Search found 403 matches

by vicheron
23 Feb 2012, 01:45
Forum: News
Topic: The Conflux: A Horror Story?
Replies: 12
Views: 7480

The Conflux: A Horror Story?

Good job killing a 25 year old franchise, Ubisoft.
by vicheron
25 Oct 2011, 15:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Will they get rid of uplay?
Replies: 10
Views: 5423

They did have better writing in Heroes 2-4, especially 4.
by vicheron
11 Oct 2011, 08:21
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12458

There would also obviously be creature abilities, hero skills, and spells that could affect facing. As for being able to determine facing, it would depend on the creature. For some creatures, it may require a movement point, for others, it may be free, and of course there would be creatures with the...
by vicheron
10 Oct 2011, 06:46
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12458

I think it would be interesting if they could introduce a retaliation system that's based on unit facing.

For example, if you attack a creature from the front, then the retaliation will be simultaneous. If you attack a creature from the back or the side, then retaliation occurs after the attack.
by vicheron
05 Oct 2011, 04:41
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 33248

They could make it so that a hero can have two modes, a combat mode and a command mode. In combat mode, the hero operates as an independent unit but only gives a fraction of the attack/defense/luck/morale bonus to the army. In command mode, the hero joins a stack of creatures and gives full attack/d...
by vicheron
04 Oct 2011, 08:00
Topic: An inauspicious parallel between Heroes VI and TA Kingdoms
Replies: 9
Views: 11702

Heroes 3 was basically told in documentary style. They basically told you what happened and didn't bother to create any kind of connection with the characters. The Heroes 3 expansions and Heroes 4 were better with a third person narrative where you get a much better feel of the character's personali...
by vicheron
28 Sep 2011, 09:28
Topic: Hero Progression, Storytelling and Dirty Dancing.
Replies: 8
Views: 5560

The campaign is written in such a way that it seems like there's a chapter or two that's missing. The whole thing starts with an Orc who had his village destroyed by Duke Pavel. He makes a deal with demons to get revenge on Pavel. Then the mission starts with you controlling Duke Slava. There's noth...
by vicheron
28 Sep 2011, 09:12
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 33248

They really need to think about more than just the battlefield when balancing the factions. From Heroes 1 to 3, the different factions were never balanced in terms of army strength. However, once you take into consideration things like castle building and creeping, the weaker factions often became a...
by vicheron
17 Sep 2011, 11:25
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95729

Although I agree with many of the points, some of the complaints are trivial. Fast ghouls and gray phoenixes are not a big deal. M&M rarely sticks to traditional fantasy. For example, Dark Elves aren't evil, they're basically just merchants and they're purple. "Monstrous" races like Go...
by vicheron
04 Sep 2011, 00:50
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Sawmill-Sandor
Replies: 6
Views: 2700

Sawmill-Sandor

I want a refund for that crappy new Conan movie.
by vicheron
28 Aug 2011, 20:17
Topic: MM8 Females
Replies: 8
Views: 3386

MM8 Females

Pick me!

Choose me!

How about me?

Take me with you.

I'm ready, choose me!

It's me you want, are you ready?
by vicheron
23 Aug 2011, 08:13
Topic: Clash of the Dragons
Replies: 17
Views: 8299

Clash of the Dragons

Oh, you crazy kids and your thoughts of incest. :devious:

You're just cynical because you've never experienced true love.
by vicheron
21 Aug 2011, 21:03
Topic: Clash of the Dragons
Replies: 17
Views: 8299

Clash of the Dragons

And that's how baby dragons are made.
by vicheron
21 Aug 2011, 20:34
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Replies: 27
Views: 17543

With only 3 levels of creatures, I'm not surprised that the best isn't (relatively) as strong in H6 (compared to the worst) as in earlier games. But they aren't as strong period because of the lack of the attack skill even though creatures still have defense. "Bring back the attack skill for c...
by vicheron
21 Aug 2011, 10:38
Topic: Heroes VI Demo Now Available
Replies: 78
Views: 30440

Heroes VI Demo Now Available

Damaging spells have been nerfed to hell. They were already weak in previous games since they don't scale very well but now they're useless. They don't do much damage, they cost a ton of mana, they have a stupid cool down, and heroes need to spend skill points on them.
by vicheron
20 Aug 2011, 22:39

Panda Tar wrote:What would you suggest to fix?
Reduce healing and increase creature damage. Bring back the attack skill for creatures. And increase the damage of offensive spells.
by vicheron
20 Aug 2011, 17:57

Heroes 6 seems to be slower paced than previous games. Creatures have a lot more hit points and they no longer have the attack skill so they do a lot less damage. For example, in previous Heroes games, a level 7 creature can kill 10 to 20 level 1 creatures in one hit. Even the weakest level 7 creat...
by vicheron
20 Aug 2011, 12:09

Cooldown for spells is just so pointless considering how much mana spells cost. The whole point of a cooldown is to prevent spamming. There's no reason to have a cooldown if you only have enough mana to cast the spell 3 or 4 times anyway. Also, they've made creatures way too tough, especially since ...
by vicheron
20 Aug 2011, 11:36

Heroes 6 seems to be slower paced than previous games. Creatures have a lot more hit points and they no longer have the attack skill so they do a lot less damage. For example, in previous Heroes games, a level 7 creature can kill 10 to 20 level 1 creatures in one hit. Even the weakest level 7 creatu...
by vicheron
20 Aug 2011, 05:11

The game seems kind of poorly optimized. I have an i7 920 and a GTX 470, and I still get occasional slow downs. Sometimes map objects take a few seconds to appear on the screen after loading a game. There's also a bug where the camera gets locked.

Go to advanced search