Search found 1369 matches

by Corlagon
Oct 17 2011, 12:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)
Replies: 39
Views: 25514

They're all references to William Blake's work, three of them derived from The Tyger. EvilP has already done an audit of the maps' titles' references (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS). ;)
by Corlagon
Oct 16 2011, 17:41

Well ok, fair point, but I'm discussing the maps' gameplay, not dream/memory sequences. :P
by Corlagon
Oct 16 2011, 17:17

Avonu wrote:There isn't any chronological order

There is, but some missions do indeed occur simultaneously.
by Corlagon
Oct 16 2011, 16:55

OK, so here is the correct chronological playing order: - Heart of Nightmares (Collectors' edition map) - Prologue 1 - Prologue 2 - Stronghold 1 - Sanctuary 1 - Haven 1 - Inferno 1 - Necropolis 1 - Stronghold 2 - Sanctuary 2 - Haven 2 - Necropolis 2 - Sanctuary 3 - Stronghold 3 - Inferno 2 - Necropo...
by Corlagon
Oct 16 2011, 13:58

I'm trying to get an official word on the chronology of the missions. I'll post it here if I can.
by Corlagon
Oct 8 2011, 14:49
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic X: Project Update (October 2011)
Replies: 19
Views: 4894

Keep it going guys, happy to see you are doing well ;) As for Unity 3D, I've heard it is somewhat rigid and limited, but very approachable. All that matters engine-wise is that your platform can duplicate the style of MM, which I hope is the case with this one.
by Corlagon
Oct 4 2011, 17:33
Topic: Is Heroes V really so bad? A more detailed examination
Replies: 15
Views: 7162

I mean the PC version of course.
by Corlagon
Oct 4 2011, 17:00
Topic: Is Heroes V really so bad? A more detailed examination
Replies: 15
Views: 7162

I was not impressed by Markal’s story, and probably no one was. But there were no jarring potholes in the form of plot holes To the contrary, I could create a mile-long list of the jarring plotholes it contained. I'd say it introduced by far the biggest plothole in Might and Magic's history: Isabel...
by Corlagon
Sep 26 2011, 21:01
Topic: Hero Progression, Storytelling and Dirty Dancing.
Replies: 8
Views: 4146

I'm loath to point out there's a trope for this, too.
by Corlagon
Sep 26 2011, 19:28

Aren't the Anal Sweat anagrams this time more insulting to actual people? H5 was only lame. It's deliberate, but I don't know who it's insulting. A big deal has been made about it, but then again other tweaked monikers such as Fafner and Sephinroth floated by unnoticed in 1999, and I didn't take of...
by Corlagon
Sep 26 2011, 17:43

Well there's an interesting topic. As a professional writer apparently, you're expected to already realise that what you regard as the essential mould for a compelling plot is no new insight, and has been analysed to death for over fifty years; it's not commonly known as Zero to Hero, it's named the...
by Corlagon
Sep 21 2011, 21:13
Topic: Might & Magic X: Character Races?
Replies: 72
Views: 17744

Jesus GreatEmerald, have mercy. You've contracted Slayer of Cliffracers' syndrome. :P
by Corlagon
Sep 21 2011, 17:24

Yes, I can't agree with you Torur, it's pretty inarguable that Dwarves are the most unnecessary race there is, because the bad smell of cliché clings to them like superglue. It's extraordinarily rare that anyone does anything different with them beyond the vertically-challenged, tunnel-dwelling, bee...
by Corlagon
Sep 19 2011, 14:03

Ok, then I vote Genies.
by Corlagon
Sep 17 2011, 19:17
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 296
Views: 179834

Well, again, it's almost there... Ironically I am in the exact same situation as Marzhin was when I took over few years ago: I've been through a lot of things in Real Life™. Mainly good things, but that kept me very very busy. It's also far from over as even more stuff is awaiting for me. Although m...
by Corlagon
Sep 17 2011, 16:16

Would advise again to keep it practical and stick within reasonable means on this subject - don't try to include 20 races and rules for each because you will not get anywhere. When I was on the project, we had settled with Humans, Elves, Minotaurs and Genies at some point, and I thought that was fin...
by Corlagon
Sep 15 2011, 19:29
Topic: MM3- Isles of Terra modding progress
Replies: 29
Views: 14588

That's very interesting - I'm delighted you met success. Kudos to you for beating out WizardStan :D Even if you can't prevail in the repacking endeavours, I assure you that if you manage to get the game's files extracted and readable (especially texts!), they will be put to very good use on the wiki...
by Corlagon
Sep 14 2011, 7:54
Topic: MM3- Isles of Terra modding progress
Replies: 29
Views: 14588

Well I'd be the first to lavish praise on anybody who manages to decrypt MM3.CC. It's literally the only MM game whose text I haven't (fully) collected :) I unfortunately know next to nothing about actually doing so, but here are some resources and links to and from people who know what they're talk...
by Corlagon
Sep 5 2011, 14:25
Topic: The Inspiration for Michael
Replies: 30
Views: 6084

Agreed. I point again out, though, that an awful lot of new games were released in the span of about three years from 1999-2002 (H3 and expansions, H4, MM7-9, eight Chronicles, Sea of Mist, Legends, Dragonbone staff, the Ardon rubbish). We have the benefit of hindsight, but with like 20 new sources ...
by Corlagon
Sep 5 2011, 14:08
Topic: The Inspiration for Michael
Replies: 30
Views: 6084

The decision to get off of Enroth was made before Greg Fulton left IIRC (between H3/MM7 and Armageddon's Blade). I don't know if they wanted to blow it up before the Forge, but I do know there was debate as to how it should be done when that decision was taken (one suggestion was to retcon MM8 into ...

Go to advanced search