Search found 215 matches

by JSE
23 May 2005, 22:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fabrice Q&A (E3)
Replies: 37
Views: 17289

"MN: Can Heroes V be a TRUE M&M game if the original background story is discontinued? (JSE) FC: We'll be discussing that later in the development." --------------- So, they will be discussing in a later state of development if the game can be a M&M game at all?!?! Well, I take Fab...
by JSE
23 May 2005, 17:37
Forum: News
Topic: Ten Gameplay Screenshots
Replies: 23
Views: 10639

@ doma:

At least in these screenshots there is an interface... ;)
by JSE
23 May 2005, 17:34
Topic: Story Synopsis
Replies: 38
Views: 13912

I think Nival should decide for either of the following alternatives and stick to it: 1.) Continue the original universe and let familiar concepts and characters reappear (my favourite alternative). 2.) Create a completely new universe from scratch (with no elements from the previous games) and at t...
by JSE
23 May 2005, 15:27
Topic: Fabrice Bio
Replies: 11
Views: 5407

Godd tastes?!? Come on, he says he likes Starcraft and WoW... :D

At least he doesn't seem to be into sports and dull Hollywood flicks — that's two plus points. ;)
by JSE
22 May 2005, 20:54
Topic: Story Synopsis
Replies: 38
Views: 13912

It would be a cool thing of course if this Nicolai was Nicolai Ironfist from Enroth. Heroes V surely isn't set on Axeoth where Nicolai was seen last time (in MM9) as official announcment tells us of a completely new world, however, maybe it's still set in the same universe and maybe Nicolai managed ...
by JSE
21 May 2005, 11:42
Topic: David Mullich Preview
Replies: 28
Views: 12470

The general lack of interfaces David mentions is truly a reason for concern. In a strategy game, keeping track of things is definitely more important than marvelling at full-screen graphics.
by JSE
18 May 2005, 20:50
Topic: HOMMV E3 Trailer!
Replies: 7
Views: 4544

The trailer is pompous but rather pointless in my opinion — it looks more like a Diablo video than anything related to Heroes.
by JSE
18 May 2005, 15:04
Topic: Two Town Names Confirmed
Replies: 13
Views: 7174

Well, the knight's town was called "Castle" in Heroes III, and I think it's more appropriate than "Haven" which means as much as shelter or harbour. Humans? Doesn't sound like a reasonable name for me since not only humans belong to this fraction but creatures like angels and gri...
by JSE
18 May 2005, 12:08
Topic: King and Romero: It's Official
Replies: 12
Views: 6828

Well, generally, I like Irish music myself — however, I don't think it's the right kind of music for a strategy game like Heroes (it's just too emotional and distracting). Personally, I prefer the more idyllic adventure themes of Heroes 1 to 3. Powerful music is great though — especially in combat —...
by JSE
18 May 2005, 09:49
Topic: Two Town Names Confirmed
Replies: 13
Views: 7174

But does "Haven" really make sense here? In Heroes IV, the Knight/Castle fraction was called that way because of the background story (the escape to Axeoth from the dying world of Enroth). If Nival really wants to stick to the classical town names, they should call it "Castle" in...
by JSE
17 May 2005, 11:35
Topic: King and Romero: It's Official
Replies: 12
Views: 6828

That's fantastic news — if we don't get the original developers, at least we get the original composers. That alone is reason enough for me to buy the game ;) Apart from that, I just hope that by "very emotional" Rob doesn't mean "melancholic", as some of the Heroes IV tracks wer...
by JSE
16 May 2005, 23:18
Topic: More Heroes V screenshots
Replies: 10
Views: 6625

The amount of detail is amazing and the overall artistic quality is outstanding — however, some of the creature graphics (especially the devils/demons) look a little too stylized and "overdesigned" for my taste; they lack this "clean and clear" quality of the original NWC graphic...
by JSE
18 Feb 2005, 20:59
Topic: Mobile Might and Magic Review
Replies: 2
Views: 2752

As the reviewer points out, the Might and Magic name once stood for highest quality games. Then came 3DO and started to milk the franchise for botches like Crusaders and Warriors of M&M. Now we have Ubisoft, and the Might and Magic name is finally downgraded to a mere label attached to a variety...
by JSE
16 Feb 2005, 22:49
Topic: Introducing the Heroespedia!
Replies: 4
Views: 3904

A Heroes wiki is a great idea - but why not make it general M&M wiki right from the start? The M&M RPGs are complex and detailed enough to justify appropriate dictionary entries.
by JSE
15 Feb 2005, 02:33
Topic: Christian Vanover
Replies: 5
Views: 3684

I fully share your view, Loco - it's terribly sad that to see the Heroes series out of Jon Van Caneghem's hands. The early screenshots of Heroes V (the ones from NWC) looked great and JVC's plans for the game sounded very promising. With none of the original development team involved anymore, I have...

Go to advanced search