Search found 3481 matches

by jeff
05 Feb 2006, 21:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Changes to make Heroes 5 buyable
Replies: 45
Views: 21823

[ Having to restrict yourself due to no physical space is at least a bit more "realistic". The problem is of course that this one of the more abstract parts of the game, so any limit can be seen as illogical if one wishes. I would agree with that if the limit was the terrain of the battle...
by jeff
05 Feb 2006, 20:52

Okay, by being brief I implied that low level units should be impotent and near worthless, and nothing could be farther from the truth. Many games give special abilities to the weaker unit, even in the board game Stratego the most powerful unit (the Marshall) could be taken only by the weakest (the ...
by jeff
05 Feb 2006, 02:44

Re: Changes to make Heroes 5 buyable

I challenge the first point. The fact that you can't bring 7 2x2 units means that you have to bring smaller ones. Smaller ones are lowlevel. The change means that lowlevel units get a very profound advantage. As for the Manes: check here Okay, making lowlevel units more powerful is a good idea why?...
by jeff
04 Feb 2006, 18:59
Topic: Heroes on battlefield
Replies: 109
Views: 37247

I as I said a hotly debated issue, and many did like the heroes there, it was unfortunate that 3DO rushed H-IV out before the play balancing was improved. Alas the issue is settled for now, and I for one like take it either way. :proud:
by jeff
04 Feb 2006, 18:54
Topic: Any word on a Map Editor?
Replies: 16
Views: 9459

Map Editor included it is, RMG may also be included but Campaign Editors future hard to see it is ;| I am afraid you may be right, unfortunately that is probably a buy / no buy issue for me at least until a fan makes one which is a possibility. It certainly can not be as tough as some of the mods t...
by jeff
04 Feb 2006, 02:45
Topic: Heroes on battlefield
Replies: 109
Views: 37247

Actually heroes appearing on battlefield as normal units was one of the most hated feauters in HoMMIV By some perhaps but there were as many who were just as empathetic about leaving them on the battlefield. It certainly was one of the most debated features with both side represented by very passio...
by jeff
03 Feb 2006, 18:46
Forum: News
Topic: New Blood for the Heavens
Replies: 13
Views: 5187

New Blood for the Heavens

Wimfrits would certainly be a better choice than I, however now that Dragon's Fate is almost complete (by the end of the month, please, please, please), if I can help let me know.
by jeff
03 Feb 2006, 14:06

Does anyone actually use the random map generator? I have used the Heroes IV RMG as a start for maps in my campaign. While they need a lot of editing and changing, they have saved me some time in some of the minor terrain details. It has also allowed me to picturize some of the maps, but other than...
by jeff
03 Feb 2006, 14:02
Topic: New Blood for the Heavens
Replies: 13
Views: 5187

New Blood for the Heavens

Angelspit I echo your concerns and wishes, I tested his map ‘The City’ over two years ago and even in that stage of development it was destined to be a great map. It was certainly one of the best if not the best map I had played (and I normally do not play single map games), I hope his health improv...
by jeff
02 Feb 2006, 23:56

Re: Any word on a Map Editor?

Has anyone heard anything about a map editor? There is another thread on this topic farther down, it appears that a map editor will be included with the game, but my concern is there may be no campaign editor included. Hopefully they will realize that additional capability is not difficult and it w...
by jeff
02 Feb 2006, 18:00
Topic: Suggestions for Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 3764

Re: Suggestions for Mods

Also I have heard so many times that people say blah blah so I won't buy this game. First most (but not all) of those issues have been about features that were implied as being part of the game and now UBI has backpedaled. As far as for suggesting mods, we need to see what really ships with the gam...
by jeff
30 Jan 2006, 00:03
Topic: News Supression Pact
Replies: 128
Views: 37254

News Supression Pact

@Echo "Because it'll KILL the series. There's simply no doubt on that point." This series will never be killed could you explain how you think it will be. Come on, it’s not too hard to imagine, I stated earlier whether you liked Heroes IV or not, it and its expansions were a marketing disa...
by jeff
29 Jan 2006, 18:55

News Supression Pact

I enjoyed Heroes IV, but by most standards it was a disappointment and along with the failure of M&M 9, this franchise's future may well depend on a good showing by Heroes V. I do not believe either UBI's or our interests will be served by a rushed release, and sorry any publicity is not good pu...
by jeff
29 Jan 2006, 18:34
Topic: Jon van Caneghem
Replies: 15
Views: 9255

Me too! :-D Especially the last episodes of WIII Campaign against Lord Bane was uber-thrilling. B-) And making own units in WII, that was something special (and not likely to come back in times of 3D). I liked WIV also, what a selection of races and units! But you are right, the campaign crashed qu...
by jeff
29 Jan 2006, 18:28

News Supression Pact

This move of course is a two edged sword. I agree completely with the motives behind it. UBI has already backtracked on features thought to have been promised by saying we never confirmed that in an official announcement, while at the same time not denying either. At some point these types of wishy ...
by jeff
27 Jan 2006, 18:49
Topic: Updated Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed
Replies: 39
Views: 10421

Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed

Thanks a55a55in, too bad I was hoping UBI had woke up and realized eliminating all of the previous heroes was ridiculous. I guess stupidity still reins supreme.
by jeff
26 Jan 2006, 19:22
Topic: Updated Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed
Replies: 39
Views: 10421

Heroes Skills/Abilities and Creatures Revealed

You said some favorites returned, were they heroes or skills. I looked and did not see any hero list.
by jeff
25 Jan 2006, 22:13
Topic: Great Graphics so far........Ah So What
Replies: 51
Views: 22161

I guess, with each addon, they intend to provide a full set of campaigns. Allowing us to make our own would probably lower the profit they could expect from it. It takes some time to make a good campaign, and the devs in Nival are paid to do it, so it's a financial issue they have to think about ca...
by jeff
25 Jan 2006, 01:05
Topic: Jon van Caneghem
Replies: 15
Views: 9255

JoniJM wrote: Steve Fawkner, father of the Warlords series (making Warlords V at the same time actually :rofl: ).
I loved Warlord I - III, let's hope he does a better job on V than was done on Warlords IV. UBI association with that poor product was what concerned me most about UBI owning the M&M franchise.
by jeff
24 Jan 2006, 17:07
Topic: Map Editor?
Replies: 20
Views: 13203

Re: Map editor will be included

Campaigner wrote: "Experience everlasting adventure thanks to the map editor provided." - Quote from the site.
I did and it does, so if we can stir enough interest, we might be able to get them to release a campaign editor with it. :D

Go to advanced search