Search found 403 matches

by vicheron
30 Aug 2014, 07:06
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: HoMM7 Keyart
Replies: 27
Views: 12042

HoMM7 Keyart

But it's stupid to turn video games into movies. They're completely different forms of entertainment. Rather than trying to be something it's not, they should be taking advantage of the medium. And it's not like good movies are easy to make, most movies are bad. By trying to make the game like a mov...
by vicheron
29 Aug 2014, 20:45
Forum: News
Topic: Hereos VII : Tales of The Ten Years War, PART 1
Replies: 6
Views: 4346

Hereos VII : Tales of The Ten Years War, PART 1

So are they trying to be tongue-in-cheek or are we supposed to take this seriously? The casual way things are described and the way they address the reader makes it seem like they're trying to bring some of the humor that was in the old M&M games back. However, they've been keeping a pretty seri...
by vicheron
29 Aug 2014, 20:38

HoMM7 Keyart

It's true that past Heroes posters were pretty generic too but they didn't spend a lot of effort on them. Ubisoft has clearly hired some talented artists to work on their art. This poster is really detailed and it looks like a lot of time was spent on it. The fact that it's so generic makes it such ...
by vicheron
29 Aug 2014, 03:38

HoMM7 Keyart

Did they have a contest for the most generic fantasy art poster?
by vicheron
14 Aug 2014, 04:22
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 28538

Heroes VII Announced

By these dildos, our alliance is forged.
by vicheron
10 Aug 2014, 06:35
Topic: The Background Image
Replies: 4
Views: 2385

The Background Image

Ya know nothin', Ubisoft.
by vicheron
07 Aug 2014, 21:39
Topic: GamesCom: Upcoming News
Replies: 35
Views: 18378

GamesCom: Upcoming News

Darn, I was still hoping that they'd drop the stupid Asha world/story. It's just way too poorly developed to be salvaged.
by vicheron
20 Jul 2014, 22:38
Topic: What Comes Next?
Replies: 62
Views: 26040

What Comes Next?

I don't think Ubisoft really cares about the franchise. It's not a huge AAA series that sells millions of copies. It's a pretty niche game with a small but dedicated fanbase. They've tried to make it bigger but they've failed. So they'll probably do something really small. They might remaster some o...
by vicheron
20 Aug 2013, 00:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Login Error
Replies: 2
Views: 4469

I'm having the same problems.
by vicheron
25 Mar 2013, 01:19
Topic: Might and Magic X News Roundup
Replies: 15
Views: 9721

Might and Magic X News Roundup

But there doesn't seem to be much news or footage from PAX.
by vicheron
24 Mar 2013, 02:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Your Favourite M&M
Replies: 106
Views: 52259

Even though M&M 6 and 7 were better games, there's something about M&M 8 that made it so much more addictive for me. Sure, it was easier to break the game but it wasn't a huge problem and it was fun to do that sometimes. I also liked the fact that the earliest parts of M&M8 wasn't as ted...
by vicheron
23 Feb 2013, 21:27
Topic: Heroes Online Preview
Replies: 5
Views: 3009

Heroes Online Preview

I don't understand why they haven't ported the older Heroes games to other platforms like smart phones, tablets, and handheld consoles.
by vicheron
13 Dec 2012, 12:20
Topic: H6 Expansion Release Date: Feb. 28
Replies: 18
Views: 11762

H6 Expansion Release Date: Feb. 28

@Marzhin

How does the fact that the title references a poem make it good? "Farewell" is a poem about how short our lives are and how we should enjoy the beauty of the world in that short time. Somehow, I doubt that's going to be a main theme in this expansion.
by vicheron
26 Jun 2012, 10:49
Topic: Heroes III Campaigns PDF
Replies: 7
Views: 5511

Heroes III Campaigns PDF

Despite the fact that the stories were a bit simplistic, I had forgotten how well written they were, especially the expansion.
by vicheron
06 May 2012, 23:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Ubisoft Q&A
Replies: 19
Views: 10457

Ubisoft Q&A

How does it feel to have your soul slowly crushed by Ubisoft as you're forced to spin the disastrous management of this game into some kind of success? Does it hurt?
by vicheron
21 Apr 2012, 09:50
Topic: Patch 1.3 Launches, Black Hole Replaced
Replies: 50
Views: 21417

Patch 1.3 Launches, Black Hole Replaced

>There were extensive debates in the Obsidian Entertainment forums on many aspects of the plot with active participation from developers... so it's not like I played the game for 1 hour and made the verdict. Here's a good read from Wookiepedia, which is about as "canon" as it can get for S...
by vicheron
19 Apr 2012, 22:54

>Her story is very simple. She lost faith in the "light side" because Revan fell. Then she lost her faith in the "dark side" after she got overthrown. At the time of KOTOR 2's beginning, she felt neither side is stronger and that she wanted to destroy the force because she was si...
by vicheron
19 Apr 2012, 06:03

>Which basically means the story sucked at the moment it's supposed to explain everything and tie up the loose ends. You know... that spell Kreia used to kill all those Jedi was cool, but then it made me wonder why she didn't use it on her fellow Sith Lords in the first place. Also... everyone in th...
by vicheron
02 Apr 2012, 23:08
Topic: The Forge Returns
Views: 9841

The Forge Returns

@Pitsu My point was that the other creatures are based on concept art of creatures that are in Heroes 6. The Goblin with the gun is based on the Goblin concept art. The Naga tank is based on the Naga concept art. The zombie with a flamethrower is based on the Crossbowman concept art. The Minotaur wi...
by vicheron
01 Apr 2012, 22:54
Topic: The Forge Returns
Views: 9841

The Forge Returns

Everything is based on existing concept art except for the Minotaur. Either the minotaur is based on concept art of a creature that has been cut or they're working on an expansion/DLC faction with the minotaur.
Edited on Sun, Apr 01 2012, 18:54 by vicheron

Go to advanced search