Search found 1369 matches

by Corlagon
26 Jan 2012, 22:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Public Appeal to the great Heroes III and IV modmakers
Replies: 4
Views: 2715

- The Might and Magic X project team: general PR, continuity, recruitment and people power, contacts with New World Computing - The Eternal Essence team: AI, engine, technical work, quality control - The Horn of the Abyss team: 3D artwork, technical work, "quantity control" - {A currently-...
by Corlagon
22 Jan 2012, 23:59
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307193

Thank you very much, and I'm sorry to disappoint, but please don't... it wasn't a promise and I'm now left utterly reluctant to post another date or vague estimate, as it'll likely slip again and hammer everyone's expectations further. An absolute conflagration of exams, other projects and various i...
by Corlagon
20 Jan 2012, 16:00
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Facts from Dreamwright
Replies: 44
Views: 12326

Yeah, your lingering questions are mostly the same ones I have. My mindcanon has answers to all of them, although obviously that hardly matters. Then again, I ultimately like that it's so vague and open to retroactive adaptation. Don't forget that back when they were written, MM was just this little...
by Corlagon
12 Jan 2012, 18:25
Topic: Cox shuts down Personal Webspace
Replies: 4
Views: 3555

May I ask what was the old URL?
by Corlagon
12 Jan 2012, 15:47
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide
Replies: 9
Views: 10874

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dim

maltz wrote:Sorry, nope. I read that people could access such information, so there must be a way.
Yes, there is a way. Here are the instructions, but let me know if you need any help.
by Corlagon
04 Jan 2012, 03:44
Topic: HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 13
Views: 8264

Err, well, no, you misunderstand - that's "reader" as in "one who reads", or in this context, "someone who has read my AoH article". A pitiful attempt at humour on my part, in other words.
by Corlagon
03 Jan 2012, 16:40
Topic: HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 13
Views: 8264

Sweet, I have a reader. :P
by Corlagon
03 Jan 2012, 14:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26573

I'd say if you have to ask whether it's wise to buy it, then you already have your answer - at least for the moment.
by Corlagon
31 Dec 2011, 14:45

Oh no, I most certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's Axeoth. I spent a lot of time reading and re-reading the Geary Gravel novels for every detail - scrutinise the MM9 texts and you could quite easily find ways to make it work seamlessly, if you wanted to.
by Corlagon
20 Dec 2011, 21:48
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 141243

No, not really. I don't think you need to change anything.

I realise I still owe you those descriptions and maps. Sorry for the delay, it's mainly due to Christmas.
by Corlagon
20 Dec 2011, 16:11
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 on December 20th
Replies: 41
Views: 20733

Re: Patch 1.2 on December 20th

I'm playing it already and the chipmunks are still there... One of the earlier betas didn't have the chipmunks, but all of the units' sounds were annoyingly, even painfully, out-of-sync with animations. At high speeds you would get Juggernauts collapsing with loud squelching sounds following three ...
by Corlagon
20 Dec 2011, 16:04

Em, you would usually think so, but in one H3: The Shadow of Death mission (A Tough Start) you visit the exact same coastal region Tidewater was in - if the TELP map is accurate - and there's no sign nor mention of anything from MM7 at all. No Tidewater, no Erathians and no snow, just jungle and For...
by Corlagon
19 Dec 2011, 18:27

The Fortress unequivocally belongs to Tatalia, no question about it. In H3's those towns are almost exclusively found in territories west of Erathia. In the Heroes Chronicles you can see how it was originally named and founded (Tatalia is a swamp-folk word meaning "community" IIRC). In my ...
by Corlagon
19 Dec 2011, 17:55

I always thought that MM maps (and game cities) are more symbolic then real mapping. For example I think that "real" Steadwick is not just few huts besides city hall - they more represent district of the poor. Same for MM6 map - it represent Ironfists' Kingdom, where only the most importa...
by Corlagon
18 Dec 2011, 16:18

Not a Heroes 3 player, are you...
by Corlagon
17 Dec 2011, 15:04
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 307193

As a quick update, it looks like we're looking at Chinese New Year now :P But at least things are now moving swiftly, thanks to the absolutely invaluable help of Assryn and Darkjak from the French forums, and no longer at a complete standstill (cf. the past seven months...).
by Corlagon
16 Dec 2011, 14:58
Topic: Official Heroes 4 campaigns and the editor....
Replies: 9
Views: 12342

Yes, Resedit 2.
by Corlagon
13 Dec 2011, 20:40

That's correct, yes.
by Corlagon
13 Dec 2011, 20:26

What am I disregarding? aside from what I quoted at you two years ago, where two characters all but tell us outright that it is a misnomer since it's a VARN, there's no official word saying this or that about what it is. It could be VARN 1 or it could be VARN 96777. Jon only knows. :P
by Corlagon
13 Dec 2011, 20:03

EDIT: Actually, I remembered another possible problem... The MM2 manual et al. talk about "the land of CRON", not "the land of VARN1". Would it be possible that a CRON is both the encompassing carrier structure and VARN1 at the same time? What an overcomplication that would be. ...

Go to advanced search