Search found 112 matches

by konfeta
03 Aug 2008, 18:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Summon Magic Sucks? -- Case Description
Replies: 53
Views: 12132

"level aside" is 7 skill points; don't be so dismissing of them. One of those perks, for example, coulda been Elemental Balance. Another one could have been Flaming Arrows... I didn't say there were completely useless, I said that they were slow -_-. While you admirably backed your point t...
by konfeta
03 Aug 2008, 16:46
Topic: I am a Heroes noob I have a question.
Replies: 35
Views: 7532

It's a turn based strategy game set in a high fantasy world. What's this? Realism's suicide note? That's only because you got used to it and you think you're better than noobs because you do it. More likely I think so because Nival didn't remove it. It's a staple of the HoMM series by now, unless th...
by konfeta
03 Aug 2008, 16:39

Your artifact luck is also better than mine. If I want decent stuff I have to play Academy/Dungeon and pay out of my nose. As for the replay, yeah, I apparently didn't have a replay folder and had to make one. And than the replay itself failed to show how many skeletons you had; every casualty was r...
by konfeta
03 Aug 2008, 02:06

aha no steroids smile_teeth That's natural for necro by week 3 Not for my Necros/Warlocks. They obsess over Defense/Attack, respectively. I am lucky if I have 15 natural spellpower by level 25, with Enlightenment . Normally they contend to have stratospheric physical stats. This game hates me so mu...
by konfeta
02 Aug 2008, 22:00

If by abusing you mean using it as intended, sure. If you remove this, so many tactics will get snuffed out in the name of realism. I mean, it would be nice as a special creature ability, but having an element of damage overflow and using your/enemy units' actions efficiently is a fairly important a...
by konfeta
02 Aug 2008, 21:57

hould try fire warriors, with 25 power you can 81 fire elementals regular game ends by week 4-5 I'd like to hire whoever makes your spellpower steroids. Yes, you can even throw the ring that boosts your summoning there, and get even MOAR FIAR ALAMANTALS!, but the point is, the battle will already b...
by konfeta
02 Aug 2008, 21:50
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Views: 20473

Er, yuritch? The Emerald Dragons have 14 initiative and 9 speed, as 25+ attack stat advantage over the lowly tiers, and can attack 2 units. You don't want these guys in your ranks. Especially considering that Sprites and Wardancers are cannon-fodder for your Elves early on, so their numbers aren't n...
by konfeta
02 Aug 2008, 07:21

Let's see. Fist of Wrath - sucky spell, I agree, but it's alright against Golems early on. Firetrap - Now we are talking. 8 mines for 8 mana at Expert Summoning. That's 1 mana per mine. Each mine deals 50 + 10 * Spellpower damage. It's not difficult to achieve 5 spellpower early on. As long as you p...
by konfeta
02 Aug 2008, 06:48

How is putting down delicious, fat peasants as bait "abusing"? It's a perfectly legitimate and honorable tactic, human rights not withstanding.
by konfeta
01 Aug 2008, 05:15

True story. A well built nuking machine will carve out significant chunks out of your army - with 40 spellpower and a decent artifact selection, a Warlock can easily achieve damage in the excess of 6k per implosion smack. Once you throw in a well developed elemental chain in, you will be wiping deal...
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 22:57

Pretty much. Summong and Destructive scale with spellpower. Light and Dark scale with army.

Guess which one grows faster?
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 22:53
Topic: Warpath a good idea?
Replies: 17
Views: 10010

Well, Warpath is considered to be overpowered enough to be on the top 3 things to nerf in fan patches. (The other two are arcane archers and divine vengeance if you are wondering.)
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 09:21
Topic: Attack stat
Replies: 9
Views: 2683

Well, isn't that clear from just seeing the word "AttacK" and a higher numerical value next to it?
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 09:13
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Views: 20473

Deep Freeze has the problem that damage is actually quite low most of the time, if the spell isn't cast by a Warlock. The freeze effect is great, though, and may add massive damage amounts. It's damage is 75% that of implosion, that's not low by any means. And the +physical damage boost is just bru...
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 09:06
Topic: How is hero attack damage calculated?
Replies: 2
Views: 1240

It's not exactly a formula or a damage value; a hero attack is suppose to kill a certain number of creatures depending on hero level and creature stack tier. For example, a level 31 hero would kill... 12 Tier 1 creatures 9 Tier 2 creatures 6.5 Tier 3 creatures 4.5 Tier 4 creatures 3 Tier 5 creatures...
by konfeta
31 Jul 2008, 08:57
Topic: Best upgrades for Sylvan
Replies: 15
Views: 9734

For AA vs. MH, look at it this way: Master Hunters will do an average of 6.5 damage per shot, so 13 total. However, since targets worth shooting are most of spend in the ranged penalty area, their damage per Hunter stays at 6.5 Arcane Archers will do an average of 8.5 damage per shot, at no range pe...
by konfeta
28 Jul 2008, 18:31

They are talking about fairly specific strategies that only some heroes have access too. The one you are talking about involves using Haven's Marksmen who have the ability to nullify their opponents defense rating. Simply put, the real reason high level creatures dominate lowers is not because of hi...
by konfeta
28 Jul 2008, 00:53
Topic: Best Upgrades for Inferno
Replies: 23
Views: 5480

The tactic you're talking about works only in campaigns. You will not have enough Cyclopses or enough Chieftains to do this in a multiplayer game, and besides even if you did it's not like your opponent will stupidly sit there and eat the pain. He's going to Puppet Master / Mass Slow / Mass Haste a...
by konfeta
26 Jul 2008, 03:25
Topic: Best Upgrades for Inferno
Replies: 23
Views: 5480

I dare you to come up a to a Cyclop/split-Warchief-stack army and tell them in the face that they need the rest of their army.
by konfeta
26 Jul 2008, 03:24
Topic: Hit-and-run
Replies: 4
Views: 3449

Addendum! With addition of the "Mentor" perk in enlightenment for every race, you can effectively use a high level hero to level up a bunch of hired heroes, load them up on magic skills, and use them to soften up your enemy with powerful AoE spells.

Go to advanced search