Search found 215 matches

by JSE
26 Sep 2006, 22:32
Forum: News
Topic: Jon Van Caneghem Returns
Replies: 22
Views: 13798

Jon Van Caneghem Returns

And what about the haircut -- it's retro of course, but retro is mostly cool. JVC was big in the 80s and early 90s, and this haircut pays tribute to this ;)
by JSE
25 Sep 2006, 14:09
Topic: Jon Van Caneghem Returns
Replies: 22
Views: 13798

Jon Van Caneghem Returns

Indeed, great news! #You may remember that JVC had plans for a persistent online game back #in the days of 3DO, but the publisher was not strong enough for such a #massive project. If Ubisoft is wise, Trion's first big game will be "Might and Magic Online" -- with JVC in charge of everythi...
by JSE
11 Sep 2006, 23:28
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Angelspit´s Collection
Replies: 14
Views: 7417

Angelspit´s Collection

I'd prefer the desk lamp to Heroes V any time :D...
by JSE
11 Sep 2006, 22:25
Topic: New Head of Studio at Nival
Replies: 24
Views: 7794

New Head of Studio at Nival

Joss Ellis... IF Nival is going to develop further Heroes/M&M games, the American they SHOULD hire is Jon Van Caneghem. He's definitely the only one who could save the series and who could reconcile Nival with the fans. Let Jon be in charge of Heroes VI and I predict (almost) everbody will be ha...
by JSE
17 Mar 2006, 15:16
Topic: Nival Coming to America
Replies: 2
Views: 1704

Nival Coming to America

Does Jon Van Caneghem know this? A new Nival headquarter in LA sounds like the perfect opportunity for him to get back into the M&M boat... ;)
by JSE
06 Jan 2006, 02:49
Topic: A Heroic Tatoo
Replies: 21
Views: 11123

A Heroic Tatoo

Apart from the fact that tattoos are generally rather silly (bad for your skin and all that) -- IF I did it, I would certainly not choose a motif like this one with it's overhyped comic book/Manga style. Maybe an original M&M motif... ;)
by JSE
23 Dec 2005, 11:03
Topic: New Facts from Heroic Corner
Replies: 17
Views: 7371

No Orcs?!?! It's obvious that Nival heavily "borrowed" from the most popular fantasy universes (Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms, and Warcraft) -- so why did they omit one of the most popular fantasy races? Do they really think that this will make the new Heroes universe seem original? ...
by JSE
12 Nov 2005, 15:39
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 31
Views: 12357

Don't want to seem like a wisenheimer, but as far as I know, having installed M&M 4 and 5 on the same harddrive, creates the "World of Xeen" with a number of additional quests etc. "Swords of Xeen" on the other hand is a licensed M&M game created by another developer and ...
by JSE
10 Oct 2005, 01:33
Topic: More Answers from Nival
Views: 8572

protecyon,

I am aware of JVC's (alleged) decline -- that's why I said that I would do my "utmost", i.e., give JVC the position, the creative freedom and the money he wants.
Edited on Sun, Oct 09 2005, 19:35 by JSE
by JSE
10 Oct 2005, 01:30
Topic: Bridge Town
Replies: 13
Views: 8331

How cool! :D Didn't know the game would recognize that...
by JSE
09 Oct 2005, 23:58
Topic: More Answers from Nival
Views: 8572

If I was in charge at Ubisoft/Nival, I would do my utmost to get Jon Van Caneghem in the boat -- if not as the lead designer at least as a consultant of some sort; HE's a legend and apart from that, he is Might and Magic...
Edited on Sun, Oct 09 2005, 18:19 by JSE
by JSE
22 Sep 2005, 07:29
Topic: Dungeon Info Revealed
Replies: 70
Views: 23473

The general idea of adding dark elves to the Dungeon faction is a good one — I don't even mind their "overpresence" or their sparse clothing. What I mind though is their strong Warcraft looks (those ears — omg) — the fact that Ubisoft/Nival have to copy another series' distinctive style is...
by JSE
16 Aug 2005, 06:02
Forum: Articles
Topic: Inferno
Replies: 20
Views: 10758

I think this has been said before on the Ubi Soft Heroes forums — but what the heck: The Ouroboros as a symbol for the Inferno faction (with core philosophies like selfishness and destruction) seems very questionable to me. One of the primary meanings of this symbol is eternity and the eternal retur...
by JSE
15 Aug 2005, 22:51
Topic:
Replies: 8
Views: 3929

I just hope that DM will be set in the same world/universe as Heroes V and Ubi Soft's other M&M games; this would be the only legitimation for giving it the "of Might and Magic" label. If not, it would be downright ridiculous and the bluntest form of franchise-milking since 3DO's "...
by JSE
11 Aug 2005, 16:25
Topic: Inferno and Haven Info
Replies: 96
Views: 32101

Of course, this criticism is not new, it has been uttered since Ubi Soft revealed the first pieces of information — and with good reason... However, applying new criticism is not what I intend to do. The reason why I repeat the "H3 clone" theory is that I want to make it heard — especially...
by JSE
11 Aug 2005, 15:32

No, Vitirr, we don't say it for the fun of it but because it's a striking and sad truth.

Waiting with this sort of criticism until the game is released wouldn't actually make any sense at all because then nothing can be changed anymore.
by JSE
11 Aug 2005, 15:05

I think it's obvious that both towns are H3 clones with a few variations — then again, the whole game looks very much like a H3 clone (including the story)... And no, Nival/Ubi Soft, this is definitely not what fans want! Apart from that, calling the knight's town "Haven" sounds like a cle...
by JSE
10 Aug 2005, 14:12
Topic: HOMMV Development Diary #1
Replies: 8
Views: 4419

Exactly. It seems as if the only original M&M game the Nival people have ever played is Heroes 3. Pretty pathetic for a developer that claims to give "rebirth" to a series.
by JSE
06 Jul 2005, 21:28
Topic: Development Diary
Replies: 28
Views: 11303

@ Sir Charles: Well, the number of skills is certainly amazing — however, it's easy to understand why people stress Mishulin's mention of the style change: It's an obvious break with Heroes (and Might and Magic) tradition. In my opinion, this aspect is as important as any changes in gameplay (e.g. s...
by JSE
06 Jul 2005, 01:13
Topic: Development Diary
Replies: 28
Views: 11303

100% agreement to HodgePodge and Zamolxis! The more lighthearted fantasy style is one of the core elements of the Heroes series and is as characteristic for the games as the turn-based gameplay. The introduction of a dark fantasy background is a clear misconception, breaks with the series' tradition...

Go to advanced search