Search found 1684 matches

by Banedon
18 Oct 2016, 12:31
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Twitch
Replies: 4
Views: 3946

HoMM III on Twitch

Something made me look this up some time ago, and I saw one tournament game with 100+ viewers in progress. My immediate takeaway was, now I understand what csarmi was saying! The map was so giganormous that one hero would never be able to clear it; in fact I would have built up multiple heroes and e...
by Banedon
01 Oct 2016, 13:31
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft
Replies: 19
Views: 14377

Re: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft

I agree as well... Look at Diablo 3 from Blizzard. Lots of bugs when it came out. Diablo 2 was delayed twice for a proper finish. Now it's all about shareholders... I believe one day gamers will vote with their wallets. I have done just that with Heroes 7. You may be looking at things through rose-...
by Banedon
28 Sep 2016, 10:56
Topic: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft
Views: 14377

Re: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft

Honestly this is hardly exceptional, and something I'd hazard happens an awful lot in many companies worldwide, in all industries. Basic recipe is, shareholders (or top management in private companies) care about the total amount of money they make, and not so much about how that money is made. Dela...
by Banedon
14 Mar 2016, 11:37
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 60
Views: 48056

Re: The Witcher series

Without spoiling - you may have your hearts broken over Roche's fate because of the endings in the third game. Would be something to see - I personally don't care much for Roche because Geralt and him seem not like friends but rather allies forced by necessity. Roche has some strong qualities sure,...
by Banedon
13 Mar 2016, 10:19

Well I remember the dragon fight as "keep Quen up as long as possible, chop her to bits". Not particularly difficult once I got used to the attack patterns. Letho fight was always a case of Yrden use, which I'd been relying on for much of the game. Even on Dark difficulty it wasn't hard. R...
by Banedon
13 Mar 2016, 00:09

Lol twenty seconds, what difficulty did you play at? I recall the dragon fight being decently difficult, but not because I can't kill her fast enough - more of a case of me dying in a few hits. I'm surprised you could still upgrade your weapons! I had the best equipment long before that happened. Th...
by Banedon
13 Feb 2016, 14:00
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 437519

Re: Hangman vol. VIII

M
by Banedon
13 Feb 2016, 13:57

Re: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I found Witcher 1 and 2 both really good, so I'm absolutely getting Witcher 3. But not yet - waiting for all the patches and enhanced editions etc to be released first!
by Banedon
05 Jan 2016, 11:55
Forum: News
Topic: Celestial Heavens Review Heroes VII
Replies: 4
Views: 3383

Re: Celestial Heavens Review Heroes VII

Typo: it's spelled "myriad", not "myriade".
by Banedon
15 Dec 2015, 23:56
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 437519

Re: Hangman vol. VIII

Right I don't remember that much of HoMM 5, but I'm pretty damn sure the answer is Talonguard. Which doesn't fit. In other words,

:hanged: Avonu :loll: :loll:
by Banedon
19 Nov 2015, 11:19
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 132469

Re: Diablo III

Yes, so the only disadvantages to not playing on your home servers are 1) server maintenance for other servers may not be scheduled for your night times and 2) a slight increase in ping. My only character is on American servers. Is there a big disadvantage switching servers now? I imagine not, since...
by Banedon
19 Nov 2015, 11:10
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: New content 1.5 preview
Replies: 25
Views: 14042

Re: New content 1.5 preview

Thing is, if you're willing to work super long hours now, why didn't you work hard and get the game shipshape before it's released? Unless you were already working 80-hour weeks before the game was released, in which case I shudder to even think what being a game developer is like.
by Banedon
18 Nov 2015, 23:49
Topic: New content 1.5 preview
Replies: 25
Views: 14042

Re: New content 1.5 preview

One can only wonder how hard Limbic are working their employees. Five patches in six weeks, are you guys demanding 14 hour a day 7 days a week, or what?
by Banedon
14 Nov 2015, 13:58

Lol, the only character I have is a Wizard - that just illustrates how much effort I put to one and only one build. I can justify starting again from level 1 for RoS though, especially if I have friends to play with.

I'm on American servers. You?
by Banedon
12 Nov 2015, 13:00

Blimey, and I tend to figure out a build I like and stick to it for the rest of the game. Not particularly encouraging, especially since I've already given up playing Diablo 3 vanilla again. Maybe I'll buy it if there's a discount and some of my real-life friends buy it too, otherwise I'm leaning to...
by Banedon
12 Nov 2015, 12:10
Topic: Love
Replies: 28
Views: 16406

Re: Love

Why is it that when people fall in love, they immediately take the idea that the significant other cannot have romantic / physical relations with anyone else? Like, if Alice falls in love with Bob and then finds out later that Bob's also been seeing Eve, Alice is likely to take offense, even though ...
by Banedon
08 Nov 2015, 00:13

wimfrits are you still playing RoS? I'm wondering what game to buy next, and am debating between RoS, GW2 HoT, and something completely new. I spent some time on D3 again for the first time in months recently, and played enough of it to gain like 20 paragon levels, but it's once again getting rather...
by Banedon
12 Oct 2015, 14:54
Topic: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?
Views: 10086

Re: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

Well I'll say. maltz's HoMM 5 walkthroughs (which are the only ones I really relied on) are not only helpful, they are quite entertaining to read. Hope someone steps up to write similarly entertaining walkthroughs for H7!
by Banedon
12 Oct 2015, 14:51
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 130982

Re: So is this game worth buying?

so the game being decidedly average (6.1-6.7) I've heard several people describe a score of 6/10 as average. I don't get it. That's a D. How would you feel if you got a D on a test? C's aren't even transferable here. I think you're overly harsh, or perhaps you have a different educational backgroun...
by Banedon
10 Oct 2015, 03:04
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 130982

Re: So is this game worth buying?

I'm so very said reading all this. Really had my hopes up high. I'll refrain from buying the game just yet. You sure are optimistic wimfrits. I didn't have high hopes going into the release, so the game being decidedly average (6.1-6.7 on Gamerankins and Metacritic last I saw) didn't really affect ...

Go to advanced search