Search found 36 matches

by MaxKnight
17 Nov 2007, 18:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic VI trial speed run complete
Replies: 12
Views: 4241

It is a movie. I downloaded the .rar, expecting a much higher quality recording, but I was a little disappointed as it was the same quality as one can find on YouTube.

Very fast playthrough, though.
by MaxKnight
14 Nov 2007, 16:53
Topic: MM6: Null items in strange places
Replies: 4
Views: 2818

1.0? I'm using Millenium Edition, which means 1.2. That also meant that when I went to do the Shadow Guild I had to get Mok's Patch. I was doing pretty well wiithout it, though...
by MaxKnight
13 Nov 2007, 08:51
Topic: MM6: Null items in strange places
Replies: 4
Views: 2818

MM6: Null items in strange places

I've been playing a lot of Might and Magic VI in the last week, and I've stumbled upon a very strange thing in a couple of places: it's an item that when I put my pointer over it, it says Get (null). I took screen captures of the two times it happened. This first time was in the tomb of Ethric the M...
by MaxKnight
10 Nov 2007, 03:07
Topic: So....I just bought M&M Platinum Edition...
Replies: 19
Views: 5188

It should look perfectly fine in 16-bit color. And I think I just told you how to get it to run in a window? If this isn't what you mean, then please elaborate, and we'll see what we can do about this.
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 23:44

With stats like thise, you should have no problems. Are you running Windows 98, 2000, or XP? (I'm guessing XP, as you mentioned a compatability tool). I think the game naturally runs at either 800x600 or 1024x768, either of which should be perfectly fine... I assume you have used all of the patches ...
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 22:57

How large is your monitor in inches, and what resolution are you running at normally? Also, what video card and driver version are you using?
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 20:42

Before anybody can help you, you need to:

1) Tell us what the screen size problem is.

and

2) Tell us exactly what ACT is (I've never heard of this acronym before).
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 17:57

Nope. I never touched the compatability modes for any of 'em. Just got them installed, put the play disc in, and played 'em. I don't know what else to say about it.
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 17:29

Absolutely no problems with Vista. I'm even using a Wide Screen and playing these games fullscreen, which causes them to stretch a little, even for the movies! I can't explain why it would work for me and not for you. I'm using an HP Pavilion dv9410. Specs are the following: AMD Turion 64 X2 1.8GHz ...
by MaxKnight
09 Nov 2007, 03:07

I can't say I understand why it is people are having such problems with these games on XP. I installed and can play every one of them on my Vista box without any special patches. And Vista complains about everything more than XP does! Now I'm playing the Millennium Edition of 4-7, and a standalone o...
by MaxKnight
22 Aug 2007, 18:08
Topic: MM7: Character Development
Replies: 20
Views: 10115

While yes, I have made up my mind on what skills each character will develop, my problem is that I develop them haphazardly. There is no reason or rhyme to it. I wanted guidence on when I should develop them, in what order should I focus, realizing the I have a general idea of where I'm goingto end ...
by MaxKnight
22 Aug 2007, 17:24

I use Druids for one real purpose only: Black Potions. They can also split the Magics between each other pretty well, taking on a little Elemental and Self responsibility. I chose Spirit of Body early, because Expert level Bless affects the entire party, saving myself 6SP that I can use for healing ...
by MaxKnight
22 Aug 2007, 04:44

I suppose I shall supply my list. Perhaps someone would be willing to give me some pointers after this? Path of Light Party: Party members level is 11. Currently in Tularean Forest, completed the Signet Ring and Faerie Mound Quests, as well as the Quill for Norbert Thrush Quest. Story-wise, I've cle...
by MaxKnight
21 Aug 2007, 01:12

I somehow get the feeling you have me confused with somebody, HodgePodge. I have Elemental Magic all over the place (from the Sorcerer and Druid in the PoL party, and from the Druid in the PoD party). I also have no Knights anywhere in either party! Also, I haven't said how many points I am or not p...
by MaxKnight
20 Aug 2007, 16:12

MM7: Character Development

So, I got back into playing Might and Magic 7 last week, and have found myself playing two different parties at the same time; Druid-Thief-Cleric-Sorcerer for a Path of Light playthrough, and Druid-Ranger-Monk-Cleric for a Path of Dark playthrough. What I'd like, though, are suggestions on how to de...
by MaxKnight
20 Aug 2007, 13:05
Topic: How did you get hooked on M and M?
Replies: 32
Views: 11532

The one I started with was the Sega Genesis port of Might and Magic II. I found the game years ago, in a used games bin in a Babbages (back when they actually had physical stores). The game came with no manual, so I was pretty lost as to what to do, but the previous owner had created a bunch of char...

Go to advanced search