Search found 118 matches

by motter28218
Dec 18 2008, 18:35
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Maestro's MM6 MOD
Replies: 57
Views: 17450

Motter's MOD... I don't think I've heard of it before. It's true, I am doing a mod, I started it a year ago, in all honesty I would be done by now but some real world commitments came up. For one about this time last year I was offered a chance to be in a full-contact MMA fight, something that's be...
by motter28218
Dec 13 2008, 1:15
Topic: ALL MODDERS READ!!Major untapped modding potental for MM9
Replies: 22
Views: 8059

Hey quickshot, welcome, just wondering can any of this be used to mod 6-8 or is just 9? Thanks for the info at any rate.
by motter28218
Dec 12 2008, 22:53
Topic: Any modder's here figure out how to change hostiles in MM6?
Replies: 6
Views: 1407

How is your MM6 MOD works going on? Is the finish near? Maybe some screens? :) Hey Vladimir, didn't mean to take so long getting back to you, honestly my mod is "done" as far as what I could legally make available to the forum, however my full mod requires .exe editing which I understand ...
by motter28218
Dec 7 2008, 2:18

Matt, I'm not sure that you can 'change alignments' globally in MM6, and, unfortunately, the Spawn Definition is only 14-bytes in length, so you cannot control Creature Aligments by assigning a unique Group Number. However, non-spawned creatures (in .dlv and .ddm databases) can be somewhat controll...
by motter28218
Dec 6 2008, 23:33

Any modder's here figure out how to change hostiles in MM6?

BDJ I'm looking your way mostly ha ha. But I know you've just been through alot so don't sweat it, but if anyone know's how could you let me know, I have "dissected" MM6 every which way with the Lvleditor, hex, and I can't find out how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Otter
by motter28218
Dec 6 2008, 23:30
Topic: Hmm dragon qeastion
Replies: 13
Views: 2505

Well, to me it's a simple yes only because player's have the choice to use them or not, if you feel Dragon's are "cheating", just don't use them, it's not like it's forced on you or anything.
by motter28218
Dec 2 2008, 18:56
Topic: Difficulty Levels from Easy to Hard
Views: 2268

If you get the MM8lvl editor you can modify the strength of monsters as well as how many of them show up on the map, or even if they show up at all. Using that editor takes a little bit of practice, I would say download one of the save game editors which all have a real simple GUI interface and allo...
by motter28218
Nov 20 2008, 19:17
Topic: Saying Hello + Some questions and Announcement of a new mod.
Replies: 20
Views: 3314

I'm still gonna finish my mod, I've just been lazy, that and I've been modding other games like Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires, I could have had my mod done awhile ago just got sidetracked, I just seem to go in phases like that, I do apologize for announcing it tho, it was unfair ...
by motter28218
Oct 30 2008, 20:38
Topic: MM map-exporting
Replies: 12
Views: 1665

Very nice. Can I ask where you learned how to create graphics? Do you do this as your job or did you teach yourself??
by motter28218
Oct 29 2008, 1:48
Topic: [NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod
Replies: 172
Views: 66222

Why don't you guys get off his back. Geez, the guy's creating some amazing graphic's for this game, alot of hard work, and all you can do is complain. I have a newsflash for ya, yes, men like pretty women, and I have another news flash for ya there's nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's normal. As...
by motter28218
Sep 30 2008, 23:03
Topic: Might and Magic 6-8 resource editors
Replies: 10
Views: 4680

Re: Might and Magic 6-8 resource editors

Well, as you remember I'm working on Maestro MOD to MM7. I can't open files like Magic7.vid, d3dbitmap.hwl, d3dsprite.hwl Maybe you know programs that allow me to import\export files from\to this files? If I had editor for hwl format - there will be a chance to replace monsters easier. In order to ...
by motter28218
Sep 30 2008, 19:06
Topic: To Grayface
Replies: 0
Views: 767

To Grayface

Hey there, I was just wondering if you've been able to figure out how to mod the .exe files. I know you suggested we exchange E-mail's so mine is below. Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile but I was on vacation plus working alot. If you need any other info from me feel free to ask. Otter motter2...
by motter28218
Sep 30 2008, 18:45
Topic: To Vladimir, Sendoh, and zipi
Replies: 15
Views: 3637

This gueide will be very usefull. Is it posible to transform MM8 into a single-charecter game? Is it posible to change skills of all classes? Can it be done - clerics lear and advance in dark magic, sword? All other 4 empty slots can be hired but 4 party members cannot attack or been attacked, just...
by motter28218
Sep 30 2008, 18:35
Topic: Project blacksmith
Views: 3659

i still damn would like to know how to set the dropped item levels in dungeons :( What exactly do you mean by that Sendoh? Do you mean placing a relic/artifact on a particular monster or in a chest or somewhere on the ground? You can do this with hex editing. I myself do not know how to do this eit...
by motter28218
Sep 30 2008, 14:14
Topic: Project blacksmith
Views: 3659

Sendoh wrote:i still damn would like to know how to set the dropped item levels in dungeons :(

What exactly do you mean by that Sendoh? Do you mean placing a relic/artifact on a particular monster or in a chest or somewhere on the ground? You can do this with hex editing.
by motter28218
Sep 3 2008, 16:51

mine: 1) yes, but motter28218 mods MM6 2) deep modding (would also love to play and develop a completely new game with more RTS feeling, but it would take much time. Also, currently there aren't many creature models out there. When some new towns for WoG are out we may have many models, but the MM1...
by motter28218
Aug 6 2008, 5:22
Topic: mm7 hostilities [modding]
Replies: 7
Views: 2150

0 means 'not hostile' for sure. Maybe the numbers metter when there are multiple enemies for a monster. He would fight with ones that he hates most, that is, the value for which is bigger. Just a guess. Looks like the column stands for the monster taking decision and the row is a monster he's about...
by motter28218
Jul 29 2008, 15:50

Hey guys, great to hear you're all on board, so I guess we have to come up with a plan on how we want to do this. My goal is to come up with a method of modding MM6-8, I choose those 3 because they are the most similar and once you figure out one of them it only takes a little adaptation to get the ...
by motter28218
Jul 29 2008, 15:21
Topic: event language compiler/decompiler
Replies: 34
Views: 8775

Yes but will this also resolve the issue of of having conflicting arrays?? I don't quite get what you mean by conflicting arrays. It would extend the files table, move files to free space for it if needed and all files would be in the correct order if that is what you mean. Whenever I add new sprit...
by motter28218
Jul 29 2008, 15:15
Topic: Musing/Rant on the future
Views: 2847

Re: Musing/Rant on the future

Warning: Rant ahead. Does the might and magic community make fan projects because Ubisoft will never bring the franchise back to its former glory? Are we a stagnating fan base? Must we be constantly dissapointed by whatever fan projects look promising, yet never finished? (coughMMTcough) Sure, BDJ'...

Go to advanced search