Search found 1684 matches

by Banedon
20 Jan 2019, 12:10
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Buying a new laptop
Replies: 26
Views: 17789

Re: Buying a new laptop

My God, why are laptops with the new graphics cards so expensive?! Like, yeah the graphics cards themselves went up in price by a hundred dollars or so, but how can the price go up by ~50%?!
by Banedon
17 Jan 2019, 11:44

Quick update, new graphics cards are finally released and the reviews for the 2060 are really good. I'm greatly anticipating the 2060 laptops when they're finally released and will almost certainly buy one then!
by Banedon
07 Nov 2018, 11:12

Thanks Pol. My heart was telling me do it but my head kept telling me the time was so bad I really shouldn't buy a computer unless I absolutely needed to, so I brought this computer to repair. It seems it's not in as bad a condition as I thought. After a system restore, the only thing I've "los...
by Banedon
05 Nov 2018, 13:06

Well call my dumb because it's almost the end of the year and the new graphics cards still aren't available (they've apparently been released for desktops, but not laptops). Besides from the reviews these graphics cards not even that good, being mostly for a technology that isn't available yet. It's...
by Banedon
29 Mar 2018, 04:12

Update on what I wound up doing: nothing (unfortunately). After a bit more searching, I decided to wait for the next generation of NVidia graphics cards before making a purchase. They're apparently expected early 2018, and some new Volta cards are already available after all. Of course it's already ...
by Banedon
01 Jan 2018, 02:40
Topic: PF2018
Replies: 10
Views: 6041

Re: PF2018

Uhh, what's PF?
by Banedon
31 Dec 2017, 11:47

Question: is it worth paying 30% more to get the 1st computer instead of the 2nd (in the links above)?
by Banedon
22 Dec 2017, 23:33

Lol nice! Excellent reason to be concerned! Turns out I can't buy the ASUS laptop from where I am in the world, so that's out. The Acer Predator's still an option however and the reviews I've seen are positive. They don't say it's extremely good, but they do say it's extremely good for that price po...
by Banedon
21 Dec 2017, 20:15

8| What makes you say it's fishy? That sounds like a (very) bad sign.
by Banedon
19 Dec 2017, 10:39

Spent some time searching and it seems I can find the cheapest prices on Amazon (surprise surprise). It also seems like I should aim for at least a GT1060, preferably GT1070. As a result I'm narrowing my choices to two: https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-GL502VS-DB71-Windows-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B072...
by Banedon
12 Dec 2017, 06:28

Thanks. I took a look around and my budget appears to be on the low end. I can certainly spend more money, especially since I find the computer so utterly crucial to my life, but I'm still not likely to go above ~US$ 2k at most. We'll see. I might also go ahead and get a 17" laptop, because why...
by Banedon
09 Dec 2017, 19:16

@Pol well I still have to uninstall all of those programs. At one point my current computer failed and I had to reset it to factory settings, which also led to a second round of uninstalling. It's bearable but annoying. Would you guys say this guide is applicable or is it outdated? https://www.lapto...
by Banedon
08 Dec 2017, 00:53

Buying a new laptop

My current laptop has trouble connecting to the wireless network I have. It connects fine most of the time but there are occasional, consistent and very annoying dc's. I got a wifi dongle but then although the dongle detects the network it doesn't manage to connect to it. Now I'm mad at how frustrat...
by Banedon
22 Jul 2017, 07:35
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 60
Views: 47987

Re: The Witcher series

Lol Kalah playing the series in the wrong order. I just finished Witcher 1 again as well. When I first played through it all those years ago I had thought it was a great game, but now I don't feel so anymore. There're just a lot of weaknesses: inventory management is annoying as hell, lack of equipm...
by Banedon
06 Jul 2017, 00:01
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 60
Views: 47987

Re: The Witcher series

^I played some Gwent, it has lots of strengths. From a game design standpoint I like it over every other CCG except possibly Magic. But it also has lots of problems. Some of the more major ones: 1) Some cards make mulligan decisions completely pointless because you always mulligan them (e.g. two thi...
by Banedon
20 Jun 2017, 00:00
Topic: Best Deals!
Replies: 447
Views: 402325

Re: Best Deals!

GOG offered me The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free if I signed up for their newsletter recently. Was happy to take it up.

Might have something to do with their data analysis algorithms and me playing Gwent.
by Banedon
26 Apr 2017, 23:56

Why, is Starcraft a game only young people can play?

I've never played it but a friend tells me it's a very intense game in the sense that you need a high APM. On the other hand that doesn't mean it's exclusive to young people!
by Banedon
25 Apr 2017, 23:58

Starcraft is now free: http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/19/153547 ... oad-pc-mac

Sounds good.
by Banedon
25 Jan 2017, 23:52
Topic: Something troubling me
Replies: 36
Views: 154050

Re: Something troubling me

Saw this recently and the first thing I thought about was this thread: http://www.psychology-spot.com/2016/03/ ... ce-is.html

If intelligence is mostly inherited from the mother, we're all in even more trouble since the effect of this selection bias will be magnified!
by Banedon
19 Oct 2016, 23:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Twitch
Replies: 4
Views: 3945

Re: HoMM III on Twitch

Uhh, https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/He ... of%20Death?

For example https://www.twitch.tv/aiwezo has a game going on right now, and after five minutes of watching (not much time to watch unfortunately) it's still the opponent's turn.

Go to advanced search