> nice try, evil Electronic Arts spy!

Great Scott, this one actually made me laugh! :D
by Sikon
Oct 8 2005, 16:56
Forum: News
Topic: More Answers from Nival
Replies: 24
Views: 4628

Sorry, I misspelled the name. Of course it's Fawkner, not Fokner, but Larisa misspelled it first. :)
by Sikon
Sep 21 2005, 16:46
Topic: Dungeon Info Revealed
Replies: 70
Views: 14168

By "their people" he probably means people from HC. "Their agents", in other words. :)
by Sikon
Sep 21 2005, 15:50
Topic: New Factions in a Russian Magazine
Replies: 8
Views: 2616

Update: LaBoule said he's going to put some Dungeon content on Heroic Corner in 15 minutes. Woohoo! (The town features Minotaurs, Hydras and Black Dragons, but all the other monsters are brand new.)
by Sikon
Sep 21 2005, 15:41
Topic: New Factions in a Russian Magazine
Views: 2616

If this NDA is going to be enforced as strictly as the KRI 2005 one, then it's improbable. Wiping mentions of the Dungeon from CH won't change anything, as the information has already spread throughout the Net.
And if Peacemaker doesn't help with translation, I will.
by Sikon
Sep 21 2005, 4:51
Topic: Remaining Towns Confirmed
Replies: 21
Views: 3779

I think if they add the Barbarians, they will be strict in their neutrality.
by Sikon
Sep 11 2005, 11:27
Topic: HOMMV Stolen Alpha!
Replies: 27
Views: 5473

Well, Buka's copies of Heroes IV all had different CD keys and StarForce protection, so I'm confident about their legitimacy. :) Anyway, Buka is the official publisher. Also worth mentioning is Softclub's localized licensed version of Warcraft III (again, with unique CD keys all valid on Battle.net)...
by Sikon
Sep 10 2005, 16:49
Topic: HOMMV Stolen Alpha!
Replies: 27
Views: 5473

Peacemaker, please don't over-exaggerate yourself. Ordering from Internet (yes, Internet, not internet, by all means) shops doesn't cost "half of average salary". And licensed versions of games (not speaking of other software, where the situation is hopeless) are not uncommon, especially when they o...
by Sikon
Aug 23 2005, 1:31
Topic: About the Starforce Copy Protection
Replies: 15
Views: 5543

I agree with Ethric. It only complicates things for legitimate customers, as pirates are going to crack copy protection anyway. (Like StarForce hasn't been cracked already.)
by Sikon
Aug 18 2005, 2:13
Topic: The Necropolis Revealed
Replies: 16
Views: 4266

Woohoo, Warcraft.
by Sikon
Aug 12 2005, 3:41
Topic: On the Official Sites
Replies: 7
Views: 2792

Year of the Seventh Dragon. This was mentioned in the official storyline.
Am I the only one who thinks that the storyline smells like an utter cliche?
by Sikon
Aug 12 2005, 3:35
Topic: Inferno and Haven Info
Replies: 96
Views: 20264

Calm down, you two. With little information we have, this is not a place to discuss whether H5 is an H3 clone or not. This comments page is a place to discuss the news entry - namely, the info about towns and creatures. If you want to discuss something else, you might have a look at the forum.
by Sikon
Aug 11 2005, 11:34

By the way, where is the Balor? Did they decide to remove that name?
by Sikon
Aug 11 2005, 8:47

And Ashan is the name of the new world, I suppose.
by Sikon
Aug 11 2005, 8:47

Looks like they are using the dangerous concept of upgrades for all creatures by using ridiculous names. "Succubus Favorite" is even worse than "Veteran Pikeman" and "Wyvern Monarch".
by Sikon
Aug 10 2005, 4:33
Topic: HOMMV Development Diary #1
Views: 2951

"and then Axeoth with Enroth, Erathia, Jadame, Cheh'dian etc." How long have they been playing the first four Heroes games, I wonder? It almost looks like they think all those continents are in Axeoth. And throughout the article, they use "Axeoth" to refer to the old Heroes universe in general. Neve...
by Sikon
Aug 5 2005, 12:51
Topic: Dark Messiah Announced
Replies: 22
Views: 7493

Sgt_BFG, no, you don't. Source and Steam are unrelated technologies, even though Half-Life 2 uses both.
But Source! It's great! Where can one find another engine so flexible and optimized, making the most out of lower-end systems?
by Sikon
Jun 26 2005, 16:54
Topic: Q&A from the Nival Forum
Replies: 11
Views: 3738

Heroes games were also rated T, and some even E, which is a less-restrictive rating.
by Sikon
Mar 24 2005, 8:53
Topic: Heroes V available to download?
Replies: 5
Views: 2459

It's not S.T.E.A.M, it's just Steam. It's a rather mediocre system which Valve claims to be a major technological breakthrough. Even a student can write a more reliable program. As for me, I'm not very enthusiastic since I have to pay 5 cents per MB of traffic, and it's much cheaper to buy a CD (in ...
by Sikon
Feb 11 2005, 13:04
Topic: Interview with Evil C
Replies: 3
Views: 2198

Well well well. At least we have a confirmation from someone besides Fabrice that Ubisoft is indeed developing H5.

Go to advanced search