Search found 181 matches

by Grail Quest
30 Jul 2009, 00:57
Forum: Articles
Topic: Wulfstan's Defiance - Laszlo
Replies: 27
Views: 24113

Wulfstan's Defiance - Laszlo

I didn't have Ignite, but my Wulfstan build was going for the Ultimate and I had Phoenix and Firewall going in. My troops were slightly reinforced with basic Defenders and an additional 27 berserkers (after upgrading). Took town B at the very end of Week 2. Lazslo came charging out from east and I t...
by Grail Quest
27 Jul 2009, 16:16
Topic: Fortress Walkthrough Complete
Replies: 22
Views: 15210

Wulfstan's Defiance - The Guerrillas

Update - SUPER easy on Normal. I reach the castle after leisurely reaching the level cap and visiting all stat bonuses and after having half my army smashed in the Dragon Utopia shortly after exiting the underworld. Valeria had 36 Crossbowmen, 5 Champions, 7 Battle Griffins, 106 Brutes, 10 Zealots, ...
by Grail Quest
27 Jul 2009, 03:01
Topic: Fortress Walkthrough Complete
Replies: 22
Views: 15210

Wulfstan's Defiance - The Guerrillas

I'm playing this mission in ToE using a mod, and so far I think the defender stack is a script error, because it looks like you are meant to follow Helmar out East, go NW and smash your army against the Dragon Utopia, pick up the Magma Dragon and carefully fight with magic (plus whatever troops you ...
by Grail Quest
27 Jul 2009, 02:56
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 75600

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

Zehir's ultimate comes way too late. On the way, you can get a lot of mileage out of developing other magic to Expert. Plus, having everything at Expert doesn't mean you can cast it all at once. You're still limited by your Initiative, and specializing in a couple of magic skills is generally enough...
by Grail Quest
26 Jul 2009, 17:51

Oops. You're right. I forgot I was using a mod. I didn't want to play more than the campaign and I wanted to play the class specials. It's irritating that you get the specials often in the very late game. I didn't manage to get Zehir any Arcane Omni, for example, not even during the final mission. :-(
by Grail Quest
20 Jul 2009, 22:33
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan
Replies: 8
Views: 10103

Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan

On Normal, if you rush at the very start for Duncan and catch him before the end of week 2 day 1 (before he has 2 weeks of troops), even playing so-so you can defeat him and take his nice castle, all built up except for monk upgrade, Cavaliers and Angels. I recommend taking the damage sponge vindica...
by Grail Quest
20 Jul 2009, 21:42

Er... maybe scratch that. The words were obscured by +____XP text. Might have been spell learned. Not sure anymore.
by Grail Quest
20 Jul 2009, 21:37

For (very) early victory, the key seems to be to collect the various free peasants and upgrade them to red haven brutes. They become the primary damage dealers and blockers, jamming Duncan's units at the gate while your ranged units attack. There was a very fast "special award" note when y...
by Grail Quest
15 Jul 2009, 02:33
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 35253

The Triumvirate

Started playing this campaign by taking the Haven towns and garrisons -- oops. On 1.5 Normal, there were only a couple of Teal heroes and the AI didn't recruit more. Also, I could only recruit one hero and no more.
by Grail Quest
15 Jul 2009, 02:27
Topic: The Mage → The Liberation
Replies: 29
Views: 18354

The Mage → The Liberation

Just some notes: In later patches (I was playing Normal on 1.5) the AI no longer tries to target summonned creatures, but the sacrifice units for elemental replacements strategy is still sound. The AI doesn't build up its cities much, not even LoreKeep or Newpost. If you can take Al Safir first, you...
by Grail Quest
12 Jul 2009, 00:54
Topic: Academy Walkthrough Started
Replies: 16
Views: 9076

The Mage → The Defiant Mage

If you're not trying for level 5 spells in the town, then this can either be a rush map to grab the castle, or a stealth map. On my first try, I found the heroes turned away from the garrison and wandered in their own territory. This means there's a chance you can stealthily make a dash for the cast...
by Grail Quest
11 Jul 2009, 01:21

Oops -- turns out Nicolai didn't attack the garrison hero because he wasn't standing outside at the time. Nicolai ressurrects right outside a town, so if there's anyone standing there, it's automatic combat. Gawd, that makes this mission tedious.
by Grail Quest
11 Jul 2009, 00:47

An incredibly tedious but easy map on NORMAL, IF you rush. The Key is Raven's necropolis--It starts nearly fully built up. I rushed and built only archers and some druids in the Sylvan town, took the garrison, and then went through the portal. She appeared at the edge of Findan's vision. If you're l...
by Grail Quest
05 Jul 2009, 18:36
Topic: The Ranger → The Defense
Replies: 33
Views: 27335

The Ranger - The Defense

After a long hiatus, I came back to slowly finish off H5, picking up where I left off at the Sylvan Campaigns. On my first attempt at NORMAL (after trying the Dungeon campaign on Heroic, I quit that frustrating sometimes impossible-for-me difficulty), I noticed two things: (1) You start with more or...
by Grail Quest
10 Jul 2008, 16:19
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: First impressions on the mod
Replies: 0
Views: 1495

First impressions on the mod

Foreword to my first impressions of this Mod: First, despite whatever I say below, I do want to assure you that I have great respect for anyone who commits the amount of time and effort into making a significant mod. I have worked on mods before, for DS, DS2, and Morrowind, and to see a change throu...
by Grail Quest
10 Jul 2008, 15:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 544
Views: 412561

Fully agree with Vilx point of viev. At the starting point things seems to be very easy. However just visit Barrow Downs and you will see some "nice" creatures in reasonable numbers. 4 Carnage bows are just to "must" have. And, of course, promotions are essential. IMO, whenever ...
by Grail Quest
09 Jul 2008, 16:43
Forum: News
Topic: Flamestryke: In Memoriam
Replies: 27
Views: 15980

Flamestryke: In Memoriam

Thank you, Flamestryke, for all the work you did on MM. * It's a strange feeling to hear that someone has passed away when all you know of them is a callsign on the web. There's something impersonal and distanced and immortal about it. Sometimes I forget about the person behind the name. I suppose M...
by Grail Quest
09 Sep 2007, 20:49
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37897

The Necromancer → The Invasion

Recently replayed it, again on Heroic, and it was way easier this time. Took the western town first (Isabel took to sea early and found that landing for him, whereupon he immediately blitzed in that direction), then the northwestern one. Quickly hopped on the boat and went to take down Talanar, then...
by Grail Quest
06 Sep 2007, 20:07
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Necromancer Campaign Map 2 - Godric level reset
Replies: 1
Views: 2879

Fixed, but don't know why

I managed to fix Godric's level-reset in Necromancer map 2, but -- and this is the very strange part -- I can remove the mod, and it still works. Initially, I thought it was related to the "overridemask" value set for Godric. In C3M1, this value was 0, and Godric appears. Since that map ha...
by Grail Quest
02 Sep 2007, 17:21
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Necromancer Campaign Map 2 - Godric level reset
Replies: 1
Views: 2879

Necromancer Campaign Map 2 - Godric level reset

Hello!

Does anyone know how to _not_ reset Godric's level to 10 in the Necromancer campaign? I can't seem to find an explicit mention of it in the scripts, else I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thanks!

Go to advanced search