Search found 112 matches

by konfeta
25 Sep 2008, 21:17
Forum: News
Topic: Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty
Replies: 48
Views: 13987

Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty

And thus Zamolxis throws up the Banner of Righteousness and celebrates the Spirit of HoMM while shamelessly bashing HoMM 5. Incredible. The urge to bash Nival and/or Ubisoft must be too strong to resist. Even though they have produced a game that plenty of hard-core HoMM fans are finding to be an en...
by konfeta
24 Sep 2008, 22:28
Forum: News
Topic: Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty
Replies: 48
Views: 13987

Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty

Incredible, a HoMM5 bashing moment by the first comment. Must be a new record.
by konfeta
16 Sep 2008, 21:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Instant Travel - Useless?
Replies: 17
Views: 5362

Well, logistics (the concept) are pretty much 99% of the time one of the most important aspects of fighting a war. When you get a spell that allows you to essentially skip up to a week (if not more) of traveling, it's bound to be overpowered unless something exists to counter it. IMO, for HoMM6, the...
by konfeta
09 Sep 2008, 04:28
Topic: pendant of mastery
Replies: 11
Views: 4526

He is trolling.
by konfeta
06 Sep 2008, 17:57
Topic: Where'd the halflings go?
Replies: 26
Views: 5843

What is it with people and giant Praying Mantises? Every other time I see a suggestion for a new faction, it has one of these.
by konfeta
06 Sep 2008, 17:56
Topic: First Aid Tent - 3 Uses Only
Replies: 18
Views: 6909

If we are buffing First Aid Tent, you need to make it in a way that makes it impossible to get Triple Ballista with the First Aid.

Seriously, War Machines already has Ballista/Triple Ballista as one of the best skill choices in the game. Does it really need something on top of that?
by konfeta
29 Aug 2008, 17:40
Topic: Sar-Issus Regalia
Replies: 6
Views: 3548

That bonus does seem a tad unspectacular. Than again, the hero specific boosts seem to vary greatly in awesomeness. I mean, let's see... Rangers get a full leveled sorcery equivalent for their shooting abilities; -30% ATB loss when shooting. That's in addition to the very awesome boosts granted by t...
by konfeta
19 Aug 2008, 19:35
Topic: Patch 3.1 is out!
Replies: 34
Views: 16289

fixed phantom creatures become non-phantom after Vampirism spell applied to them
8|

Wait.... You could create a real stack with those 2 spells?!
by konfeta
15 Aug 2008, 21:36
Topic: Ultimate creep machine? -- Case description
Replies: 19
Views: 4621

Well, if you get good skill choices, War Machines are essentially Destructive Magic that doesn't cost mana. That's fairly big in early clearing.
by konfeta
06 Aug 2008, 16:34
Topic: I am a Heroes noob I have a question.
Replies: 35
Views: 7483

The game has as much common with Japanese RPG's as it does with the TBS genre. When the game comes out in the West, you will see what I mean. The main thing that connects it with the Heroes series is the progenitor. Heroes series is an off-shoot from the original King's Bounty; this new King's Bount...
by konfeta
06 Aug 2008, 16:29

Asheera. You don't understand how different the games are. The only thing that ties them together is the title of RPG/TBS.

King's Bounty is about as similar to Heroes 2-5 as those games are to the Disciples series.
by konfeta
06 Aug 2008, 16:21

King's Bounty has nothing to do with this discussion. They are already redesigning the core mechanics to be different from what the heroes series had for the last 4-5 iterations.
by konfeta
06 Aug 2008, 16:00

The point is, I don't think the developers thought about stacks of 1 peasant when they made the game. I don't think it was intended, just that they didn't find any way to "fix" it, so it is NOT a Heroes 5 Tactic. Point is, yes, in all probability, they did. Nival is filled with Heroes fan...
by konfeta
05 Aug 2008, 11:56
Topic: Best level 4 unit
Replies: 83
Views: 16301

just don't see how you can not pick vampires...
While they are awesome, they are a critical mass unit. Which means very large maps and long games, which many people don't play.
by konfeta
04 Aug 2008, 18:44

Well, Vampires are oriented for killing neutrals and massive battles. A large vampire stack with Vampirism cast on it literally needs to be taken out between it's turns. I find them to be the core of my late game necro force - my victory hinges on Necromancer's magic and their ability to last foreve...
by konfeta
04 Aug 2008, 18:30

And you never seen Seducers neutralize two stacks in one swift motion? Imperial Griffins decimating enemy shooters? High Druids turning their hero into nuking machines comparable to Warlocks? Vampires literally being impossible to kill without cheesing Divine Vengeance or focusing basically all your...
by konfeta
04 Aug 2008, 17:55

That still doesn't change that other tier 4 troops are just better.
by konfeta
04 Aug 2008, 17:48

I meant Riders as a whole. They are nice, assuming you don't lose many of them during killing neutrals, but other tier 4 units (with exception of berzerkers) are much nicer. Imperial Griffins are pure, unadulterated ownage. If they trigger morale during the dive (common occurrence with that faction)...
by konfeta
04 Aug 2008, 10:25

True... I think it's easier for me to choose the suckiest ones.

Berserker and Grim Riders would be those. Everyone else on this list is actually pretty awesome - I love using all of them.
by konfeta
03 Aug 2008, 18:32
Topic: Best level 3 unit
Replies: 12
Views: 3545

Coulda just skipped to level 4. Arcane Archers, followed by Firehounds (god, both these mothers hurt far too much for their level). Bear Riders and Golems compete for the third slot, IMO. On one hand, bear riders rule with great specials. On the other hand, Magnetic Golems have a very useful special...

Go to advanced search