Search found 3481 matches

by jeff
03 Oct 2017, 04:48
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)
Replies: 8
Views: 6681

Re: Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)

One his last posts he mentioned serious health problems. So we can hope for the best. Robehagen sent me a PM, several years ago, he was considering putting a group together to finish the map. But nothing came of it. I think he had .96.
by jeff
02 Oct 2017, 11:45
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)
Replies: 8
Views: 6681

Re: Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)

That's a shame but there are many maps out that suffer the same fate. Old timers may remember GhostWriter, the second map I ever playtested was his the City version .92. Health issues intervened and it was never finished. It was a great piece of work but just not done.
by jeff
28 Sep 2017, 11:56
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Add mirrored map objects
Replies: 33
Views: 32848

Re: Add mirrored map objects

Actually the one thing that would be nice is if additional heroes could be packed into a file and added to the data folder like the new_mod.h4r file. My biggest issue is I am running out of heroes to customize. Since all three campaigns (assuming I finish the third) are a continuing story; I am care...
by jeff
25 Sep 2017, 04:46

Well I will try to continue to monitor the developments; I'm hoping that all the mods will be as compatible as possible. As far as my campaign goes; it has been tough just trying to unwind where I was going and at the same time deciding how to get there. Most of my time has just been staring at the ...
by jeff
19 Sep 2017, 07:40

Good news indeed; I've started to dabble again on my unfinished campaign. Once I relearn why I scripted things the way I did, I can move forward. Then I will have to wade through the different mods out there and see what's compatible with what. That is equilibris, the HD mod and the Heroes IV greate...
by jeff
19 Aug 2017, 17:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: I have issues with my h4
Replies: 15
Views: 7389

Re: I have issues with my h4

I am sure there are those who can give you some help. To aid them they will need to know is it the standard Heroes IV, or is it Gathering Storm or Winds of War. Before applying any patches you need to know that. At https://www.celestialheavens.com/homam-iv you can find a complete list of patches inc...
by jeff
17 Jul 2017, 01:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map Editing from Scratch in MM6-8 Engine?
Replies: 5
Views: 3870

Re: Map Editing from Scratch in MM6-8 Engine?

I do not know the answer, but it has been done. The Chaos Conspiracy being one. One of the more knowledgeable individuals is GrayFace; he has published patches and has aided several people who have tinkered with those 3 games. You might PM him or just continue to wait here. The forums aren't visited...
by jeff
21 Jun 2017, 21:07
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself
Replies: 303
Views: 162409

Re: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself

Hello and welcome! The forum is a bit quiet now, but there are many individuals willing to help you should you ever need it.
by jeff
14 Jun 2017, 20:30
Topic: How immigration works in your country?
Views: 4085

Re: How immigration works in your country?

This may be a very interesting topic; let's however, keep any political vitriol out and maintain civility. I am thinking about a lot of my own country citizens; who have extreme views.
by jeff
01 Jun 2017, 19:52
Forum: News
Topic: Might and Magic E3?
Replies: 4
Views: 4033

Re: Might and Magic E3?

One reason the MM communities are barely hanging on is the fact UBI tells us nothing in advance. So if nothing is heard from company sources; there is little chance we know anything.
by jeff
30 May 2017, 21:06
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 194182

Re: In Memoriam...

Since we are mentioning musicians; Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers and former husband of Cher; died May 27, 2017
by jeff
26 May 2017, 00:34
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 194182

Re: In Memoriam...

Many sad losses already this year; now Sir Roger Moore as well. A different but enjoyable 007; and the Saint.

Nice to see you pop in now and then HP.
by jeff
17 Apr 2017, 15:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!
Replies: 21
Views: 41078

Re: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!

Looks very interesting; how is it with win 10?
by jeff
14 Mar 2017, 15:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Maestro mod new class?
Replies: 1
Views: 2554

Re: Maestro mod new class?

And unfortunately as I recall Maestro was a student in an Ukrainian Academy; so I suspect he is a bit too busy to check in here very often.
by jeff
01 Feb 2017, 22:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 25049

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Well if he does, I hope UBI is no longer the owner. As long as UBI holds the rights; I do not believe even JVC can save it. They will not give him the time and resources necessary for success.
by jeff
01 Jan 2017, 15:09
Forum: News
Topic: Christmas 2016
Views: 5125

Re: Christmas 2016

Best wishes to everyone and let's hope 2017 brings a renewed interest in the games that brought us here.
by jeff
24 Dec 2016, 17:51
Topic: project status
Replies: 76
Views: 77783

Re: project status

I am sorry to say I am unfamiliar with the Heroes IV 4 HD effort. However I am intrigued. If equilibris is or becomes part of the project, and if there is an editor that will import the older non-HD maps. I probably could be induced to finish my Dragon’s Fate prequel to be part of the overall releas...
by jeff
07 Dec 2016, 17:09
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 15911

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

This has been extensively discussed here here; I don't believe anything of importance has changed.
by jeff
03 Nov 2016, 00:52
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games
Replies: 3
Views: 5437

Re: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games

Well I will miss seeing you around; with UBI continually releasing uninspired MM titles, and not supplying heroes communities with current information to keep people interested; they have all but killed the fan sites. Far too many of our old regulars rarely even visit. I hope, when you do decide to ...

Go to advanced search