Search found 190 matches

by JSE
May 21 2005, 11:42
Forum: News
Topic: David Mullich Preview
Replies: 28
Views: 7801

The general lack of interfaces David mentions is truly a reason for concern. In a strategy game, keeping track of things is definitely more important than marvelling at full-screen graphics.
by JSE
May 18 2005, 20:50
Topic: HOMMV E3 Trailer!
Replies: 7
Views: 2700

The trailer is pompous but rather pointless in my opinion — it looks more like a Diablo video than anything related to Heroes.
by JSE
May 18 2005, 15:04
Topic: Two Town Names Confirmed
Replies: 13
Views: 3322

Well, the knight's town was called "Castle" in Heroes III, and I think it's more appropriate than "Haven" which means as much as shelter or harbour.

Humans? Doesn't sound like a reasonable name for me since not only humans belong to this fraction but creatures like angels and griffins as well.
by JSE
May 18 2005, 12:08
Topic: King and Romero: It's Official
Replies: 12
Views: 3360

Well, generally, I like Irish music myself — however, I don't think it's the right kind of music for a strategy game like Heroes (it's just too emotional and distracting). Personally, I prefer the more idyllic adventure themes of Heroes 1 to 3. Powerful music is great though — especially in combat —...
by JSE
May 18 2005, 9:49
Topic: Two Town Names Confirmed
Replies: 13
Views: 3322

But does "Haven" really make sense here? In Heroes IV, the Knight/Castle fraction was called that way because of the background story (the escape to Axeoth from the dying world of Enroth). If Nival really wants to stick to the classical town names, they should call it "Castle" instead.
by JSE
May 17 2005, 11:35
Topic: King and Romero: It's Official
Replies: 12
Views: 3360

That's fantastic news — if we don't get the original developers, at least we get the original composers. That alone is reason enough for me to buy the game ;) Apart from that, I just hope that by "very emotional" Rob doesn't mean "melancholic", as some of the Heroes IV tracks were too melancholic in...
by JSE
May 16 2005, 23:18
Topic: More Heroes V screenshots
Replies: 10
Views: 3660

The amount of detail is amazing and the overall artistic quality is outstanding — however, some of the creature graphics (especially the devils/demons) look a little too stylized and "overdesigned" for my taste; they lack this "clean and clear" quality of the original NWC graphics and seem more alon...
by JSE
Feb 18 2005, 20:59
Topic: Mobile Might and Magic Review
Replies: 2
Views: 1403

As the reviewer points out, the Might and Magic name once stood for highest quality games. Then came 3DO and started to milk the franchise for botches like Crusaders and Warriors of M&M. Now we have Ubisoft, and the Might and Magic name is finally downgraded to a mere label attached to a variety of ...
by JSE
Feb 16 2005, 22:49
Topic: Introducing the Heroespedia!
Replies: 4
Views: 2137

A Heroes wiki is a great idea - but why not make it general M&M wiki right from the start? The M&M RPGs are complex and detailed enough to justify appropriate dictionary entries.
by JSE
Feb 15 2005, 2:33
Forum: Articles
Topic: Christian Vanover
Replies: 5
Views: 1764

I fully share your view, Loco - it's terribly sad that to see the Heroes series out of Jon Van Caneghem's hands. The early screenshots of Heroes V (the ones from NWC) looked great and JVC's plans for the game sounded very promising. With none of the original development team involved anymore, I have...

Go to advanced search