Search found 132 matches

by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 19:53
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7 - Navan Castle Treasury
Replies: 10
Views: 13460

good vs evil

despite the trouble finding the stairs in the castle, the evil knight's quest is still volumes easier than the good knight's quest.
by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 19:48
Topic: losing might and magic savegames
Replies: 13
Views: 5024

Everyone has a glitch every now and then

Everyone has had to deal with a lost savegame every now and then. By the time it happens however I have always already had an idea for a new party or game I wanted to play anyway.
;)
PS: Everybody stop trashing MM9, I actually like it despite its problems.
by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 18:44
Topic: MMIX: kill the frost giant but fail the quest
Replies: 7
Views: 3051

Not fair

That is not a fair statement, all RPG's are better when you are drunk. (Improves the graphics :D )
by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 15:51
Topic: MM7 - Two Handed swords: useless ?
Replies: 15
Views: 9503

Yes, they are useless

Natural sword progression suggests that using two one-handed swords is the way to go. Even before you reach this point using sword and shield is a better combination than any two-handed blade.
by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 15:42
Topic: MMIX: kill the frost giant but fail the quest
Replies: 7
Views: 3051

MMIX: kill the frost giant but fail the quest

In MMIX I thought that I would experiment and actually kill the frost giant in close-combat, but now I have found myself in a situation where I cannot complete the quest. Apparently the game only acknowledges that you have defeated him if you let him fall through the floor in the great hall (the eas...
by CoffeeGnome
23 Oct 2007, 15:35
Topic: MM7: What if classes were restricted by race?
Replies: 13
Views: 6041

Dwarf Monk

I've made dwarven monks on more than one occasion because of their high endurance. You can gain enough barrells during the game to make up for their lack of dexterity or speed very easily. I made an elf pasladin once also but at this time I cannot remember exactly why. (Possibly because I like how t...
by CoffeeGnome
11 Oct 2007, 23:40
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 20950

I have to admit that MMVI and MMVII are the best of the might and magic litter, but I am afraid I am in the minority when I say I actually liked MMIX. The new magic system felt to me like a major turn in the right direction.

I hated MMVIII and feel that this was a major turn in the wrong direction.
by CoffeeGnome
11 Oct 2007, 23:32
Topic: MMIX Oddity Question
Replies: 5
Views: 2759

Basalisks

Those basalisks are just there to add a visual effect but there is a bonus. If you stand far enough away and use either poison or elemental blast spell upon them before you get too close, you can slay them and actually collect experience and treasure from them as if they were an actual basalisk. The...
by CoffeeGnome
03 Oct 2007, 08:19
Topic: Vision of MM X
Replies: 4
Views: 2586

party formation rules.

Parties that do not permit certain others from entering. Like you would not be allowed to haveboth a paladin and a vampire in the same party as the two would not get along. Intelligent party formation would be a very good idea and realistic option for MMX. 8| Also a system with both race-variable an...
by CoffeeGnome
03 Oct 2007, 08:11
Topic: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions
Replies: 76
Views: 51624

New Classes

When it comes to ideas I would like to see in MMX, I think I would be interesting if they had both race-variable and race-dependant classes. For example knight characters can be human,elven, dwarven, ext., buta class like a mummy could only be undead. I think access to classes such as a seraphim, a ...
by CoffeeGnome
03 Oct 2007, 07:56
Topic: MM7: Knight vs Monk
Replies: 23
Views: 28936

Monk, Definately

Sure the knight is physically stronger at first but the monk is more usefull from the beginning till the end. Unlike the knight the monk has access to one of the most usefull skills in the whole game (disarm trap.) The monk can even reach master in this skill if they turn evil. knight is limited in ...
by CoffeeGnome
02 Oct 2007, 18:24
Topic: MMIX loading problem
Replies: 2
Views: 1909

Loading Cure

I have experienced the loading glitch while playing with Windows Vista too. First do not run the program as an administrator. Then after the loading screen has locked, hit alt+tab to go to the windows desktop and then alt+tab to return to the game. The screen will resume the game after the screen re...

Go to advanced search