Search found 803 matches

by Tress
24 Mar 2015, 08:38
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?
Replies: 26
Views: 15621

I enjoyed both playthroughs (normal + hard) at MnM X. I found it a good cRPG, with oldschool feeling (party based, first person, tile based, turn based etc.) It is not a classic like MnM 6-8, but still an honest ressurection of a "dead" serie. It is a little "heavy" for its grap...
by Tress
23 Mar 2015, 07:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Dragon of Mozchopz
Replies: 7
Views: 4293

Re: Dragon of Mozchopz

Romanov77 - actually, yes. Unlike Bandobras Took, I was around during 2E AD&D, even. Whether in Heroes, dragons are reptiles or not, they are vertebrates, and no vertebrate has, well, vertebrae where this thing has. here, take a look at a frilled lizard's skeleton: https://c2.staticflickr.com/8...
by Tress
22 Mar 2015, 20:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?
Replies: 26
Views: 15621

I think most damaging bugs were patched. Sure they could dish out some more addons and content in general, but overall I don't think that without extra help, game could be seen as incomplete. Regarding puzzles. Yup some were extremely unforgiving, still it's part of charm. I did mage quest without a...
by Tress
21 Mar 2015, 11:43
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 347513

I got H6 at a discount on steam... played a bit, until Uplay started to not work... tried reinstalling once... Yeah, sorry Ubi, at this rate its easier to just pirate it. I wonder If I am only one who never had any problems with UPLAY. I didnt play h6 at launch when most mess was present , but cons...
by Tress
18 Mar 2015, 13:56
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 347513

The damage is going further, it was not enough of them to offer us horrid art-style, now they frankenstein our beloved heroes from the past as well. Behold Ashan-Edric (makes me want to puke) and Tyris now has a strabism lol https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/haven-s-hall-of-heroes How far will...
by Tress
06 Mar 2015, 18:59
Topic: H7 Dimension Portal
Replies: 8
Views: 4700

Re: H7 Dimension Portal

This is how the dimension portals will look like in H7, apparently. Quite nice. Bit of a <a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/SG1stargate.jpg">Stargate</a>-ripoff, but ... <p>Source: <a href="https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/march-screenshots">Ubisoft</a>...
by Tress
04 Mar 2015, 14:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: playing might and magic VI
Replies: 24
Views: 13914

Seeing barrel in last screenshots, was wondering. Recently checked out mm6 that came along with mm X . Noticed that barrels give +1 stat rather than 2. Is it patch thing or version is different? Edit: Now that i think about it , it seems to not have flip on exit feature as well. Pretty sure mm6 I pl...
by Tress
01 Mar 2015, 14:08
Topic: H6 Shades of Darkness
Replies: 11
Views: 7617

Since bulk of it is texture/model quality, then it's logical to be 3x size. Of course quality increase is not linear to polygon/resolution size. general idea is visible here. http://i.imgur.com/aFKEttJ.jpg And if you put model from homm5 and 6 near each you will see serious quality increase. Thing i...
by Tress
01 Mar 2015, 11:57
Topic: H6 Shades of Darkness
Replies: 11
Views: 7617

Probably because that scenario contains most of textures and assets (music / factions / units etc ) which no matter how many maps we have in final product will be reused anyway making each next map just small fraction of core asset size. Second reason would probably because most people nowdays have ...
by Tress
01 Mar 2015, 11:52
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Lore question - Who are the titans and why serve wizards?
Replies: 23
Views: 14972

I haven't played Ubi's MM10. Since I was never a fan of MM 1-5, with the old style hex-based movement, it didn't appeal to me. I prefer the 3D environment of MM6-8. So, I don't know anything about any lore references to Enroth in it. It's certainly worth trying. It has some technical issues , like ...
by Tress
27 Feb 2015, 17:42

"Loose" references made in mmx makes it more connected to classic mm universe than mm9 can ever dream to aspire with its nicolai cameo, in fact mmx have actually that part made more worked out than some more worked out series like mm8, so I dont really see problem why not speak of it, at l...
by Tress
25 Feb 2015, 21:36
Topic: Sound Council - Which theme suits best its faction?
Replies: 33
Views: 22720

Necromancer theme sounds too lively and not ominous enaugh , I could imagine dancing fast valtz under that rather than deprresed ominous music. Then again it reminds me theme from tv series for master and margarita for devils ball. So in that way it's sort of fitting. From presented I am split betwe...
by Tress
24 Feb 2015, 00:33
Topic: H7 Necropolis Town Screen
Views: 10263

Don't think any town screens can be compared to uniformed things that was in homm 4, since they just offered rocky terrain with set places where building can be, and since it was implemented that way it was almost irrelevant what each individual building was. I am not sure regarding homm7 towns scre...
by Tress
23 Feb 2015, 09:41

I dont think any titan background lore is that well made up. They are just strong mobs , thus filled in endgame locations. To be honest I dont remebr where in homm series , word land of giants were ever used (it was mostly just Eofol , with halflings mentioned as original dwellers. ) I'm pretty sure...
by Tress
23 Feb 2015, 09:18
Topic: H7 Sea Elf
Replies: 15
Views: 5316

There is difference between classic and camp. LEt me give example : Darth Vader armor and star destroyer designs still hold up although seem little naive. Modernized versions are just slight upgrades. While most comic super hero designs from "silver age" look campy at best, and wouldn't be...
by Tress
22 Feb 2015, 19:25

Sure they are made up. It;s like joke about painting the angel with boots on. Have you ever seen one without them :P But still each era, requires some style of portrayal. For example Adams west batman looked more or less ok for time, but in modern days it's good only for lulz's . Same thing can be s...
by Tress
22 Feb 2015, 17:47
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 9413

Space functionality for one :P
Well generally I meant that map editor functionalty was simply WAY higher in AB. Well you can check both ancient greece maps, ROE one and AB remake, and check how many elements would simply not be possible in ROE.
by Tress
22 Feb 2015, 17:33

Re: H7 Sea Elf

Well it pretty much was only decent common neutral creature in duel of champions :D Giving sword to that vampire is one of the greatest miserable doings I have ever seen in Heroes designs. I simply despise that vampire conception since H5. It's obscene. Prior to Homm5 vampire design were caricature ...
by Tress
22 Feb 2015, 12:58
Topic: H3HD Wolf Raiders
Replies: 20
Views: 9413

Re: H3HD Wolf Raiders

I don't get the "no source code" thing. The game is out there, modders have cracked the code ages ago, why cannot Ubi do the same? They can unpack it and add the improved/changed stuff to the expansions. My guess would be cost. They'd either have to pay some company to reverse engineer, o...
by Tress
22 Feb 2015, 10:20
Topic: Soundtrack in complete eddition.
Replies: 2
Views: 3481

Thanks for answer. As far as I checked steam forums, couple topics were there with similar question but with no real help. In ubi forum there was same question with support responding with short suggestion to create ticket. Will probably have to do same if I wish to have official version of ost on m...

Go to advanced search