Search found 112 matches

by konfeta
31 Mar 2008, 19:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Impressions on DMoMM (SPOILERS)
Replies: 8
Views: 3993

If you are looking for swording people in the face and don't mind the Star Wars setting, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy on PC are great. Their graphics are dated by today's standards, but they have some great swording in the face.

Especially if you turn on dismemberment.
by konfeta
31 Mar 2008, 19:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Balanced Difficulty level for H5 TotE
Replies: 22
Views: 22936

To be fair, a non-moronic A.I. should find a fine line between retreating as soon as you scratch one of his units and suiciding without inflicting any damage.

I mean, a human player would probably attempt to screw you over as much as possible and then run away so you don't get shinies.
by konfeta
31 Mar 2008, 19:05
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29765

Nice, thank you for doing this. As I understand the patch1 is not needed since it's already included in campaign data file currently hosted?

I wonder, though, if the Caravans will break any missions by making them too easy.
by konfeta
22 Feb 2008, 19:11
Topic: Luck and Attack
Replies: 24
Views: 12601

What he means is damage overflow. You don't want to risk having success of the battle on a dice when you can guarantee it methodically. Luck is pretty often wasted here, like having your Paladins charge a nasty to wipe it out in one hit, and BAM! LUCK! WOOPTIE DOO, HE WAS DEAD ANYWAY! Yes, luck can ...
by konfeta
17 Nov 2007, 15:32
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: New town for WoG in development...
Replies: 7
Views: 5295

New town for WoG in development...

http://www.woggrad.ru/index4.html http://www.woggrad.ru/index3.html Don't see a translation to English yet, but the gist of it is being a Slav mythology town. The town is of medium speed to build up, mage guild goes up to level two. The heroes will rely on an entirely new Secondary Ability and the t...
by konfeta
05 Jul 2007, 12:09
Topic: Questions, Questions, Questions?
Replies: 25
Views: 7571

Weird... My expirience is almost the opposite of yours 8|. Then again, my concept of fast "expansion" in H5 (NEEDS MORE NEUTRAL CITIES DAMNIT AND BIGGER MAPS) relied on picking the cheesiest early game strategery (Oh Deleb and Irina!) for each race. Well, it's true that H3 is typically way...
by konfeta
05 Jul 2007, 05:04

Playing aggresively doesn't neccesarily mean push through the whole map and rush the enemy, (IMO) it means to not waste movement of your main hero on tasks that can be relegated to secondary heroes or standing idle and doing nothing with that hero. In heroes 5 aggressive neutraling is actually easie...
by konfeta
04 Jul 2007, 16:32
Topic: Hero stats
Replies: 8
Views: 5447

Your skill selection should ineed be based on your strategy, but one there is one general guideline you can follow: There are two type of spells in this game, those that scale with Spellpower and those that don't. Spells that do damage and summon typically rely on spellpower to become godlike early ...
by konfeta
04 Jul 2007, 12:17

You are in all probability suffering the number one problem all newbie players suffer in RTS, TBS, and plenty of other games. You aren't aggressive enough. That's all there is too it. If you spend too much time upgrading your castle or building up troops or clearing out your own area you will get sq...
by konfeta
01 Jul 2007, 12:19
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Campaign file damaged for SoD
Replies: 5
Views: 2010

Thanks, the downloadable files worked great; and as I understand it the heroes don't carry over between campaigns anyway so it's not a loss to play some of them over custom. As for unstoppable carrier, I could give it a try but I don't think it will work. The scratch doesn't look "softish"...
by konfeta
30 Jun 2007, 23:50

It seems to be both.. and thanks.

Is it possible to take those and replace the actual files in the game or they are only usable as custom?

* Oh and, how do you navigate that website? :S
by konfeta
30 Jun 2007, 07:38

Campaign file damaged for SoD

Atleast that is what I think it is. I can play all the SoD campaigns and the first map of Gelu's; but when I start the second map the game invariably crashes. I am using Heroes 3 complete and all RoE and AB campaigns worked fine! Anyone know what is wrong, or knows how to fix it, or show me where i ...

Go to advanced search