Search found 181 matches

by Grail Quest
10 Aug 2007, 18:50
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh
Replies: 55
Views: 46646

The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh

61 Archangels!! Are you kidding me?! Dark Magic was absolutely essential, and Implosion came in handy too (combined with a spell power of 29...), to take down Titans and whittle down the Archangels even as they killed the 600+ footmen for me. And the Wraith -- beautiful. It's Harm Touch cleared Godr...
by Grail Quest
10 Aug 2007, 14:57
Forum: Walkthroughs
Topic: The Necromancer → The Regicide
Replies: 6
Views: 12086

The Necromancer → The Regicide

Puppet Master is awesome on this map. Very quickly your army will be big enough that neutrals come at you in only 1-3 stacks. If there's only 1 stack, Puppetmaster it and you are guaranteed to win with no losses. Especially since the 1.5 patch and the Dark Magic Pool, what this scenario could have u...
by Grail Quest
09 Aug 2007, 14:41
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37281

The Necromancer → The Invasion

Tried it again (on Heroic), and oddly enough, the true Orange uber-hero didn't appear until much later after I took Ziyad. Havez was nearby before I took Ziyad, and had a sizable army, so I crushed him first with Markal before moving up to Ziyad with Isabel. Much later came Narxes (a measly level 4,...
by Grail Quest
08 Aug 2007, 15:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necromancer Campaign Bugs
Replies: 4
Views: 2418

Re: if I recall correctly

As I recall, in order to have them show up so early, you need to stay FAR away from the coast. If they "see" you, they make a beeline for the shore and get you before you managed to grab the available undead in the area. When I stayed away from the coast for a while, I was able to get muc...
by Grail Quest
07 Aug 2007, 23:18
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Mod Request - Give 10 free rounds after winning
Replies: 1
Views: 2852

Mod Request - Give 10 free rounds after winning

Hello! Does anyone know if end-of-combat is hard-coded? It seems that there is a delay after all enemies are cleared, suggesting that the game checks for enemies to determine when combat has ended. I was wondering if it were possible to add a few post-combat turns so that Resurrection and Raise Dead...
by Grail Quest
05 Aug 2007, 05:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: RQ: A 100% Save
Replies: 5
Views: 1759

If you're desperate, you can use the Console cheat @Win(), but heroes are not developed. You must go through the campaigns sequentially in order for, say, Isabel to be levelled up when you are in the Necromancer campaigns. If you are desperate to have all the permanent bonuses, give them tons of tro...
by Grail Quest
04 Aug 2007, 15:40
Topic: The Cultist → The Conquest
Replies: 140
Views: 62092

The Cultist → The Conquest

Going into this scenario with Diplomacy helps you recruit the large cerebus stack near the sulfur mine. Going in with Mass Slow is essential for defeating the earth elementals with just sprites. Otherwise, if they split into 3 stacks, they can outmaneuver each stack of sprites one at a time.
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2007, 14:43
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?
Replies: 3
Views: 2083

Problem in Necromancer Campaign Mission 3

Just a warning for anyone else wanting to try playing the original campaign in HOF:
Necromancer Campaign 3 becomes bugged. Cursed Academies do not become Necropolises, but instead become Sylvan treehouses.
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2007, 14:36
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37281

The Necromancer → The Invasion

Oh my God. This mission reminds me of some of the H3:SoD missions in how they are set up -- designed to irritate. In some ways it's worse than even Inferno Mission 3, because on Heroic that one degenerated very quickly so you didn't waste too much time before seeing how futile it was. Like Necromanc...
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2007, 01:06
Topic: The Necromancer → The Attack
Replies: 28
Views: 21121

The Necromancer → The Attack

Tried it again on Heroic and finally beat it. Confusion and Frenzy were absolutely crucial. It will probably be impossible at all difficulty levels to muster a superior force against Hikm. If you @OpenCircleFog to have a look, Hikm and all Orange ships start with the same number of troops on Normal ...
by Grail Quest
02 Aug 2007, 20:41
Topic: The Necromancer → The Attack
Replies: 28
Views: 21121

The Necromancer → The Attack

It's Month 1 Week 4, and Orange still hasn't attempted a beachhead. I wonder if standing too close to shore, or having a too-powerful Godric, has anything to do with it. In any case, I landed Markal on the northern island after darting over more or less straightaway. It did take a reload, I'll admit...
by Grail Quest
01 Aug 2007, 14:52
Topic: Necro Walkthrough Started
Replies: 25
Views: 12309

The Necromancer → The Temptation

Amazingly straightforward mission on Heroic. The Orange Heroes don't always beeline for you, so they are generally easy to avoid. Although stacks grew quite quickly, undead stacks were also plentiful, and next time I might not spend so much time re-visiting creature generators. Having a single large...
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2007, 23:21
Topic: Necropolis Strategy
Replies: 53
Views: 22872

Necropolis Strategy

NOOOOO! This Dark Energy model is stupid! You're presented a choice of units depending on what you kill? How are necromancers supposed to improve stacks in their field army? Say you're walking around with Wraiths and you're presented the option to get a single Wight. DUH! Sure, a wight is better tha...
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2007, 14:28
Topic: Necropolis Strategy
Replies: 53
Views: 22872

Necropolis Strategy

I'm in the early weeks of Necropolis mission 2, and so far, I must say that all this talk about hundreds of skeleton archers is absolute baloney. What am I doing wrong? After a battle, I am offered skeletons about half the time, and of those times I am offered them, only about 1/3rd of the time am I...
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 19:11
Topic: Specter of Power → With Blinders On
Views: 7000

Specter of Power → With Blinders On

If you have Dimension Door, USE IT! If you move quickly enough, you may be able to hit certain scripted areas that give +10 to all stats, obviously meant to boost the enemy heroes. They appear to be near the wood mills, so the AI will typically have triggered them by the time you get to their locati...
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 19:11
Topic: Specter of Power → With Blinders On
Views: 7000

Specter of Power → With Blinders On

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/285
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 14:48
Topic: Specter of Power → Poison Fit for a King
Replies: 10
Views: 12974

Specter of Power → Poison Fit for a King

A single stack of 15-20 Vampire Lords can, on their own, kill many neutral stacks as they reanimate when they drain life from enemies they attack. In this way, you can reserve your forces for a big push later, although you will likely have a severe cash shortage and not be able to buy all the creatu...
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 14:48
Topic: Specter of Power → Poison Fit for a King
Replies: 10
Views: 12974

Specter of Power → Poison Fit for a King

https://www.celestialheavens.com/282
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 14:42
Topic: Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance
Replies: 11
Views: 12710

Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance

If you got Dimension Door from a previous scenario, you can try to short-cut this mission and go for a quick finish. If you walk at the mountain edge southeast of the Stables, you will find a single tile that is accessible. Jump there, then jump again to reach Melodia's castle. Seize it and she will...
by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2007, 14:42
Topic: Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance
Replies: 11
Views: 12710

Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance

https://www.celestialheavens.com/284

Go to advanced search