Search found 181 matches

by Grail Quest
Sep 1 2007, 18:04
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Changing campaign stats of levelled-up characters
Replies: 1
Views: 2167

Figured out Godric. Still working on Shadya.
by Grail Quest
Sep 1 2007, 18:03
Topic: Raise Dead mod
Replies: 9
Views: 10790

Oops! Never mind... I figured it all out through looking at the HOF files.
:D
by Grail Quest
Aug 31 2007, 21:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Does Sorcery help if not casting spells?
Views: 1011

Does Sorcery help if not casting spells?

Sorcery supposedly hastens the hero's turns between casting spells. I was wondering whether it still hastens turns if the hero uses abilities or just makes an attack. For example, would a Ranger with Advanced Sorcery firing off Imbued Arrows get as fast a turn rate as a Ranger with Advanced Sorcery ...
by Grail Quest
Aug 31 2007, 17:06
Topic: Raise Dead mod
Replies: 9
Views: 10790

Hi!

I was wondering how the -20% hit point penalty was removed. I couldn't tell from simply looking through the mod.
I would like to see the mod for HOF as well, because when I put it in Maps, HOF treats Raise Dead as an attack, and it has to be cast on enemy units!
by Grail Quest
Aug 31 2007, 16:43
Topic: new hero classes
Replies: 2
Views: 3975

Re: new hero classes

Is it possible to create new hero classes for each race? I kind of miss the 2-hero type configuration per race from previous games....and I think it woulf be better if we had for each race a might hero and a magic hero, like in heroes 4 for example...for necropolis, as an example, death knight/necr...
by Grail Quest
Aug 31 2007, 15:24
Topic: Changing campaign stats of levelled-up characters
Views: 2167

Changing campaign stats of levelled-up characters

I can change the starting stats of the playable characters in the official campaign, if you start playing the character when they first appear in the campaign (e.g., Isabel starting from Mission 1). I can't seem to change the stats for levelled-up characters, though, like Godric in Haven Mission 5. ...
by Grail Quest
Aug 30 2007, 19:14
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Replies: 28
Views: 11140

The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

An astonishingly easy scenario on Heroic, and almost all the way through you can get by unscathed unless you tangle with an enemy hero, whose actions you generally can't block. Made it to the finish line before the end of Month 1! Shadya actually performed better as she had the option of Puppet Mast...
by Grail Quest
Aug 29 2007, 23:55
Topic: The Return of the Dungeon Guide
Replies: 48
Views: 12541

Dungeon Strategy

I've seen posts here and there about making a Summoning-based Warlock. Does anyone have a good strategy there? How do you overcome the mana costs of the higher-level summoning spells so that you can actually survive to the end of combat, especially when fighting Destruction-based Warlocks?
by Grail Quest
Aug 29 2007, 14:45
Topic: Mod Request - Stunning Effect for every Chain Lightning Jump
Views: 2143

Mod Request - Stunning Effect for every Chain Lightning Jump

Hello!

Since Circle of Winter can freeze all targets in its radius, I feel that Chain Lightning should do the same if you have the associated Destruction ability.

Does anyone know if this feature hardcoded? If not, where are the calculations?
by Grail Quest
Aug 29 2007, 14:30
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 162328

Minotaurs versus Blood Furies

If you field only Minotaurs against multiple stacks of Blood Furies, the Blood Furies will Defend for 2 of their actions before moving.
by Grail Quest
Aug 29 2007, 14:26
Topic: New Walkthrough: The March
Replies: 7
Views: 8555

The Warlock → The March

A surprisingly straightforward mission with a luxurious amount of time to complete it. In fact, I cleared the entire map and exited the maze by the very end of Month 1. I recommend not bothering to use the teleporters at all. Instead, split up and clear the map. Once the map is fully revealed, click...
by Grail Quest
Aug 28 2007, 17:51
Topic: Infiltrate the Dungeon Campaign
Replies: 34
Views: 12598

The Warlock → The Clanlord

By the end of the second mission, Knowledge (plus bonuses from Dungeons) can easily be 10+, so you may want to go for Counterspell or Arcane Insight instead of focussing on mana. In Mission 4, you are given a permanent Knowledge bonus of +7, so you will start that mission with maybe 20 Knowledge and...
by Grail Quest
Aug 28 2007, 15:05
Topic: The Warlock → The Cultists
Replies: 28
Views: 16822

The Warlock → The Cultists

Argh! Found it utterly impossible on Heroic. At the end of Day 1, an Orange hero charges down from Town #1 and kills a chunk of my troops. I can take Town #1 on Day 2, but there are no reinforcements to buy there, and whether I am inside or outside a town, the hero from Town #2 couldn't be defeated....
by Grail Quest
Aug 27 2007, 15:12
Topic: All the Walkthroughs Are Done!
Replies: 33
Views: 14188

The Warlock → The Expansion

Surprisingly straightforward and easy mission on Heroic, after an impossible Mission 1. For the bonuses, I would go with either Cash or Wood. If you start by going the southern path from your castle, you will largely not have to worry about wood at all, so the cash could come in handy very early to ...
by Grail Quest
Aug 20 2007, 23:56
Topic: Heroic only with Freny, PM, or Phantom forces?
Replies: 14
Views: 3745

Re: Heroic only with Freny, PM, or Phantom forces?

Seriously , if you've quit on HMM -V for those reasons, its just plain silly. Maybe you're starting off on heroic your first time through, which might be too much for you if you aren't used to how to play each faction yet. But if thats the case, play it on normal. I mean, c'mon people. Actually, my...
by Grail Quest
Aug 20 2007, 23:51

And as for 61 archangels, if you rush him you face less forces iirc, but its doable. Tough, but doable. Yeah, on the walkthrough, people talk about rushes giving them less Haven reinforcements to fight. But that's just another issue. Just like in SOD, you had to rush almost all the time, only somet...
by Grail Quest
Aug 20 2007, 20:28
Topic: Campaign, necro, last mission, heroic, can't do it
Replies: 12
Views: 3547

Re: .

He doesn't have summoning so he doesn't get the additional units ressurected. While I get Puppet Master, I don't get frenzy and PM can't be used on the angel stack. Trying to get help setting up cheats for version 1.5. I seem to remember PM working on the Angels. Maybe the Champions are dispelling ...
by Grail Quest
Aug 20 2007, 20:22

On Warlock Mission #1, the trick is to move your hero as far away from the other guys, so they'll take on the others first. You then can kill the remaining decimated heroes pretty easily. On Necro 5,- I really had little issues with this mission, but yeah it can be build dependant. It depends on a....
by Grail Quest
Aug 20 2007, 14:36

I'm finding that in each Heroic mission, I'm now doing the second Warlock mission, that the other side always has a bigger army, and cannot be beaten unless I have some sort of crowd control spell (frenzy, puppet master), or Phantom forces to double one of my stacks. Is this the case through the wh...
by Grail Quest
Aug 12 2007, 16:14
Topic: Infiltrate the Dungeon Campaign
Replies: 34
Views: 12598

The Warlock → The Clanlord

Just started this mission, and I must say on Heroic, it is truly idiotic. EVERY stack around me is in the 50-99 range. The weakest are Imps, and they drain Raelag of mana immediately, so he can't help much. I can clear some stacks, but it's a week before I can get more units and unless I clear stack...

Go to advanced search