Search found 132 matches

by CoffeeGnome
06 Nov 2007, 19:30
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 - MM9: Favorite Quest vs. Least Favorite
Replies: 41
Views: 15881

MM6 - MM9: Favorite Quest vs. Least Favorite

This topic is just to find out what was individuals favorite missions in MM6 through MM9. I loved bounty hunting in MM7 & MM8 but these also had the arcomage tournaments which are a close second. My least favorite mission was the first paladin quest from MM6. When I would have to climb those ret...
by CoffeeGnome
05 Nov 2007, 17:07
Topic: MM7 - Navan Castle Treasury
Replies: 10
Views: 13536

I finally got the time to try the knight quest immediately after evermorn island. I was 5th level for the first two battles and 6th level for the last three. Yes they did work and my party received the completion for the champion quest right after choosing the good side, however the arena is still q...
by CoffeeGnome
02 Nov 2007, 19:38
Topic: Choosing Factions in MM8
Replies: 19
Views: 10308

I wish that there was an opposing choice in factions to the minotaurs (like the trolls) because I feel that had an opportunity to add at least one more quest to the game. :mad:
by CoffeeGnome
02 Nov 2007, 19:33
Topic: What is your most embarrassing/annoying death in an MM game?
Replies: 37
Views: 18037

Following an Idea I found upon this site I started a peasant knight solo game as an experiment, the only exception to the rule is I am playing it in MM8 and I am a troll instead of a knight. Well I have already had more than my fair share of embarassing deaths with this character already and I may h...
by CoffeeGnome
01 Nov 2007, 21:44
Topic: What is your most embarrassing/annoying death in an MM game?
Replies: 37
Views: 18037

I do not know if it is all that embarassing but it can be disapppointing, but I like to experiment with my invisibility magic and stealing skills in MM7. However, I cannot tell you how many times this little pleasure of mine has gotten me into a situation I cannot get out of especially when I get ca...
by CoffeeGnome
01 Nov 2007, 20:12
Topic: What is your favorite Magic school? (MM6 and MM7 only)
Replies: 36
Views: 14861

I admit that sparks is a great way to eliminate one opponent at a time but if you want to smile very big create a party of 2 clerics and 2 sorcerers (both evil) and unleash GM armageddon 4 times with each. You will not believe how much experience you can get without even having to confront a single ...
by CoffeeGnome
01 Nov 2007, 19:21
Topic: Party based cRPGs?
Replies: 25
Views: 11739

I can relate to your "visiting old friends" comment but I also fun to try and recreate the same characters for another game environment from time to time. This usually does not work all that well being that most other games pose different gaming atmospheres and environments but, I can stil...
by CoffeeGnome
30 Oct 2007, 23:45
Topic: Anyone still playing?
Replies: 20
Views: 10795

Never could get dark messiah to work in the first place. The web site it tries to connect to when registering was down and the game became locked in the loading process. Now it will not even load at all (automaticly or manually.)
by CoffeeGnome
30 Oct 2007, 23:42
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Losing heroes of Might and magic savegames
Replies: 18
Views: 6165

I admit I have not played heroes of MM since #2 but i used to suffer from a glitch in which I lost saved games from HoMM2 all of the time. After a while I got frustrated and started playing starcraft. Have there been many reoccourances of these problems with any of the HoMM3, HoMM4, or HoMM5, so I k...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 23:58
Topic: losing might and magic savegames
Replies: 13
Views: 5070

A "true" MM fan does not hate any of the games. (By definition is a contradiction in terms.) However I am curious as to what "research" you had done that made you hate it even more.
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 17:14
Topic: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?
Views: 20972

Thank you Pheonix for answering my inquiry. I'll try your suggestion next week when I have the chance. You have more than answered this question for me and I thank you for your input.
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 17:11
Topic: MM7 Mok patch - massive weapon bug discovered
Replies: 9
Views: 12571

I do not know if I have beaten the game as many times as you have but at the beginning of the game and throughout I personally want as many spellcasters as possible. The only excuse to waste a character slot with someone other than a sorcerer, cleric, or druid, is to fill a skill needed by the party...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 16:50

My results

My character has expert (4 ranks) in preception when I was testing the perception skill. I was testing the skill with one of the two chests in the MM7, retrieve my signant-ring from the rogues' hidout quest. All I know is after the 4 times I tested this, the character with the preception skill was n...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 15:38
Topic: MM7: most useful Misc. Skill
Replies: 28
Views: 13804

Sorry the only time I have to even go to this forum is on my breaks at work. At home I never get the computer away from my wife or daughters. So I had 15-minutes to write down what I was curious about. I would edit and correct the poll to add armaster, stealing, alchemy, and repair item, if there wa...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Oct 2007, 15:31

feedback

OK perception does turn some areas red in MM7 but it does not in MM6. It would be a much more usefull skill in MM6 if it did. Also I did not notice any damage reduction from traps when I was actually testing this last night?
by CoffeeGnome
25 Oct 2007, 23:22
Topic: MM7 Mok patch - massive weapon bug discovered
Views: 12571

Monk yea!

Don't forget the monk can (in addition to using his combination unarmed & staff fighting style) diarm traps, cast magic, and at higher levels cast hamerhands upon himself to gian an additional bonus. Additionally the monk can achieve grand master in both body building and learning above that of ...
by CoffeeGnome
25 Oct 2007, 18:09

MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?

Hello folks, Question: How does perception help at all? I know of the one area in MM6 (sewers under Free Haven) where a perception score of rank 3 or better will better help you find the key to the treasure room in the grate, but other than this does this skill actually help you anwhere else in eith...
by CoffeeGnome
25 Oct 2007, 15:58
Topic: MM7: most useful Misc. Skill
Views: 13804

I'm sorry repair must not have taken. I put it as the last on the list (unlike alchemy which I actually forgot,) However it must not have added. Still you have to admit that alchemy and its "harden item" potions eliminates much of the need for the repair item skill.
by CoffeeGnome
25 Oct 2007, 15:53
Topic: Favorite Weapon Skill
Views: 9904

I see we seem to have a lot of dwarf and minotaur fans. To tell you the truth I have only once been a hunter in MM7 because axe and identify monster are the only two skills that they can achieve grand master in. Maybie I should give it a try one more time to see how effective axe truly is?
by CoffeeGnome
24 Oct 2007, 23:23
Topic: Not able to move data.
Views: 5117

I only had trouble after upgrading to windows vista.

Go to advanced search