Search found 135 matches

by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 17:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Treant Idea
Replies: 3
Views: 1677

The idea has merit, I'll give you that. It would have to be an activated ability, if it were implemented in the current game, though I think such an idea is interesting for a HoMM VI, and gives rise to other creatures having bonuses and penalties for various terrains, such as mounted units suffering...
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 16:20
Topic: Something Worrying to think about
Replies: 17
Views: 5892

As far as managing the bugs and patching in this game, I don't think it will improve any time soon (if at all). I think the format for the patching is inherant in the overall programming and organization of the files in general and can't be fixed very easily at this point in time. I think our best h...
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 15:43
Topic: About bone dragons & wights
Replies: 32
Views: 8310

I agree about the flying idea. That would be a good thing. Instead of remove enchantments, what about an aura of fear to go with Harm Touch?
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 15:41
Topic: Difference between attack and damage?
Replies: 7
Views: 7978

Thanks alot. :)
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 15:17
Topic: Difference between attack and damage?
Replies: 7
Views: 7978

As long as we're discussing this topic, what IS the formula for a greater defense rating when figuring damage. Thanks.
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 21:37
Topic: 2.1 - Necropolis Improvement or Killer?
Replies: 5
Views: 2330

As I see it, it is compensation for the ridiculously high costs of the building structures for at best mediocre top level units. If the units were brought up to the same level of usefulness as other top level units, I would agree with you.
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 21:18
Topic: 2.1 - Necropolis Improvement or Killer?
Replies: 5
Views: 2330

I love the new skill. My only real complaint with the necro has to do with the worthlessness of the top level units, the wraiths and bone dragons. They simply aren't worth the costs. Something needs to be done about this.
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 21:14
Topic: Make dwarves a might faction!
Replies: 18
Views: 3625

That was a cool feature. The difficulty is, of course, making both heroes classes worth choosing. If some classes, as in a previous HoMM, were clearly an advantage, it wouldn't change things too much. This idea will probably not make it into the HoMM V game. However, an easy feature to add would be ...
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 20:14
Topic: About bone dragons & wights
Replies: 32
Views: 8310

I agree completely about the bone dragons. I like the idea about a melee reduction, though perhaps when they become spectral, they can have an ability similar to the spectres, but with a higher chance of happening, something like 60 or 70 percent of the time. The cursing idea is probably the best id...
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 19:59
Topic: Make dwarves a might faction!
Replies: 18
Views: 3625

If this game were more in the image of HoMM IV (faction wise), we wouldn't be having this discussion simply because there was an all might faction (no magic) in that game. HoMM III had factions that leaned more to might or magic, but no town was really without any kind of magic. What has been sugges...
by Starbatron
22 Feb 2007, 19:54
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30525

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. What happened to all the neutral towns for expansion? So much of this game revolves around combatting an enemy hero but with little room to find neutral cities to expand and add another layer to the adventure map decisions.
by Starbatron
20 Feb 2007, 18:12

The problem is not that changes and new ideas can't be implemented and balanced well, but that companies often rush games out today without the proper amount of time to streamline and polish the game. Thus, you have HoMM V, which is correcting mistakes that should have been corrected before its init...
by Starbatron
19 Feb 2007, 19:48

Honestly, if you look at each HoMM game, you'll find that while many things are similar, each game does more than just add a few spells, new neutral monsters, and most maps and a big campaign. HoMM II was different than there, factions were added and changed, new creatures for each faction were adde...
by Starbatron
16 Feb 2007, 20:51
Topic: Nival's latest spelling error :)
Replies: 29
Views: 9420

I had also noticed this, but I figure we'll just have to put up with all these wonderful spellings, considering they are from Russia and probably didn't have the sense to hire a native speaker. Such a pity!! :ill:
by Starbatron
16 Feb 2007, 20:40

I think I understand the point you were making, tumorbane, which isn't quite that you want a clone (though if you do, I have to agree with TT), but that changing too much at once can lead to some major difficulties. Of course, if games were given a decent amount of time to be debugged and streamline...
by Starbatron
16 Feb 2007, 17:55

I somewhat agree. I think the core of the game should remain the same; after all, that is what makes HoMM unique from other games. However, the interplay of skills (hero and creature alike), the magic system, things of that nature can be played with some without too much fear. I don't think we shoul...
by Starbatron
16 Feb 2007, 16:37
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21262

Sadly, my one time favorite throughout most of the series became my least favorite...Academy. While the racial special is cool, I can't stand the aesthetics nor the odd creature types...the Djinn that can't take a hit, the Mage that do good damage but are rather flimsy...too much for me to dislike. ...
by Starbatron
15 Feb 2007, 20:33

I'm with you there Sauron (never thought I'd hear myself say that about "Sauron"). Each game has its own unique charms. There should be no bashing here. We need only constructive criticism...not that it gets noticed as much as it should.
by Starbatron
15 Feb 2007, 20:04
Topic: In case you missed it.
Replies: 22
Views: 8910

It would make sense that you couldn't play it on a map without ocean, but that would also take some of the usefulness out of it as well. Would a developer make something that would require that much development as a town that couldn't be used in all the maps? You have brought up a dilemma. Perhaps t...
by Starbatron
15 Feb 2007, 19:56

The loyalty idea is interesting, though something similar has been done in AOW. It would certainly add some depth, though I am not completely sure how I feel about it being a part of HoMM.

Go to advanced search