Search found 215 matches

by JSE
05 Sep 2020, 05:49
Forum: News
Topic: Fanstratics - A first Newsletter!
Replies: 16
Views: 9202

Re: Fanstratics - A first Newsletter!

I also like the "storybook" art style of Heroes 2 very much. It was original and independent and was a great match for the gameplay and overall design. But I can understand the decision of the Heroes 3 leads to go for a more established and typical fantasy art style. It made the series int...
by JSE
04 Sep 2020, 01:47

In terms of art style, I *do* hope that Fanstratics will look quite a bit like Heroes 3. Elmorian fantasy was and still is the way to go. The art of the Ubi era has shown us in a painfully clear way what comic book, manga, and heavy Warcraft influences can lead to. Even the 5th edition of D&D --...
by JSE
03 Sep 2020, 05:06

As we are not likely to see a "true" successor to Heroes 3 and 4 using the official license, this project is our best hope. Greg Fulton did a great job with Heroes 3, it's *one* of the best games ever made -- so this might actually work out. :) Even though Greg defends the name choice, I s...
by JSE
31 Aug 2020, 01:33
Topic: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel
Replies: 3
Views: 2746

Re: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel

Fantastic. An interview with Paul Romero and/or Rob King would be great, too. The only reason I didn't mention them is because they're basically the only people left of the original team who have worked on the more recent games. And I'm looking forward to the one that's already planned. I think I fo...
by JSE
29 Aug 2020, 20:49
Topic: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel
Replies: 3
Views: 2746

Re: Celestial Heavens YouTube Channel

Really cool video! The dragon looks impressive! I would like to see video interviews with key developers of the original series (Heroes 1-4 and M&M 1-9): JVC, Greg Fulton, Keith Francart, James Dickinson, Bryan Farina, Tim Lang, Paul Rattner, some of the amazing artists etc. We've had these sort...
by JSE
09 Nov 2018, 10:33
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)
Replies: 7
Views: 6722

Re: Interview with Paul Anthony Romero (Team Masters of Sighisoara)

• What do you think about the heavy Irish folk element in Heroes 4's adventure themes? Do they set the right tone/atmosphere for the game?
by JSE
29 Mar 2018, 15:23
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang
Replies: 61
Views: 39703

Re: Interview with Tim Lang

No problem, I can wait. I'm just happy to know that the other parts will be coming eventually.
by JSE
27 Mar 2018, 07:44

Really looking forward to part 2... :)
by JSE
11 Mar 2018, 15:57

Wow! I'm going to watch it right now. Thanks!
by JSE
09 Mar 2018, 15:41

Any news on the interview? I don't want to seem impatient, I'm just looking forward to it. :)
by JSE
21 Jan 2018, 21:21

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to the interview. :)
by JSE
08 Jan 2018, 20:55

Alright, you convinced me. :) I really thought Heroes 1 had mentioned "Enroth" somewhere in the manual. --- Anyway -- let's modify my first question then: 1.) Can you tell us anything about the name "Enroth" and its origin? Was it a reference to something or completely made-up? A...
by JSE
06 Jan 2018, 23:37

This name is a reference to Ronald Enroth, who wrote about cults and abusive churches. This is part of the reason why in HoMM2 they gave that name to the kingdom/continent that was planned to be plagued by a Kreegan worshipping cult in the next game. Wow, that's really an interesting theory. It wou...
by JSE
05 Jan 2018, 15:53

For sure take JVC and make him work with some of the old NWC crew, whatever they do will be great. They even managed to make a great game in the mobile market lol, and honestly it feels much more Might and Magic than anything Ubi did. You're talking about Creature Quest, of course, which is actuall...
by JSE
02 Jan 2018, 15:25

That's really something to look forward to: Even though M&M 7 is a fantastic game and has some of the best features, on the whole M&M 6 is still the best "second-era" M&M game (in my opinion). If only Tim could join forces with JVC to create a role-playing game again... Even if...
by JSE
27 Feb 2016, 08:40
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23649

Re: Contents Wanted

Celestial Heavens is a great site, and I visit it regularly to find out about M&M news and join discussions about my favourite game franchise and its current state. And I have to wonder: Are an independent news platform and an independent forum not sufficient reasons to keep this site alive?
by JSE
25 Feb 2016, 13:58
Topic: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity
Replies: 29
Views: 19917

Re: Ubisoft Release 1.7 and Unity

That's true, but my point was that Ashan could just as easily have had similar creature design, world lore etc. as Enroth or Axeoth. Sure, as Ashan's fundamentals are Tolkienesque/D&D-style fantasy, too, it could have been made into a good M&M setting. In my opnion, this option was forfeite...
by JSE
24 Feb 2016, 17:47

It's funny, why Ashan is so different. I've heard many saying they don't care about Ashan and the Dragon Gods, but I'm uncertain why that world is fundamentally different from Enroth/Axeoth. It consist of heroes, creatures, wars for nations etc. Ofcourse the worship of dragon gods influencing most ...
by JSE
24 Feb 2016, 16:31
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]
Replies: 174
Views: 205627

Re: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

The pages seem to load normally now, and logging in also works again. Good work! :tsup:

Do you have any more info on the cause of the problems? Was the site under some sort of attack?
by JSE
21 Feb 2016, 13:58

The ratings on both Steam (40%) and Metacritic (5.0 of 10) are still by far the lowest a *new* Heroes game has ever had. The same is true for the Metacritic professional critic rating of 67%. These bad numbers cannot be explained by a frustration over bugs and crashes alone -- and this is confirmed ...

Go to advanced search