Search found 3474 matches

by jeff
Jul 17 2017, 1:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map Editing from Scratch in MM6-8 Engine?
Replies: 5
Views: 2230

Re: Map Editing from Scratch in MM6-8 Engine?

I do not know the answer, but it has been done. The Chaos Conspiracy being one. One of the more knowledgeable individuals is GrayFace; he has published patches and has aided several people who have tinkered with those 3 games. You might PM him or just continue to wait here. The forums aren't visited...
by jeff
Jun 21 2017, 21:07
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself
Replies: 303
Views: 118349

Re: Welcome! Come and introduce yourself

Hello and welcome! The forum is a bit quiet now, but there are many individuals willing to help you should you ever need it.
by jeff
Jun 14 2017, 20:30
Topic: How immigration works in your country?
Views: 2330

Re: How immigration works in your country?

This may be a very interesting topic; let's however, keep any political vitriol out and maintain civility. I am thinking about a lot of my own country citizens; who have extreme views.
by jeff
Jun 1 2017, 19:52
Forum: News
Topic: Might and Magic E3?
Replies: 4
Views: 2288

Re: Might and Magic E3?

One reason the MM communities are barely hanging on is the fact UBI tells us nothing in advance. So if nothing is heard from company sources; there is little chance we know anything.
by jeff
May 30 2017, 21:06
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 359
Views: 98328

Re: In Memoriam...

Since we are mentioning musicians; Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers and former husband of Cher; died May 27, 2017
by jeff
May 26 2017, 0:34
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 359
Views: 98328

Re: In Memoriam...

Many sad losses already this year; now Sir Roger Moore as well. A different but enjoyable 007; and the Saint.

Nice to see you pop in now and then HP.
by jeff
Apr 17 2017, 15:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!
Replies: 21
Views: 28454

Re: Heroes IV Greatest Mod 016 Full Released!

Looks very interesting; how is it with win 10?
by jeff
Mar 14 2017, 15:40
Topic: Maestro mod new class?
Replies: 1
Views: 1674

Re: Maestro mod new class?

And unfortunately as I recall Maestro was a student in an Ukrainian Academy; so I suspect he is a bit too busy to check in here very often.
by jeff
Feb 1 2017, 22:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 17521

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Well if he does, I hope UBI is no longer the owner. As long as UBI holds the rights; I do not believe even JVC can save it. They will not give him the time and resources necessary for success.
by jeff
Jan 1 2017, 15:09
Topic: Christmas 2016
Views: 3233

Re: Christmas 2016

Best wishes to everyone and let's hope 2017 brings a renewed interest in the games that brought us here.
by jeff
Dec 24 2016, 17:51
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: project status
Replies: 67
Views: 38366

Re: project status

I am sorry to say I am unfamiliar with the Heroes IV 4 HD effort. However I am intrigued. If equilibris is or becomes part of the project, and if there is an editor that will import the older non-HD maps. I probably could be induced to finish my Dragon’s Fate prequel to be part of the overall releas...
by jeff
Dec 7 2016, 17:09
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 9796

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

This has been extensively discussed here here; I don't believe anything of importance has changed.
by jeff
Nov 3 2016, 0:52
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games
Replies: 3
Views: 2223

Re: My last post – A Plea For Smarter Games

Well I will miss seeing you around; with UBI continually releasing uninspired MM titles, and not supplying heroes communities with current information to keep people interested; they have all but killed the fan sites. Far too many of our old regulars rarely even visit. I hope, when you do decide to ...
by jeff
Oct 29 2016, 19:35
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Heroes 4 equilibris v3.51
Replies: 30
Views: 14493

Re: Heroes 4 equilibris v3.51

Dalai wrote:Try the trick with removing equi.aop. I don't know why it works, but sometimes it does. Let us know how it turns out.

That actually works for with Win10, I never had that problem with Win7.
by jeff
Oct 26 2016, 20:43
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 18118

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

Alright everyone; it's time to take a breath. No harm right now and I am not censoring or admonishing anyone. Let's just be careful and try and stay respectful.
by jeff
Oct 20 2016, 20:25
Topic: Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility
Replies: 284
Views: 72492

Re: Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility

Since this thread is so long; it would be helpful if you posted the link in the post announcing the new update. Sorry I am old, and I have no idea where I downloaded it last time. :(
by jeff
Oct 10 2016, 19:23
Topic: HOMMIV bandits
Replies: 2
Views: 1336

Re: HOMMIV bandits

It depends on the scouting skill level of the hero. I forget exactly each level's affect but a hero with scouting can detect them at various ranges.
by jeff
Oct 8 2016, 2:38
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 15762

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

I did in fact mean that; though many of us have ignored it; we can't deny it happened. :S
by jeff
Oct 7 2016, 16:39
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 15762

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

Well, this could be a good thing? But they only mention Heroes. That's because MM the RPG is dead. UBI is not willing to invest the time or money necessary to produce a quality product. Good RPGs are expensive, take a lot of development, and the return would probably be less than if the money was i...
by jeff
Sep 19 2016, 23:14
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H4: Event Teleport?
Replies: 14
Views: 17254

Re: H4: Event Teleport?

:D

Go to advanced search