Search found 803 matches

by Tress
24 Mar 2010, 16:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Your thoughts on M&M 8 and 9
Replies: 34
Views: 11616

Well it has extent of dynamic lightning, but it wast as good as it wasnt as good as ut1. To sum up limitation i can quote one of coders from that project You can make dynamic light, BUT! They wont cast shadows, and they will shine trough surfaces! ... This means we can use create flares, but using l...
by Tress
24 Mar 2010, 14:04

P.S. - Did I happen to mention that I'm actually a part of MM8, and am one of the guardians to Lord Brinne's Tomb?
Good way to get killed by haters in-game :P Still cool to be mentioned in game.
by Tress
24 Mar 2010, 13:55
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Whats the difference between a Wizard and a Sorceror?
Replies: 19
Views: 8204

That depends on interpretation of author. For example in D&D wizard is one that deals in magic as science with book and pointy hat, while sorcerer is person who has innate ability to use spells.
by Tress
24 Mar 2010, 08:16
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Disciples 3
Replies: 414
Views: 149234

Tried russian version(only that is availiable) and can say I am really disappointed. Nival treated Homm brand MUCH better. First game is awfully bugged( can hope they will be more or less fixed till english version comes out). Some are quite game breaking like constant crashes(although after last pa...
by Tress
24 Mar 2010, 07:43

Thats driving bit into offtopic but anyway.. But you're mistaken about no dynamic lighting - it is even possible to use that in Unreal Engine 1, which was released in 1998. Not really, thats one of differences that U1 engine had compared to U2. Lightning model was better for1998 year engine. I was b...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 20:26

Since they didn't develop Lithtech, Even if they didn't, every developer who buy license to engine brings huge corrections into it to shape it under his needs. For example thief3 uses modified UT2k3/4 engine, but its really hard to recognize it underneath, even more considering Unreal tech 2 doesnt...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 18:14

Unfortunately those 2 classes are generally considered as weakest ones in game. Minotaur like troll has unique paper doll, but his gameplay aspect leaves much to be desired since knight mostly beats him on every aspect. Vampire although many says he's useless i consider them quite good class,NWC cou...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 17:22
Topic: MM7 Party for newbie
Replies: 14
Views: 8137

Cant really agree on paladin weakness. 1st they have unique ability to get GM mace that can paralyze light magic immune monsters. 2. They have initial value for dark/light magic that is enough to get some of strongest spells in stock(paralysis, reanimate) 3) Not bad values for healing. Only downside...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 17:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 25055

On the countrary I find that heroes in HoMM 5 can really turn tide of battle due to their abilities. Sometimes I even wish that there would be option to sweep such dangerous figure from the board as hero like it was possible in HOMM4. Also their extensive skill wheels make each hero clase truly uniq...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 16:52
Topic: Might and Magic Fan!
Replies: 36
Views: 8439

Its bit sad that most fan made projects go down, sadly that's how it is, far from every mod that has solid tools make it to release, not to mention game from scratch. Some questions about MMT project if someone here can answer. How many engine switches it had undergone? I know that initially it had ...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 14:33

Like mm7 it use same engine, only slightly modified. Also personally I see it as bit lower quality product than its predecessor and I would say that graphic wise mm8 it is bit worse than 7. For positive moments I can mention updated GUI and better map functionality. Game itself is rather easy an if ...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 10:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 25055

Quite hard to put answer in those 2 choices. Comparing to homm4 I think HOMMV made right choices by stepping back from heroes on battlefield and numerous other wrong choices made in mm4, even more in addition to poor quality of last NWC homm altogether. While comparing to Homm 3 i believe that ubi/n...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 10:38
Topic: MM7 Party for newbie
Replies: 14
Views: 8137

Default party is quite optimal for starting, and even more to think its pretty much almost best team. Only thing you can consider switching is knight, he dont have much special skills and you can replace him with archer/paladin/monk or whatever suits your needs. Rest 3 each have unique skills that r...
by Tress
23 Mar 2010, 10:34
Topic: mm6: Druid vs Cleric?
Replies: 58
Views: 23783

Only reason to consider druid in mm7 is his alchemist GM skill. But even then you can buy black pots in celeste/pit anyway and they are single use anyway.Only reason is to get 75 power black pots, but somehow i think its not worth it. As for haste and other pots, they are useful but sorc can mix pot...
by Tress
18 Mar 2010, 22:11
Topic: Favorite character class overall in M&M
Replies: 18
Views: 5495

Sorcerer or archer in mm6 , because I always like non divine(arcane/elemental) spell casters. Not to mention fact that offensive spells are really damn powerful in mm6-8.
by Tress
18 Mar 2010, 21:44
Topic: mm6: Druid vs Cleric?
Replies: 58
Views: 23783

I vote for cleric, although druid in mm6(unfortunatelly in mm7 they are too broken to even consider, specially taking in account necessity for GM level spells like prot from magic) can be pretty useful, but i would rather pass him , specially for first time game(especially because of 1st promo - you...
by Tress
06 Dec 2009, 22:49
Topic: [MM7] Fighting Queens of the Dead
Replies: 24
Views: 12655

2 things that people already mentioned. Dispell pain reflection since its most annoying thing in their arsenal. And abuse paralysis that is REALLY cheap(both meanings(manawise and I personally consider that particular is spell borderline of cheating and tend to not use it)) like no tomorrow. Against...
by Tress
09 Nov 2009, 15:52
Topic: Imagine your perfect M&M game
Replies: 42
Views: 11130

Let's look at the reality for a moment before asking for a new M&M title. There are RPGs out there that are quite good for graphics and gameplay. I don't see how M&M could compete with them in it's M&M 6-8 state. I dont see why mm6-8 state should be problem if ubi decides creating mm rp...
by Tress
14 Sep 2009, 08:08
Topic: might and magic 7 sorcerors basic promo quest bug?
Replies: 3
Views: 2086

As you started quest, you are accompanied by extra npc(two portraits in sidebar) in same way as in paladin promotion. If you already have two npc(regular ones) or ones from gnome, castle repair quest you might not see him and to scroll through them you must use |> button in right or left side of npc...
by Tress
14 Sep 2009, 07:37
Topic: might and magic 7 sorcerors basic promo quest bug?
Replies: 3
Views: 2086

First that comes to mind is that you have them in your inventory rather than turned to golem NPC in sidebar.
Second possibility is that you forgotten to click one last time on golems dialogue option choice to finalize part turn in.

Go to advanced search