Search found 551 matches

by Big Daddy Jim
17 Apr 2008, 17:48
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Modder's Corner Opened
Replies: 19
Views: 6390

Modder's Corner Opened

Sorry, I don't get around the Internet much to respond to comments. However, I have just opened a Modder's Corner at the following site; http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/ If anyone is interested, I just posted a 32-page .PDF article entitled A Guide to MM7 Modding, Part One, Creating Creature...
by Big Daddy Jim
07 Apr 2008, 14:51
Topic: MM7Rev4mod Released!
Replies: 7
Views: 4625

MM7Rev4mod Released!

I would like to personally and publicly thank the folks at Celestial Heavens, and in particular Angelspit, for hosting the final release of the MM7Rev4mod game. It is my sincere hope that the MM community will enjoy this game mod and 'grace' the occasional 'flaws' in the storyline and evloving diffi...
by Big Daddy Jim
12 Mar 2008, 21:05
Forum: News
Topic: Modding Might and Magic VII
Replies: 18
Views: 12360

Modding Might and Magic VII

Once this mod is complete and 'Bug Free' (possibly by mid-April or-so), would the fine Celestial Heavens site care to 'host' this game for 'posterity sake'? I would much appreciate it.

BDJ

Author, Designer and Programmer of MM7Rev4mod
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Dec 2007, 02:12
Topic: A Public Offer to the Celestial Heavens MM Community
Replies: 24
Views: 12094

The enrolment for this course is now closed. I have one confirmed and one possible participant.

Thanks for letting me post this offer on the forum. Best to all!

Have a Great Holiday Season ... Merry Christmas!

Adou ...

BDJ ...
by Big Daddy Jim
14 Dec 2007, 02:02

Besides, I may be 'jointly authoring' an entirely new MM game based on the MM8 engine with another established 'modder'. So are you saying you have the ability to use the ACTUAL MM8 engine to create a completely new game? I actually really like the engine used in MM6-8. My question is how, without ...
by Big Daddy Jim
11 Dec 2007, 20:38

I truely hope some mods come out from this. Sherwin, The offering of this tutorial is/was for the express purpose of providing this community with the knowlege and experience to do more than just 'wish' for the 'perfect' MM game, but to be able to 'realize' their 'dreams' for a new and 'perfect' MM...
by Big Daddy Jim
10 Dec 2007, 17:45

Cool! :-D I'm in. I do have needed skills: good programming skills, reverse engeneering and file formats studying experience, but the problem is that I don't have much free time. GrayFace, Perhaps we should 'chat' off-line about this. I am somewhat concerned about your available time and the time r...
by Big Daddy Jim
05 Dec 2007, 12:37

MM Game Mod Outline

Might and Magic Game Modification An Inductive Approach Description. This course presents an inductive ‘turorial’ to Might and Magic game modification using the MM7 Rev 4 Mod as a guide to programming the ‘event language’ of the Might and Magic games. This inductive approach consists of a series of...
by Big Daddy Jim
01 Dec 2007, 20:11

Can you list the ‘prerequisites' for this course’? I do not mean the dedication part, but what minimum programming skills and what programming programs do the ‘students’ need to have access to. As I teach I will not have any time to devote to this type of project until next summer; I may consider i...
by Big Daddy Jim
01 Dec 2007, 00:40

A Public Offer to the Celestial Heavens MM Community

Loyal fans continue to hope and wait for the defining announcement that a new Might and Magic game is under development and due to be release on a specific date. I personally doubt that this will occur, but if it does, I doubt that the game will be worthy of the Might and Magic legacy. So – do the p...
by Big Daddy Jim
29 Oct 2007, 16:12
Topic: Hex Editing Example by Big Daddy Jim
Replies: 9
Views: 10120

Re: Hex Editing Example by Big Daddy Jim

Hi guys :) Big Daddy Jim has posted this yesterday at mm7tavern. I think it can be usefull because if you know how to hexedit you can edit/mod everything in the might and magic games. Hey all, Just noticed this post concerning Hex editing and it’s ‘purported capabilities’. There are many thing that...

Go to advanced search