Search found 797 matches

by Tress
Nov 2 2016, 8:39
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Starting a solo MM9 game
Replies: 17
Views: 4509

Re: Starting a solo MM9 game

Is this game ok after the beginning? I found it so hard to like it. Loved MM7 and MM8. It gets very slightly better, starting locations are worst in mm series I.E you are trapped in 2locations until you get to mainland, but overally its horrible and underdeveloped, and just slightly over Alpha vers...
by Tress
Oct 21 2016, 10:33
Topic: MM7 2 member party
Replies: 16
Views: 3932

Re: MM7 2 member party

I don't call Rogues weak, but the difference between them and Knights is durability. Rogues sacrifice that for their other utility (Disarm Trap, etc.). I mean not you and in this case particular. I have seen several mentions of that , like mm6-7-8 comparison thread for latest. Sure they have lower ...
by Tress
Oct 19 2016, 13:09
Topic: MM7 2 member party
Replies: 16
Views: 3932

Re: MM7 2 member party

Armmaster is good but not as good as it could be unfortunatelly so if you dont miss too much may skip somewhat, as it doesnt grant dmg boost. This is why rogues are so potent in late game, because dmg boost+ reduced recovery rate makes them killing machines. I really wonder why people insist rogue i...
by Tress
Oct 19 2016, 9:08
Topic: Might and Magic fan game
Replies: 2
Views: 2834

Re: Might and Magic fan game

Looks more polished than most MM fan projects which tried to continue story , which is shame since most of them break down because they get too ambitious for their own good. Still its very good trend that game making tools become more and more available to common man. When projects like MMT started ...
by Tress
Sep 5 2016, 7:07
Topic: Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8
Replies: 1
Views: 1195

Re: Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8

No , you cant. Item must be of high enough quality to be eligible. Probably done so you couldnt get lot of money by enchanting low level stuff and selling them.Well as for suspension of disbelief, there can always be means that are not eligible to players. When I first time played mm6 first time, i ...
by Tress
Jun 27 2016, 6:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necromancy bug on Anastasya storyline.
Replies: 0
Views: 1601

Necromancy bug on Anastasya storyline.

Hi All Recently started playing Anastasia's campaign and noticed odd bug. First encounter with it was at "reflection" boss at end of mission 2. For some reason necromancy skill was reverted to rank 1 instead of 3 which i should have for lvl 15. On next mission necromancy starts to act even...
by Tress
Apr 24 2015, 12:28
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Collectors Ed. Available in US
Replies: 31
Views: 7812

Well I wouldnt advise anyone against collectors eddition. First of all , you get physical stuff , which is good even if game is crap. Basicaly extra stuff has nothing to do with game. If you don't want stuff, can as well wait, considering there is steam availability , it will go 25 % discount in no ...
by Tress
Apr 21 2015, 19:28
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 22466

Homm 4 vampire is refference to bella lugosi portrayal , which again by our day standards can be viewed as comedic. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Bela_lugosi_dracula.jpg Could google for cheesy shot as well if I wanted to . POint still stands, Orlocks scene with bread cutting ,...
by Tress
Apr 21 2015, 6:17

Yes I am aware of cinemas vampire history. But while nosferatu is quite iconic, if you actually check movie, then acting is quite laughable, and any modern nosferatu portrayal is quite modernized (see world of darkness for example ) . Homm 4 vampire is refference to bella lugosi portrayal , which ag...
by Tress
Apr 20 2015, 20:56
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Android Versions?
Replies: 1
Views: 1547

Heroes 3 HD have android version for official way. There are also few other adaptations , like android launchers fro HOMM3 , as wel as unsupported version of VCMI to emulate heroes 3.
No remakes for 4 or more later parts though.
by Tress
Apr 20 2015, 20:52

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag274/Galaadlehaut/Vampire_zpssnnhmqha.gif I know the new generation prefers Arthas/Brad Pitt/Twilight. :sad: Its' not like Garrys Oldmans performance was lifetime ago for serious movie vampire portrayal. We can pick more comc like Luke Evans portralayl for "...
by Tress
Apr 20 2015, 6:58

Well vampires are awesome. I mean, when they're fearsome

Which they never even attempted to do prior to HOMM 5 :D .
Pastiche of 40+ year old films are not counting.
by Tress
Apr 5 2015, 8:08

You're welcome. The interview is mindblowing. At first I wanted to ask him if it was true he was sexually aroused by spiders but too many members of the community voiced their opinion against it. I hope you understand that was neither witty or funny and it was expected behavior to turn such questio...
by Tress
Mar 25 2015, 22:43
Topic: Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?
Replies: 26
Views: 9328

I'd go so far as to say that absolutely no one could solve that "puzzle" w/o cheating...21 perfectly correct moves of right or left or forward or back, and sometimes two steps in sequence of forward or back or right or left--etc.--I can't see how it could be done without following the sol...
by Tress
Mar 24 2015, 8:38

I enjoyed both playthroughs (normal + hard) at MnM X. I found it a good cRPG, with oldschool feeling (party based, first person, tile based, turn based etc.) It is not a classic like MnM 6-8, but still an honest ressurection of a "dead" serie. It is a little "heavy" for its grap...
by Tress
Mar 23 2015, 7:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Dragon of Mozchopz
Replies: 7
Views: 2328

Re: Dragon of Mozchopz

Romanov77 - actually, yes. Unlike Bandobras Took, I was around during 2E AD&D, even. Whether in Heroes, dragons are reptiles or not, they are vertebrates, and no vertebrate has, well, vertebrae where this thing has. here, take a look at a frilled lizard's skeleton: https://c2.staticflickr.com/8...
by Tress
Mar 22 2015, 20:18

I think most damaging bugs were patched. Sure they could dish out some more addons and content in general, but overall I don't think that without extra help, game could be seen as incomplete. Regarding puzzles. Yup some were extremely unforgiving, still it's part of charm. I did mage quest without a...
by Tress
Mar 21 2015, 11:43
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 59181

I got H6 at a discount on steam... played a bit, until Uplay started to not work... tried reinstalling once... Yeah, sorry Ubi, at this rate its easier to just pirate it. I wonder If I am only one who never had any problems with UPLAY. I didnt play h6 at launch when most mess was present , but cons...
by Tress
Mar 18 2015, 13:56
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 59181

The damage is going further, it was not enough of them to offer us horrid art-style, now they frankenstein our beloved heroes from the past as well. Behold Ashan-Edric (makes me want to puke) and Tyris now has a strabism lol https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/haven-s-hall-of-heroes How far will...
by Tress
Mar 6 2015, 18:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: H7 Dimension Portal
Replies: 8
Views: 2608

Re: H7 Dimension Portal

This is how the dimension portals will look like in H7, apparently. Quite nice. Bit of a <a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/SG1stargate.jpg">Stargate</a>-ripoff, but ... <p>Source: <a href="https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/march-screenshots">Ubisoft</a>...

Go to advanced search