Search found 788 matches

by Tress
Mar 18 2010, 21:44
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: mm6: Druid vs Cleric?
Replies: 58
Views: 13127

I vote for cleric, although druid in mm6(unfortunatelly in mm7 they are too broken to even consider, specially taking in account necessity for GM level spells like prot from magic) can be pretty useful, but i would rather pass him , specially for first time game(especially because of 1st promo - you...
by Tress
Dec 6 2009, 22:49
Topic: [MM7] Fighting Queens of the Dead
Replies: 24
Views: 6717

2 things that people already mentioned. Dispell pain reflection since its most annoying thing in their arsenal. And abuse paralysis that is REALLY cheap(both meanings(manawise and I personally consider that particular is spell borderline of cheating and tend to not use it)) like no tomorrow. Against...
by Tress
Nov 9 2009, 15:52
Topic: Imagine your perfect M&M game
Replies: 42
Views: 5270

Let's look at the reality for a moment before asking for a new M&M title. There are RPGs out there that are quite good for graphics and gameplay. I don't see how M&M could compete with them in it's M&M 6-8 state. I dont see why mm6-8 state should be problem if ubi decides creating mm rp...
by Tress
Sep 14 2009, 8:08
Topic: might and magic 7 sorcerors basic promo quest bug?
Replies: 3
Views: 1323

As you started quest, you are accompanied by extra npc(two portraits in sidebar) in same way as in paladin promotion. If you already have two npc(regular ones) or ones from gnome, castle repair quest you might not see him and to scroll through them you must use |> button in right or left side of npc...
by Tress
Sep 14 2009, 7:37
Topic: might and magic 7 sorcerors basic promo quest bug?
Replies: 3
Views: 1323

First that comes to mind is that you have them in your inventory rather than turned to golem NPC in sidebar.
Second possibility is that you forgotten to click one last time on golems dialogue option choice to finalize part turn in.
by Tress
Aug 31 2009, 9:02
Topic: Is M&M IX worth buying?
Replies: 37
Views: 5275

1. The branched promotion system is a neat idea... Its pretty good idea unfortunately its not really thought well. Example that only lich can be Gm dark while there is 2 or 3 clases with GM light. 2. The actual dungeon crawling is decent... Some dungeons were good, however as you mentioned its not ...
by Tress
Aug 19 2009, 5:51
Topic: MM7 Monk Question
Replies: 6
Views: 3054

Paladin and archer is quite good, altough his Paladins plate wearing habbits without GM plate slows down attacks, but it gets compensated with overgrown mace skill that paralyzes. Archer is quite useful although both of them have hard promotions. Main problem with such setup is that there is noone t...
by Tress
Aug 18 2009, 6:16
Topic: MM7 Monk Question
Views: 3054

1. You cant wear chest armor, unless your GM dodge.
2. Imo unarmed, also GM staff allows use both but i think it was bugged.
3. Almost never take it myself but its verry good skill.
by Tress
Aug 7 2009, 11:33
Topic: This might seem like a dumb question, but...
Views: 1637

Pretty hard and frustrating but doable. For example you can paralyze him with GM mace. GM body for priest exclusive really ruins game for alternative classes imo. Still there is ways to defeat him, also never managed myself but I think he can be pickpocketed for the cube(not sure on that one). Also ...
by Tress
Aug 4 2009, 18:09

Personally i found xeen games really open, there was few keys but they were easy to come except for some. You could easly go to any surface square at start if you had level to travel there. What i meant with mm9 linearity is structure that there is only handful of posibilities to travel between loca...
by Tress
Aug 4 2009, 14:16

Well personally i believe its worst part of the series. Even if you dont take in account that its untested beta at best, it is also sub par in other aspect of game, like plot, gameplay etc. Ofc its better than legends but it cant be really counted as anything more than lame CS clone. As for question...
by Tress
Apr 14 2009, 10:51
Topic: Four knights team - possible?
Views: 5671

Imo any combination is possible to finish game, even 1 knight. Problem with mm6 tough is that it contains way too much buffs that makes game trivial some of which are there more as in game joke(ex :nwc dungeon) rather than intended way to finish game, even tough mm6 is hardest of 3(6-8) mm games. Of...
by Tress
Apr 14 2009, 10:47
Topic: Blasters screw up the game!
Replies: 51
Views: 9145

Didnt voted since have mixed feelings about it. First i saw futuristic elements in mm6 I was quite frustrated too, but I accepted it as part of the games world. Even more considering that mm1-5 contained heavy futuristic elements(even more than 6). Also I am glad that they dont tie in futuristic ele...
by Tress
Mar 24 2009, 13:25
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H3 SOD: Unholy Alliance, "barbarian Brothers" ques
Replies: 4
Views: 1138

Dont really remember layout of the map but give main strike force to best hero. With that i mean one who can serve as better strike force. When i played i foolishly forgot to give yog wisdom so he pretty much ended up as secondary hero.
by Tress
Feb 11 2009, 21:51
Forum: News
Topic: Good Bye Nival?
Replies: 192
Views: 28189

Tbh dont really remember if fighting gelu was objective, was long time ago, but anyway that's quit a flaw in storyline in my eyes. When you're exploring Antagarich in MM7, you don't see Gem Ponds and Learning Stones all across the land, because it's a Might and Magic game, not Heroes. I have zero pr...
by Tress
Feb 11 2009, 20:42

But he never lost it, so how's that inconsistent? Well he does in last chapter of chronicles. Tarnum confiscates it from him to destroy both of them.( not to mention 2 sword thing is cliche as hell by itself, even more considering that world destroying artifact was just freshly made while other was...
by Tress
Feb 11 2009, 18:11

Getting rid of the old universe was understandable. It would be easier to get a degree in medicine than mastering the old Might and Magic lore: new fans would have been confused and old ones would have been offended by any inconsistency. Yeah, right. :P No one have any serious problem if Ubisoft on...
by Tress
Oct 24 2008, 8:07
Topic: Might and Magic Timeline (My Version)
Replies: 39
Views: 32129

It would be really hard to agree to agree that xeen series are put into the bottom of the list. Altough it happens unspecified time after mm3, and clash of corak and shelthem may have occured at any time. There is mention in finale of mm7 that they know that corak crashed on xeen, thus making mm4 ch...
by Tress
Oct 22 2008, 8:15
Topic: Music Problem! (MM7)
Replies: 12
Views: 1901

Well one option is that you somewhere get image of disc. Then go to some web site that have given music and using nero or some other program you burn game files on it and add mp3 files as audio tracks on it(preferably in right order otherwise you will get wrong music on wrong locations , but themes ...
by Tress
Oct 21 2008, 13:25
Topic: Music Problem! (MM7)
Replies: 12
Views: 1901

mm6-8 uses archaic way of storing music as audio tracks. That means if you somehow got image of cd ( i presume that you dont want to use cd drive since its damaged or something :P) music wont play. That also means that if you burned image on disc you wont get music unless you add audio tracks manual...

Go to advanced search