagree: What special script? What special effects? I explored the entire map, above and underground. I defeated all the...
by Mlai
26 Jun 2011, 13:03

I have a question regarding a fan-made map The School . I dl'ed and is playing it because ppl say it's a good map, and the map's text file boasts how it uses new script, new effects, bla bla. "Play as the blue Academy player for the original experience," bla bla. I'm playing through this m...
by Mlai
26 Jun 2011, 12:48
Topic: What's with all of the female units?
Replies: 161
Views: 90604

Come to think of it, a Stone Age faction would be kind of cool. T. Rexes... Sabertooth Tigers... Neanderthals...

Has anyone ever suggested one? :hoo:
by Mlai
25 Jun 2011, 13:36
Topic: New unofical AI patche for h5
Replies: 71
Views: 73127

I removed this mod after it crashed my single-player skirmish game after just 1 hour of play. Seems too buggy at this stage.

I was trying the first 2v2v2 map in TotE.
by Mlai
25 Jun 2011, 13:31

It's not like I get my kicks trying to embarrass the guy. I liked his conjectures on DE religion and culture. A lot. And also I agree with the Death Of Author concept. But after having to read through similar debate tactics used by Intelligent Designers and Global non-Warmers against true scientists...
by Mlai
24 Jun 2011, 23:20

But apparantly something that Mlai knows about except that Mlai seems rather eager to make claims, for instance that the creatures depicted in the game couldn't fly with the wings they are depicted as having and actually doing nothing to back up his claims. When asked for an explanation he simply p...
by Mlai
23 Jun 2011, 14:53

Blah blah blah regarding aerodynamics, avian biology, and self-imagined dinosaur biology. This is nothing personal against you, but... You simply deserve no response... you seem to know nothing regarding aerodynamics and avian biology, but you look up something in a half-baked manner and then pull ...
by Mlai
21 Jun 2011, 14:06

@ Slayer: The sack of Rome in 390 BC, as an example of a band of naked warriors overpowering a more "civilized", armoured army... is a poor example for anyone willing to do 5 minutes of research on the subject. You seemed to imply that the Gauls were naked barbarians, while the Romans wer...
by Mlai
20 Jun 2011, 13:42

It's a flapping parachute, dude. Don't you know anything? :devious:
by Mlai
20 Jun 2011, 12:52

The dwelling version does not have a shield Mlai. But you're half-right the bio mentions a shield. Excuse me? Not that the heroes wear much armour either. Agrael. Wings and parachutes are completely different things. Not really. When it comes down to it essentially a wing is only a parachute that f...
by Mlai
18 Jun 2011, 12:37

1. I refuse to call this game MMH. It is H O M M . What, does MMH make it sound more "Xtreme"? It's incorrect grammar. And it's stupid. It's been HOMM since 1-5. The initials can be pronounced. How the F do you pronounce MMH? It sounds like a Fing food additive. Why are you ppl going along...
by Mlai
17 Jun 2011, 12:12

Patching would could as what is known as a ReWrite which means that the Raiders never ever had shields at all. Huh? But they did have shields. The beta Raiders had shields. The bio says they have shields. Their dwelling shows a Raider with a shield. There was no rewrite; the shield was simply remov...
by Mlai
13 Jun 2011, 03:45

(1) If you interpret that charge ability that way, then I suppose that the Raiders can be light cavalry... but that doesn't jive with what their bio says. But since we know the bios were written in game version 0.9, when they had shields... we can deduce that their roles changed as DE found sturdier...
by Mlai
13 Jun 2011, 03:10
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18604

@ Slayer: 1. You are assuming that there is no identical gatehouse on the other side of the portal, impeding the attacking catapult just as it theoretically is impeding the defending catapult. It's like saying your door only has a keyhole on 1 side. Any political entity which uses a 2-way portal, mo...
by Mlai
12 Jun 2011, 04:01

We don't have any creatures whose wings couldn't possibly support their weight in flight as far as I am aware of. I wanted to say something smart-alecky, but since you bring so much to the "thoughtful conjecture" table, I won't act immature like that. I'll just repeat that most of the win...

Go to advanced search