Search found 356 matches

by Sir Charles
24 Nov 2007, 16:02
Forum: Articles
Topic: Final Walkthroughs Completed
Replies: 44
Views: 20996

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Dark

For me, one of the biggest changes for Academy HAS to be the fact that MotW now works with area effect spells. Double-casting a circle of winter on several dragon stacks is a beautiful thing to see for a wizard.
by Sir Charles
17 Nov 2007, 21:50
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One
Replies: 90
Views: 43461

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

I just wanted to add something to this thread. That battle with Lethos was my first time seeing that new combat screen. The combat on the vista of the cliffside was simply beautiful. Kudos to Nival on MANY little additions that added to the atmosphere. Nicely done. (and yes, this was a TOUGH sceneri...
by Sir Charles
01 Nov 2007, 23:49
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Artifact Set Bug
Replies: 23
Views: 7282

Artifact Set Bug

*grin* I was wondering the same thing. I haven't had time to test it out yet though. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it worked.
by Sir Charles
31 Oct 2007, 18:37
Topic: Artifact Set Bug
Replies: 23
Views: 7282

Artifact Set Bug

Speaking of bugs, here's another one. If you've got expert enlightenment and then visit the memory mentor and dump enlightenment...you still keep all those extra stat points.
by Sir Charles
27 Oct 2007, 14:42
Topic: Capturing Gorgons
Replies: 37
Views: 11241

Capturing Gorgons

And when SoD was released they added stakes (a pallisade) just outside the castle walls and greatly reduced (or eliminated, I can't recall) the terrain obstacles. Clearer Laby?
by Sir Charles
23 Oct 2007, 00:11
Topic: Open Letter to Brett Todd
Replies: 59
Views: 24055

Tribe of the East ￾¨ A Murder of Crows

AS....you're a bad, bad ogre. :O)
by Sir Charles
20 Oct 2007, 14:34
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5
Replies: 126
Views: 36448

GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5

Quote from review: "For example, the new bloodeyed cyclops plays much like the Sylvan treant"

I think that says it all, doesn't it? Give me a HUGE break.
by Sir Charles
17 Oct 2007, 19:50
Topic: TotE Is Out
Replies: 198
Views: 33081

Tribes of the East is Out

Without any incident?!?

*looks down...down...and even further down*

Ummm...okay then. Yep, no incidents. :O)
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 23:29
Topic: A Solid Review of Might & Magic II
Replies: 19
Views: 6176

A Solid Review of Might & Magic II

What are you talking about? The Dos version has the minimap (automapper) feature too. Of course you have to get certain things first. Cartography or Eagle eye or Wizards eye or the clairvoyance fountain. MM1 was very interesting considering the time it came out at. MM2 was leaps and bounds ahead of ...
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 21:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 17665

Yeah, I've checked around everywhere I can think of in my area (US-Texas). It's being shipped today and available for sale tomorrow (17th). Oh well. One more day.
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 21:20
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Funny M&M2 Review
Replies: 7
Views: 3498

Well, I don't want to get into THAT debate. Let's just say that it's still not something you want to promote. That's all.
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 21:15

Quote by TT: "Ok, you wanted it more inflexible... but that's only part of it's look... and have you seen how it moves? Why does it have toy articulation?! And it's Notre Dame... how can that not be what you think of?! I mean heck, the word gargoyle itself comes from the french gargouille ... ...
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 03:15
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 202951

I agree. I'm one of those strange souls who re-reads each previous novel with the release of the next one. Considering the multiple years in-between books...I guess it's not THAT wierd. So...EotW...I've read 11 (going on 12) times.
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 02:28
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 202951

Just started re-reading the Eye of the World (Wheel of Time series). Hearing about Robert Jordan passing away just made me feel the need. I was depressed all day after hearing about that.
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 02:21

ohhhh....I don't know about that AS. Yes, it was funny....but promoting something THAT foul? Well, it's your call. Better put a HUGE warning at the top of it if you do.
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 02:18
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 21416

The most notable was the first inclusion of automapping. MM2 was the first game to use that....not just the first MM game. The days of playing RPG's with a notepad of graph-paper was a thing of the past. Also the introduction of skills. The introduction of Hirelings or playable-NPC's. Lots of other ...
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 01:02
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 21416

M&M 2. Without a doubt. That game introduced so many new features to RPG's it still amazes me to this day. Second on my list would have to be M&M 6 (Mandate). Yeah, 7 built on the great innovations of 6, but for shear scope...mandate was a VERY formidible RPG. M&M 9 and Dark Messiah....s...
by Sir Charles
16 Oct 2007, 00:55

Very, very funny. But I don't care what he says....it's a great game.
by Sir Charles
15 Oct 2007, 21:44

Quote from TT: "Actually not really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle H4 probably came closest..." ---------------------------- No, no, no. H4 is nearly identical to both h2 & h3's. Much, much too flexible to be believable as stone IMO. Not to mention too thin (wings & finger...
by Sir Charles
15 Oct 2007, 19:40

Quote by TT: "Are you implying that the current Garg isn't done in a fake Gothic style? And the point was that you have awful taste... man that gargoyle sucks... :tongue: " ------------------------------------ JJ's not alone there. I also like the gargoyle. It actually LOOKS like a gargoy...

Go to advanced search