Search found 48 matches

by Paviel
03 Oct 2014, 19:11
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The altar key in MM7
Replies: 21
Views: 9625

Notice that Kastore's team judging by their MMIII alignments, contained one good and one neutral character (Kastore himself no less). So it only makes sense to believe one team neede the majority of the cubes for some reason. Kastore's team was Kastore himself (neutral), Maximus (evil), Dark Shade ...
by Paviel
02 Oct 2014, 20:29
Topic: Who Sunk Might and Magic? My analysis.
Replies: 10
Views: 7395

Even though the Light-side ending of MM7 was canonical, it still didn't reconnect Enroth with the Ancients. As (the other) Corak said, "When the Kreegan infiltrated the Gate Web 900 years ago, the entire Spinward Rim was cut off from the rest of the system. That’s where we are right now..."...
by Paviel
02 Oct 2014, 20:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Something strange about the Heroes II campaign
Replies: 6
Views: 4866

That wasn't how the successor to Morglin's father was decided, though. Ragnar's father just seized the throne for himself.
by Paviel
25 Sep 2014, 16:28

I meant immediately before, when Ironfist was battling Slayer, Lamanda, and Alamar for control over Enroth. There wasn't a seer deciding which of them would rule, was there?
by Paviel
24 Sep 2014, 19:20

Something strange about the Heroes II campaign

In the intro to the Heroes II campaign, the narrator said "Traditionally, the choice of the heir falls to the royal seer..." According to what tradition? Unless Heroes II took place many generations after Heroes I, rather than just one generation, there wasn't enough time to establish a tr...
by Paviel
21 Feb 2011, 01:03
Topic: Chronology - Clash of the Dragons + AB Dragons Blood
Replies: 22
Views: 8426

I don't see how, since those caves are miles inland and nowhere near the Nighon Straits or the coast in general. Not every single subterranean level with Dungeons in it is a Nighon tunnel. Scenario 3 was where Tarnum went looking for the Gold Dragon Queen, who lived in Rionpoint. Rionpoint actually...
by Paviel
21 Feb 2011, 00:12

(By the way - note that there's no evidence of those tunnels having been dug yet in CotD.) Actually, the tunnels in scenarios 3 and 6, and the fact that Mutare's forces invade through those tunnels, suggest that those tunnels had been dug yet. Nighon doesn't lose territory as Erathia or Deyja might...
by Paviel
20 Feb 2011, 21:15

Deyja: King Gryphonheart's coup against King Vilmar didn't interfere with Deyja's military operations, except maybe for Mot's rebellion (which King Gryphonheart had to quell before invading Erathia). Deyja's military was largely unified under King Gryphonheart until the Necromancers decided to ally ...
by Paviel
15 Feb 2011, 02:25

Are we sure it's the same Adrienne? And are we sure that the demons in CotD were Kreegans from Eeofol? Because if they were, then CotD had to take place after the Night of Shooting Stars. (There were no Kreegans in Eeofol prior to the Night of Shooting Stars.) P.S: Here are a few random facts (and i...
by Paviel
13 Feb 2011, 19:36
Topic: MM6 Memory Crystals and Oracle
Replies: 51
Views: 22625

There is certainly a difference between physical and energy based attacks, as evidenced by the fact that the reactor is immune to physical attacks but not energy attacks.

I guess oozes are immune to energy attacks as well as physical and poison attacks.
by Paviel
08 Feb 2011, 22:55
Topic: Can't install Heroes IV: The Gathering Storm
Replies: 2
Views: 2206

I'm pretty sure at this point that the problem is that the disc is damaged. I can install the original and Winds of War just fine, and that seems to be because the discs aren't scratched.
by Paviel
04 Feb 2011, 22:27
Topic: Can't install Heroes IV: The Gathering Storm
Replies: 2
Views: 2206

Can't install Heroes IV: The Gathering Storm

When I try to install The Gathering Storm, I get the following error message at about 19%:

"An error occurred during the move data process: -106.
Component: Program Files
File Group: Program Files
File: storm_override.h4r"

How can I fix this problem?
by Paviel
19 Nov 2009, 14:50
Topic: A whole world wide map of Heroes universe?
Replies: 25
Views: 9426

Another issue with an official globe is inconsistency between the games (e.g. Eeofol being full of active volcanoes in Heroes 3 and not having any active volcanoes in Might and Magic 7.) And Harmondale is never mentioned by name in any of the Heroes games, either (although it IS likely that the even...
by Paviel
19 Nov 2009, 13:25
Topic: Famous quotes from Might and Magic Games!
Replies: 26
Views: 11797

I think you're mistaken. Just to give it some context... Archibald: "What? Wait a minute. Go back." Lieutenant Kaelic (Sp?): "You mean the part where I personally slew two elves with a single arrow?" Archibald: "No, no! AFTER that lie! Tell me about the boxes!" Another ...
by Paviel
03 Nov 2009, 21:52
Topic: Ancient Wyvren Instant Death
Replies: 13
Views: 4950

On a similar note, be aware that Minotaur Lords and Blood Titans have the same ability, so be mindful of that when you do Nighon and Eeofol.

And no, there is no item bonus that protects from instant death in the same way that "of Freedom" items protect from paralysis, etc.
by Paviel
03 Nov 2009, 05:16
Topic: Increase spawn rates?
Replies: 34
Views: 11759

How about Alchemy for making potions? When, if at all, is a good time to worry about that skill? Take Basic Alchemy as soon as possible, so that you can brew orange and purple potions (i.e. the cheapest way to cure disease and poison early in the game). Other than that, don't worry about it unless ...
by Paviel
31 Oct 2009, 17:33
Topic: MM7 - Your hardest dungeon
Replies: 15
Views: 8213

Then I wonder if I can get through the Eofol (sp?) tunnels before I get the mission too. Wait.... I'm taking the good guy side. Oops, nvm. It's Eeofol, with two E's, and if you're strong/stealthy/lucky enough, you can get there even before you choose a new arbiter. (I know; I did it once. And Archi...
by Paviel
29 Oct 2009, 19:46
Topic: [MM7] Fighting Queens of the Dead
Replies: 24
Views: 12655

I'd suggest fighting your way to the Breeding Zone and completing the Archmage Promotion before trying to clear out anything else. I'm pretty sure that the Archmage and Lich promotions were designed for stealth rather than a straight fight, but since you prefer a straight fight, that's my suggestion...
by Paviel
22 Aug 2008, 22:30
Topic: Installing MM3, 4, and 5
Replies: 1
Views: 1258

Installing MM3, 4, and 5

I'm trying to install the Might and Magic Trilogy (i.e. 3, 4, and 5). I've got Dosbox, but whenever I try to run the Install command from the CD in Dosbox it says "Please run this program from the Might and Magic CD." What does that mean? As far as I know, I AM running the program from the...
by Paviel
19 Aug 2008, 21:04
Topic: Need HoMM 1 Campaign Help
Replies: 33
Views: 10717

In some ways, the Barbarian is harder than the spellcasters. At the risk of spoiling a bit of the next few scenarios, what lies between your territory and theirs prevents them from attacking you. So whereas the Barbarians charge across the desert in a matter of weeks, the Sorceress and Warlock prett...

Go to advanced search