Search found 157 matches

by accabear
Oct 26 2007, 7:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: M&M X in 2007?
Replies: 24
Views: 5967

Don't think it will happen, although I hope against hope that there will be an announcement and in the slightest chance that the game does get developed that it is not a rush job and someone actually tests the game at least once! I reckon MMIX was practically NEVER tested by anyone.
by accabear
Oct 21 2007, 1:14
Topic: MM7: What if classes were restricted by race?
Replies: 13
Views: 3676

Re: MM7: What if classes were restricted by race?

Goblin (and other barbaric races') society has its magic users, but they are rarer and thus even more respected/feared. Think of Ogre Magi and Battle Mages in Heroes III/IV. Elves: Think about the beginning of The Fellowship of The Ring: Elven Soldiers, with their glaives ready to meet the orcish o...
by accabear
Oct 20 2007, 3:19
Topic: MM7: What if classes were restricted by race?
Replies: 13
Views: 3676

Logical fantasy classes. Yes I agree. A great idea.
by accabear
Oct 15 2007, 8:11
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 13450

I found IX to be quite awful. AI was bad. The models looked crap, you can actually see this line dividing the body of people in half like a mirror image. The arena was damn buggy. The turn based system was useless. Too much walking. Buggy water combat. Inventory sucked alot. No paper dolls as mentio...
by accabear
Oct 7 2007, 3:55
Topic: MMIX Oddity Question
Replies: 5
Views: 1834

A friend of mine mentioned something about a black chest (or maybe just a chest) in some alcove in the Inventa Storca and when you went in to the passage to loot the chest, some invisible barrier would prevent you from getting out. Yeah MM9 is really buggy and half finished, lots of quests got left ...
by accabear
Oct 6 2007, 2:43
Topic: MMIX Oddity Question
Replies: 5
Views: 1834

What big room in what back? Where are you referring to? MM9 is really buggy so I am not surprised if it's some coding error or a stuck monster or something similar.
by accabear
Oct 5 2007, 10:32
Topic: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions
Replies: 76
Views: 40441

Definitely better AI for monsters. Balancing would be good, I guess since it was a single player game 3DO didn't bother to do too much in-depth balance testing. Also I would prefer Might and Magic X not to be a rehash of the old one with a new graphics engine and abit more balance and spells. I thin...
by accabear
Oct 4 2007, 11:16

Damn right. Bioware makes the best games. Baldur's gate series and i heard KOTOR was good. Plus they made Neverwinter Nights and Icewindale.
by accabear
Oct 3 2007, 23:58

Get Bioware to develop it. Although like I said, the chances of that happening are nil with the fact that Might and Magic wouldn't really be a guaranteed profit creator and the licenses is under Ubisoft.
by accabear
Oct 3 2007, 12:58

More advanced (and logical) RPG elements I think are necessary. Might and Magic's non-linear gameplay never reeally felt all that 'non-linear' due to the lack of actual choice, decision and the controlled dialogue within the game compared to current and even then RPG's. Might and Magic X would work ...
by accabear
Oct 2 2007, 13:34
Topic: might and magic tribute?
Replies: 8
Views: 2744

Psst.. it won't ever get finished! These kind of projects take time and I don't think there have been any recent updates so far with Tribute. Although like all of you I still hope Tribute will be taken up by either another team or be resurrected.
by accabear
Sep 21 2007, 7:31
Topic: They just don't make games this good anymore!
Replies: 12
Views: 3379

I was a huge Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale player in between the era of the MM games and the next generation of games (Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind and such), and while I still love the Infinity Engine series for party feel and teamwork simulation, I think the MM games give me the feeling of being pa...
by accabear
Sep 11 2007, 10:26
Topic: Might and Magic 6-8 Map Viewer
Replies: 8
Views: 7009

Wow this is pretty awesome. Thanks for telling us.
by accabear
Sep 11 2007, 10:24
Topic: MM6-MM8: Are earth and mind the weakest schools?
Replies: 22
Views: 7293

Yeah definitely. Earth and Mind are fairly large wastes of time. You are better off using potions or scrolls to fix up any nasty conditions. Too many creatures are immune to mind magic also, meaning charm spells are near useless. I recall that basically the most powerful creature that could be charm...
by accabear
Sep 9 2007, 2:24
Topic: New mods for Might and Magic 7 !!!!
Replies: 36
Views: 33241

Ah sounds exciting. A couple of new mods etc. would make MM7 a real pleasure to run through again.
by accabear
Sep 6 2007, 11:31
Topic: MM Remake (new) demo
Replies: 14
Views: 3722

Hmmm... yeah alot of fan mods and projects die out pretty quick. Let's hope this one doesn't. The pictures look pretty awesome, I hope you keep at it and all, perhaps regular updates concerning this project in this forum would help boost public support and awareness?
by accabear
Aug 30 2007, 12:55
Topic: Best elemental damage spell in M&M6?
Replies: 30
Views: 7751

Wouldn't you need more than one spellcaster in your party to effectively kill several medium strength enemies with sparks due to recovery time etc.? Seriously on a time vs damage scale I don't think sparks is the best spell, I may be wrong though.
by accabear
Aug 30 2007, 9:08
Topic: Promotion list M&M6
Replies: 3
Views: 1290

Uh... this forum isn't really an FAQ for MM6. Seriously if you need any questions like this answered there are plenty of play guides and the such around. Just use www.gamefaqs.com or the like.
by accabear
Aug 30 2007, 7:41
Topic: Best elemental damage spell in M&M6?
Replies: 30
Views: 7751

Hmmm... I haven't tried this but what about fly and sparks? Could make a nice fireworks display! Or you could use em like bombs outdoors.
by accabear
Aug 29 2007, 12:51
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Replies: 247
Views: 29466

Fleet of foot works better yes in retreat and in hit-and-runs. If your Guardians get engaged fleet them out and start shooting your enemy.

Go to advanced search