Search found 181 matches

by Grail Quest
Jul 28 2007, 4:28
Forum: Articles
Topic: Necropolis Strategy
Replies: 53
Views: 18229

Necropolis Strategy

I'm about to start the Necromancer campaign, and I was wondering if anyone has tried a potential synergy with: Mass Slow + Mass Haste + Banshee Howl + Howl of Terror You'll be giving up Archery (which would be nice because you have 2 shooters), but a net Morale penalty of -7 is insurmountable unless...
by Grail Quest
Jul 28 2007, 3:10
Topic: The Cultist → Agrael's Decision
Replies: 16
Views: 9598

The Cultist → Agrael's Decision

Did it on Heroic and there were 25 Dragons! However, I went into the scenario with Urgash's Call and boy, it is Ultimate all right. Unless I was facing Druids, I won every combat without losses, including the dragons at the end. Maybe it was because of my Diplomacy skill, but every demon stack joine...
by Grail Quest
Jul 27 2007, 14:53
Topic: The Cultist → The Ship
Replies: 38
Views: 19049

The Cultist → The Ship

The Blue Border Guard is somewhere in the NW and just opens up neutral stacks and treasure. The Green Border Guard is behind the Green Garrisons, and far East of Erewel; it has a Vault of the Mages. * A surprisingly straightforward mission, even on Heroic! Strange after The Conquest, but oh well. Ma...
by Grail Quest
Jul 24 2007, 15:03
Topic: The Cultist → The Promise
Replies: 27
Views: 12461

The Cultist → The Promise

Finally played it again, this time on Heroic. Funny that it was easier than on Hard... I just let Quick Combat handle both final fights, and Agrael's forces won handily. Against the scouts: Field only the Horned Overseers and the Hell Chargers (in 2 stacks). When I played it, the scout went for the ...
by Grail Quest
Jul 24 2007, 14:45
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Fall of Sandro
Replies: 2
Views: 2535

Unholy Alliance → Fall of Sandro

Contrary to the walkthrough, when I played this map, Sandro was not trapped behind the Quest Tower at all. In fact, he busted through the eastern border guard on Month 1 Week 1 Day 6! 3 of 4 of my heroes had Expert Town Portal so I managed to muster a decent defense in the 2 days he spent approachin...
by Grail Quest
Jul 24 2007, 14:45
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Fall of Sandro
Views: 2535

Unholy Alliance → Fall of Sandro

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/307
by Grail Quest
Jul 22 2007, 9:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 161781

Pit Lords fireballed themselves

I experienced this today, and only in HOF. The same campaign (The Queen, mission 4, The Trap) played in regular HOMM5 did not have this issue. I am fighting a neutral stack of Pit Lords, and fielded only Imperial Griffins. They separated into 4 stacks of 4, and combat begins. I send the Imperial Gri...
by Grail Quest
Jul 22 2007, 9:12
Topic: Heroes, how to get the ultimate skill???
Replies: 6
Views: 2223

I recommend trying the Ultimate Skills mod instead. As it is, as you get closer to fulfilling the prerequisite Abilities for the Ultimate Skill, there is an increasing chance that you might be offered 2 Abilities, both in the required Skill areas, BUT taking either will make it impossible to get the...
by Grail Quest
Jul 22 2007, 2:21
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 10840

Haven Strategy

I was thinking more about Fallen Knight, and I think you would only take that if you: (a) know how to use, and regularly use, Retaliation Strike, and want to maximize it by taking Weakening Strike (b) want only Mass Haste and Mass Slow (on the surface, this is great synergy) from Light Magic, and al...
by Grail Quest
Jul 21 2007, 19:16
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 10840

Haven Strategy

I'm finding that I shouldn't field less than 2 stacks of Archangels against the AI, because a high-level hero will definitely kill one per strike, which means if I only have one stack, there's no one to raise the angel. And if it had been a stack of 1, I've just lost my ability to resurrect, which w...
by Grail Quest
Jul 21 2007, 19:12
Topic: How to get the console to work in HOF
Replies: 25
Views: 51463

In the directory ...\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V Collector Edition\profiles\default_profile there is what appears to be the .cfg templates. If you edit input_a1.cfg there, you can have the console enabled in every new profile created. (That is, if you ever make new ones.)
by Grail Quest
Jul 21 2007, 19:10
Topic: How to get the console to work in HOF
Replies: 25
Views: 51463

Re: Help?

I've heard that it doesn't matter what the symbol is but it depends on the key which is above the tab key and beside the number 1 key on the keyboard. Is this true? Can anyone help me? Thanks. I haven't heard this rumor, but the file appears to just be keybindings, and nothing special. Have you alr...
by Grail Quest
Jul 21 2007, 4:20
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Is there a definitive hero-model mod pack?
Views: 2606

Thanks for the tip! I'll download them (again...) and give it another go.
by Grail Quest
Jul 21 2007, 4:18
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?
Replies: 3
Views: 1705

Ah hah! Thank you for the link! I actually did try what it suggested, only I put the modified file in the dataa1 folder instead of Maps. I've now put it as a .h5m in maps, and I can call up the campaigns in-game, so it looks okay so far. However, there are subtle differences: For example, if you wat...
by Grail Quest
Jul 20 2007, 16:24
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?
Views: 1705

Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?

I was wondering if anyone has already done this: Tweaking the files so that HOF will recognize and allow loading the Original Campaign, to be played with whatever new interface and innovations are in HOF. The individual maps for the Original Campaign are available, and I tried opening the individual...
by Grail Quest
Jul 20 2007, 14:47
Topic: The Queen → The Trap
Replies: 16
Views: 5542

The Queen - The Trap

If you don't stop for anything, you can get to Brightwood by the end of the first week, which means instead of having a fat stack of peasants that do little in combat and generate 1 gp each per day, you can start accumulating city income. I got there on Day 7 of Week 1, and the AI had built a Resour...
by Grail Quest
Jul 19 2007, 23:13
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Barbarian Brothers
Views: 2794

Unholy Alliance → Barbarian Brothers

There seemed to be a lot of time to dally in the starting area, and I still broke through one of the garrisons roughly the same time the AI broke through the other. The AI had a decent but not impossibly huge force, so it's possible to keep accumulating troops and wait for them to clear the garrison...
by Grail Quest
Jul 19 2007, 23:13
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Barbarian Brothers
Views: 2794

Unholy Alliance → Barbarian Brothers

https://www.celestialheavens.com/305
by Grail Quest
Jul 19 2007, 19:22
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Invasion
Views: 4031

Unholy Alliance → Invasion

This turned out to be a straightforward map of Sandro chasing everyone else about, though there were a couple of surprising things: (1) It's possible that the AI is playing a different version of the heroes you were playing earlier. I know the Gelu I was playing had both Fly and Dimension Door, but ...
by Grail Quest
Jul 19 2007, 19:22
Topic: Unholy Alliance → Invasion
Views: 4031

Unholy Alliance → Invasion

https://www.celestialheavens.com/303

Go to advanced search