Search found 164 matches

by danhvo
09 Sep 2008, 22:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best level 5 unit
Replies: 23
Views: 14211

Really? They're not that bad IMO, especially because of No Retaliation and the ability to hit multiple opponents. I LOVE hydras ... when they're neutral stacks guarding mines. For the experience you get from them, they must be among the easiest creatures to fight. In the hands of human players thou...
by danhvo
09 Sep 2008, 17:52
Topic: pendant of mastery
Replies: 11
Views: 4552

Hehe. I was just having a little fun with the newbie. :D
by danhvo
08 Sep 2008, 23:10
Topic: pendant of mastery
Replies: 11
Views: 4552

You can have your hero wear it to gain a level of mastery in his racial skill. But to make the most of it, here's what you need to do. First give the Pendant and another Relic to your 8th most powerful hero. Have him/her wield the Pendant in the weapon slot. Then march this hero to the square that i...
by danhvo
29 Aug 2008, 08:38
Topic: Superior Academy Upgrades
Replies: 25
Views: 6317

You don't often face 30 spellpower necros do you. It's basically an armageddon tha doesn't hit undead and damage is pretty decent. Throw in sorcery and it's a potential game winner provided the game is not too long. I am not going to engage in that discussion here, as this is not the right thread. ...
by danhvo
29 Aug 2008, 05:02
Topic: Superior Academy Upgrades
Replies: 25
Views: 6317

It's hard to imagine CotN being abused. This is a weak-enough level 5 spell already. If anyone can make good use of it, I'd say good for him. More variety, instead of just Puppet Master and Vampirism. Calling it "abuse" would imply that it's overused, or its use is unfair somehow. (Sorry t...
by danhvo
28 Aug 2008, 21:41
Topic: Best level 4 unit
Replies: 83
Views: 16616

Fortunately, mummies have very low speed. My necromancer did own two pieces of the Necro set, reducing their speed to 3, which allowed the VLs to jump around the battlefield to avoid them. LOL and that makes the Vampires "great" creatures? :D The point is, as someone pointed out, they are...
by danhvo
28 Aug 2008, 18:10

Mummies are undead and you can't drain life from them :tongue: LOL. Did you think life-drain could have helped here? One whack from one of the mummy stacks and probably 200 VLs would have been wiped out, let alone a mere 50. Fortunately, mummies have very low speed. My necromancer did own two piece...
by danhvo
27 Aug 2008, 22:46

Vampire Lords are valued for their creeping ability. In one map, I pitted 50 VLs against 1700 mummies, and won. All I had was a mid-level (~14) necromancer with Mass Slow and Mark of the Necromancer. Admittedly, the necromancer does the bulk of the work here, but there's no doubt in my mind that no ...
by danhvo
27 Aug 2008, 21:46
Topic: Sar-Issus Regalia
Replies: 6
Views: 3574

Can you do an experiment to see whether it's actually 20% and just misreports? I'm curious too.
by danhvo
26 Aug 2008, 19:47
Topic: First Aid Tent - 3 Uses Only
Replies: 18
Views: 6967

Giving the Healing Tent unlimited use would be indeed very bad. The Healing Tent's resurrection is perfect resurrection, like the Archangels', meaning it doesn't reduce the stack's maximum hit points each time. But I agree that the current restriction is too limited. I think the Healing Tent should ...
by danhvo
25 Aug 2008, 23:42
Topic: Favourite faction in H5 - 2007
Replies: 61
Views: 23888

Asheera wrote:When you get near an invisible unit, it becomes visible.
Are you sure? I thought they become visible when you run into them (you're trying to move somewhere and they're in your way), or, if a flyer, land on them.
by danhvo
19 Aug 2008, 17:21
Topic: Patch 3.1 is out!
Replies: 34
Views: 16375

LOL. I think I'd make a very bad game tester. I didn't notice any of the problems that they "fixed".
by danhvo
19 Aug 2008, 00:05
Topic: Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?
Replies: 47
Views: 13748

I am not disappointed in the Stronghold faction. I do find them very interesting. The problem I have with them is that I think their vulnerability to magic is a huge weakness, not adequately compensated for by various Shatter skills. Maybe my impression is wrong, so I have this question for you folk...
by danhvo
17 Aug 2008, 19:33
Topic: The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame
Views: 4593

As for the knight, his skill wheel does look sparse. What is really ridiculous is that leadership is the emptiest of all of them when it should be the knight's forte with some neat perks. It is a bit sparse, but it actually makes things a bit simpler. The Knight is the only class that can get both ...
by danhvo
17 Aug 2008, 05:25
Topic: The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame
Views: 4593

John.Galt wrote:Amen... Warlock's luck should be for Warlocks
That seems fair. As it is right now, the Warlock is the only class that doesn't have any unique ability.
by danhvo
17 Aug 2008, 05:10
Topic: Ultimate creep machine? -- Case description
Replies: 19
Views: 4653

Any thoughts on how Kaspar is better then Vlad in early game? Is it just me or war machines ARE all early game is about? I agree completely. Kaspar is great for early game creeping. In fact, any hero that starts out with War Machines is good for this. My favorite, by far, is Vittorio the Siege Engi...
by danhvo
31 Jul 2008, 18:32
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20506

Irresistable Magic DOESN'T AFFECT Immunities. (like those of Black Dragons). I'm surprised you said that. I thought it is well-known that Irresistible Magic treats immunities as 100% protection. Hence, a warlock with Expert Irresistible Magic will do 50% magic damage to black dragons. That's the co...
by danhvo
29 Jul 2008, 22:36
Topic: Warpath a good idea?
Replies: 17
Views: 10029

Snatch is more useful than it appears. Unfortunately, it's impossible to get both Swift Mind and Snatch, so I usually don't go for it. But you forget one of its important features. On a map with a lot of boats and water, it's definitely worth taking. Teleport Assault and, if you're a wizard, March o...
by danhvo
29 Jul 2008, 22:01
Topic: Warpath a good idea?
Replies: 17
Views: 10029

All the sub-skills suck? I beg to differ. I love Swift Mind and Snatch. Silent Stalker can be pretty cool too, as it lets you know ahead of time whether a neutral stack might join you. You might think they suck because, with the exception of Swift Mind, none of the perks has much effect on battles, ...
by danhvo
29 Jul 2008, 19:52
Topic: Attack stat
Replies: 9
Views: 2697

squire does 5x5 damage while vindicator does 8x5 damage Hm. If Asheera's formulas are correct, it should be: (Vindicator's Damage) = (Squire's Damage)*1.15 In other words, the vindicator does about 15% more damage than the squire, assuming, of course, that the attacked creature has a lower defense ...

Go to advanced search