Search found 132 matches

by CoffeeGnome
04 Dec 2007, 23:00
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Favourite/Least favourite dungeon?
Replies: 83
Views: 27815

Desperate attempt to get back on subject!

This is a desperate attempt to get back on subject of this forum! MM6 Favotite Dungeon: Temple of Varn, Dragonsand Least Favorite: Silver Blades Secret Base, Mist Islands MM7 Favorite Dungeon: Tombs of the Burrow Downs, Burrow Downs Least Favorite Dungeon: Clankster's Lab, Elven Forest MM8 Favorite ...
by CoffeeGnome
03 Dec 2007, 23:51

HodgePodge wrote:
Bandobras Took wrote:… I could go on, but in all cases where Invisbility is available, the Invisible party has the easier time of it.
Please don't.
OK I think we have been off the subject of this forum question long enough.
by CoffeeGnome
03 Dec 2007, 19:47

Invisibility vs. hack and slash

First of all I am not taking either side because both sides have their strengths and weaknesses to these arguments over style of play. But my point is that yes learning how to use Invisibility is a skill all in its own for the player to learn and this is why I am thankfull that MM7 & MM8 are not...
by CoffeeGnome
29 Nov 2007, 22:52
Topic: Hidden Treasure
Replies: 32
Views: 50590

accabear wrote:For MM6 there is the Shrine of the Gods that just about everyone should know about ...
Where? I found the scroll of fly but not the shrine.
by CoffeeGnome
27 Nov 2007, 21:11
Topic: Hidden Treasure
Replies: 32
Views: 50590

Hidden Treasure

This forum is intended to collect hints on various places where the games hide treasure. This subject could mean anything from treasure chests that do not look like chests, hidden obolisk treasures, objects that contain coins, etc. The majority of these items I have found are in MM6 but there are so...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Nov 2007, 19:47
Topic: Strange building in MM7 loading screen
Replies: 11
Views: 4328

Well the building on the right is in Mount Nighton and the one on ther left is in Celeste (Might and Magic Heaven,) so would it not be logical to have the gateway in the middle be the gateway to heaven? It looks like a gate to me and when you get to Celeste, there is a tunnel at first (suggesting th...
by CoffeeGnome
26 Nov 2007, 16:35
Topic: Might and Magic X proposal from a diffrent point of View
Replies: 66
Views: 43844

For more interaction with the class and race combinations in MM6 through MM9 your class was the sole determining factor in your starting skills menu (including mandatory skills) and the skills attainable throughout the game. For MM10 there could be more player interaction in which both the class and...
by CoffeeGnome
21 Nov 2007, 17:49

Not to mention that hideously huge coffin you have to make room for in your inventory.
Yea, try making room for this thing in single-character mode. Forget about getting any bounty for whatever naga hides you may also attain.
by CoffeeGnome
21 Nov 2007, 00:19
Topic: Favorite Race
Replies: 25
Views: 8175

I know they only got 1 vote so far but for those of you out there who voted for the lichs, the half-orcs in MM9 made the best-looking liches once you were done with their quest. I know the others in MM7 & MM8 came with a paper-doll version that you could look at but the head-portrait for the lic...
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 22:23

But all of the memory crystal quests are linked to insanly difficult dungeons. Focusing on Castle Darkmoor misses the fact that all of the memory crystal quests have parts that are just as over-the-top difficult.
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 21:41
Topic: Favorite Weapon Skill
Replies: 28
Views: 9872

I had to go with bow. Considering all skills at GM level, there is nothing funner than watching a rain of 5000000 arrows/second from a Swift Bow. That is why the English switched from the "composite longbow" to the "pluck longbow" during the 100-year war. Shooting faster can qui...
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 21:07

While we're at it, why not give the Minotaur class access to basic Light Magic? The idea of a minotaur casting Destroy Undead doesn't sound so far fetched to me... I have not actually thought objectively about it. And now that it is mentioned, why not allow them to have GM level access to mind-magi...
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 19:49

I like the suggestions of UndeadHalfOrc, all except the trolls being able to become experts in bow. The expert rank reduces recovery time and I just do not see trolls as "rapid-shots." Other than this I think these are good ideas. In following asterix15 's suggestions, what rank in dark do...
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 18:53

Pol wrote:Fairy's wand? :D
They have Fairy's wands, they are just not used as meele weapons. I don't think they would get a vote if they were.
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 18:08

Yes Si-Fi has always been an important element in the MM series but apparently not enough to actually earn even one vote yet. Although I sigh as someone may just vote for it just to make me look foolish. :ill:
by CoffeeGnome
20 Nov 2007, 16:12

asterix15 wrote:However im not sure if blasters belong in Might and Magic :|
I'm not the one who put them into the game but they can be found in both MM6 & MM7. You are also required to spend quite a few skill points in them to get them to any ranking that can be helpfull in any way.
by CoffeeGnome
19 Nov 2007, 20:50
Topic: MMVII Bounty Hunting
Replies: 9
Views: 6104

Good to hear that it works for bounty hunting purposes. Bounty hunting is one of my favorite quests from MM7 & MM8. Yea, Deja seems to have 2 chests hidden in 3 of the four corners of this realm but I have not found anything in the 4th corner other than the alter. I wonder if they did not put in...
by CoffeeGnome
19 Nov 2007, 16:21
Topic: MMVII Bounty Hunting
Replies: 9
Views: 6104

Did it work? If Wromthrax has a different game tag in the engine that a typical blue dragon this bounty would have failed to recognize that you had accomplished the task. PS: if you want to try and discover new things, try these; * In the Deja desert (MM7) if you work your way up the west end of the...
by CoffeeGnome
17 Nov 2007, 07:10
Topic: Favorite Character
Replies: 14
Views: 4510

Paladins cannot have disarm traps in MM7, nor can they cast elemental spells at all. The only characters in the party that could were the knights but they could not even gain an expert skill level (rank only.)
by CoffeeGnome
17 Nov 2007, 00:57
Topic: Favorite Character
Replies: 14
Views: 4510

Favorite Character

Hello, This is a poll to see what are peoples favorite characters to play from MM6 through MM7. My favorite is the troll but this site will not allow me to make a poll large enough to include MM8 options (thanks for telling me after I had already tried to submit this.) Of the MM7 characters my favor...

Go to advanced search