Search found 1369 matches

by Corlagon
16 Nov 2011, 23:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need help: Wikipedia article!
Replies: 21
Views: 16116

I agree entirely with your more comprehensive response to the bureaucracy and elitism problems, and am happy to concede to it. At least I do stress though that the rules on sourcing and verifiability have a purpose and a rationale, and don't serve only to malevolently fuel anybody's sense of self-im...
by Corlagon
16 Nov 2011, 18:20

I tend to notice that people who don't stick around at Wikipedia for very long sometimes get annoyed when they run into what is described as "the bureaucracy", such as an editor cutting detail as you mentioned, and take it personally. For example I know that CH tried to make an article on ...
by Corlagon
16 Nov 2011, 17:20

By God what a sordid mess of an article... this looks like quite the challenge. You'll probably have to give me a few days to kick this one into shape, I'm afraid.
by Corlagon
16 Nov 2011, 16:39

Sure thing, I'll take a look at it.
by Corlagon
13 Nov 2011, 18:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: homemade portraits for HoMM IV
Replies: 39
Views: 26719

Unfortunately, no, not really. I don't think there's any "bank" for H4 portraits, but no reason not to post yours here if you want to.
by Corlagon
07 Nov 2011, 14:17
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94932

Yazman wrote:This has got to be the most worthless, pointless post I've seen on these forums in a long time
Not half as worthless as a post that apparently can't manage to convey its message without chastising another poster as being hardware.
by Corlagon
06 Nov 2011, 13:47
Topic: Epilogue (spoilers)
Replies: 19
Views: 17743

Well, take it or leave it, but it is a different ending. Sufficiently different or not, that's entirely your call, but Michael lives in one and dies in the other.
by Corlagon
05 Nov 2011, 21:52
Topic: Epilogue (spoilers)
Replies: 19
Views: 17743

I know the game is filled with bugs, but it isn't quite that extreme. The ending you saw is correct and deliberate. It is even foreshadowed in an interlude:
This will take days, perhaps a week. I may have to give my life to do this. Do not let me be disturbed!
by Corlagon
01 Nov 2011, 17:44
Forum: News
Topic: The M&MX Fan Survey
Views: 13396

Um, but I'm not offended, just a bit surprised as I said. I'm not even one of the people working on the project any more so it really is nothing personal.
by Corlagon
01 Nov 2011, 16:21
Forum: News
Topic: The M&MX Fan Survey
Views: 13396

I am a bit surprised at the continued appeals to change the name. As far as copyright goes, when I was working on the project the attitude was, and quite rightly, "who cares". It was a bit of fun and a labour of love, but also fundamentally a Might and Magic project making use of the Might...
by Corlagon
26 Oct 2011, 13:14
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307239

At very long last it seems we are going to begin the final scripting shortly, so if you are interested in helping to balance- and bug-test the maps of Book III or IV, just shoot me a PM and I'll invite you to participate. Be warned that it will be a bit intensive and should take place over a period ...
by Corlagon
25 Oct 2011, 17:15
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Is this copyrighted anymore?
Replies: 7
Views: 3233

The answer is yes, they do.

Not that it's worth much, but would be interesting to find out if they hold the copyright to Shifters, which isn't strictly a Might and Magic title but does use the IP...
by Corlagon
23 Oct 2011, 13:11
Topic: The Sanctuary campaign loading screen
Replies: 12
Views: 7338

It's a Sacred Kirin, not the Dragon Eel.
by Corlagon
22 Oct 2011, 15:35
Topic: stronghold 2: where are the slave camps? (spoilers)
Replies: 4
Views: 3078

If I remember correctly, they're up in the northeast part of the map, around Ira's base, represented by neutral stacks guarding mines and things.
by Corlagon
20 Oct 2011, 22:53
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Wox2 - DEMO IS AVAILABLE ! (only RUS language)
Replies: 118
Views: 91351

Maybe I am alone, but I think it's excellent to see a project for the RPGs advancing very far into a playable state, whatever about the visuals (and even then, the portrait renders look magnificent to me). Character models can always be redone later, but they're rather worthless no matter the qualit...
by Corlagon
20 Oct 2011, 22:44
Topic: Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)
Views: 33410

Apologies to everyone; you are right. Haven 1 is before Inferno 1. I thought the funeral scene (and hence all earlier events) was a flashback based on a comment in the VIP forum about the Haven splash screen being at the beginning of the story, but it was my misunderstanding. The Uriel comment makes...
by Corlagon
19 Oct 2011, 22:03

Um, did you read my previous post? Just above there?
by Corlagon
19 Oct 2011, 17:49
Topic: One last wish, please hear me out
Replies: 17
Views: 8557

There's only one person "flamming" in this thread, I'd wager.
by Corlagon
19 Oct 2011, 12:03

The backstory cutscenes in Haven 1 are all flashbacks (the playable portion of the mission itself occurs after Anton swears genocide against the Faceless), so chronologically it takes place after Kiril has disappeared. That said, they are indeed independent and don't spoil each other, so the order i...
by Corlagon
18 Oct 2011, 23:47
Topic: Official HoMM VI Reviews.
Replies: 78
Views: 33157

HoMM generally is ignored by the English-speaking media. They have always been about ten days late with their Heroes reviews. Just a few more weeks to go...

Go to advanced search