Search found 190 matches

by JSE
Feb 10 2010, 4:48
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Nagas
Replies: 30
Views: 4514

Nagas

@ ThunderTitan: I think the creature design in Legends of M&M and M&M 9 can give us a good general idea of how creatures in an NWC-made 3D version of Heroes could have looked like. A gallery of both can be found in the M&M section of Tracy Iwata's personal website -- here: http://oldpage.150m.com/mm...
by JSE
Feb 5 2010, 23:42

Nagas

Thanks a lot for the link, guys. The concept art had me speechless for quite a while... UbiSoft should have done everything to keep the original NWC team working on Heroes 5. I doubt it would have been more expensive with that level of progress already been made. They just *wanted* to do their own t...
by JSE
Feb 5 2010, 15:21

Nagas

@ Zamolxis: NWC had designs for a H5 Fortress town? The only two things I've ever seen from NWC's H5 plans were the Necropolis town (adventure mode view) and a very cool phoenix. Are there any sources I'm not aware of? :) @ ThunderTitan: I agree -- this piece is very good, though for a different gam...
by JSE
Jul 17 2009, 16:26
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft Looking for RPG Developer
Replies: 26
Views: 3513

Ubisoft Looking for RPG Developer

@ Bandobras Took: Although Heroes IV was a mixed bag in many ways, it was definitely a pure-strain strategy game; aspects like resource management, character advancement, army building, and combat were always in the focus. A RPG, on the other hand, would have its focus on player character indentific...
by JSE
Jul 17 2009, 4:04

@ Thelonious: ---They did, remember? They asked JvC whether or not he wanted a part in HoMM V, he declined. I don't suppose they'll want him now.--- I vaguely remember Fabrice saying something like that in response to a fan question. Anyway, did they try it again? A lot has changed, and Heroes V was...
by JSE
Jul 16 2009, 0:38

It really does say that... Quite alarming. Two questions arise: 1.) Have UbiSoft ever considered (and re-considered!) offering this post to *the series' original creator* before publishing this advertisement? As far as we know, Jon Van Caneghem is currently not involved in any game project. 2.) Why ...
by JSE
May 15 2009, 3:42
Topic: Clash of Heroes Announced
Replies: 27
Views: 3228

Clash of Heroes Announced

And we used to blame 3DO for franchise milking... While the game at least seems to be set in the world of Ashan (wow, consistency), the game's style of course is a major break with the quasi-naturalistic and western cartoon/comic book styles seen in all previous M&M games. The manga style is okay fo...
by JSE
May 12 2009, 22:58
Topic: Lords of War and Money Turns One
Replies: 11
Views: 2886

Lords of War and Money Turns One

What I don't understand: Why do obviously talented programmers and artists like these mimic/copy the art of Heroes V (of all games)? Don't they *want* to be original?
by JSE
May 9 2009, 23:00
Topic: UbiSoft Set To Reveal New Titles
Replies: 24
Views: 2961

UbiSoft Set To Reveal New Titles

Exactly, sir dabbler. If the fans know that something *is* on the horizon, this can only be a good thing (for the Heroes series and for Ubisoft). Marketing-wise, the only problem could be seen in the revealing of too many details -- which can lead to speculation. Informing the fans, however, that th...
by JSE
May 8 2009, 3:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 77759

At this point I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Ubisoft releasing a decent Heroes game. Sure, I'm very hard to please. H2/H3 are perfect games to me due to a strong fun core; modern companies are too obsessed with bells and whistles and are NEVER committed to continue to improve game balance...
by JSE
May 7 2009, 23:37

So you're not speaking about the fan-made M&M X (not MMT, the other one)? If you are not, what should be Ubisoft's point in remaining silent about it? Fans looking forward to a new game in their favourite series can only be a good thing.
by JSE
May 7 2009, 22:39

Interesting document, Corlagon.

"MIGHT & MAGIC® CLASH OF HEROES (Nintendo DS™)"

The new Warriors or M&M?
by JSE
May 2 2009, 3:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The JVC Poll
Replies: 19
Views: 3968

Honestly, why should JVC suddenly lose his creativity and/or his game design proficiency? Those abilities are not normally lost – quite the contrary: Like most abilities, they improve over the years and with more experience. So, if you think the original M&M and Heroes games were great – and app...
by JSE
May 1 2009, 16:21
Topic: JVC Leaves Trion
Replies: 45
Views: 5537

JVC Leaves Trion

First of all, thank you very much for responding to our ideas, Kalah. I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything but now is still time to make a new forum (sub-fourm) out of it. This would allow us to organise our wishes and to discuss them instead of simply posting them in a row. A single thread c...
by JSE
May 1 2009, 7:13

JVC Leaves Trion

A wiki could be used in a later stage to flesh out certain concepts. As a wish list, however, a forum system or a similar system is much better suited in my opinion: It's much more accessible and allows for easy discussion of ideas. Most wiki systems (like the popular MediaWiki) have awkward discuss...
by JSE
May 1 2009, 1:36

JVC Leaves Trion

Technically the Round Table forums are an okay place for posting wishes for Heroes 6. The problem I see is that simply starting a couple of threads in the Heroes 5 forum or any other game specific forum would not only be out of place but also way too ordinary. I understand that the implementation of...
by JSE
Apr 30 2009, 22:44

JVC Leaves Trion

I second this. It's a great idea! It's also what the CH staff might be looking for in terms of site activity. Let's start a large, well-structured wish list which is easily accessible from the front page. --- Speaking of activity: I'm thinking about setting up an online petition requesting JVC's ret...
by JSE
Apr 29 2009, 21:26
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The JVC Poll
Replies: 19
Views: 3968

Well said, Yurian. I couldn't agree more.
by JSE
Apr 29 2009, 3:11

JVC Leaves Trion

Of course NWC consisted of many other talented people – among them also artists like Bonita Long-Hemsath and Phelan Sykes, and let's not forget about Rob King and Paul Romero whose music gave the Heroes games great mood and atmosphere. But while the personnel changed quite a bit from King's Bounty t...
by JSE
Apr 28 2009, 4:20

JVC Leaves Trion

vitirr, why do you think that JVC wouldn't know how to bring the Heroes series (and the M&M series for that matter) back to its former glory? – Because he is some years older? – Because things didn't work out for him at two MMO companies? These things don't matter at all! What matters is that the or...

Go to advanced search