Search found 135 matches

by Starbatron
13 Mar 2007, 12:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30319

My complaint was not in reference to borrowing from other games, but rather from creating a large number of drone games that all feel the exact same. What reason would there be to buy a game that is a replica of another game with the only difference being the universe/storyline? It's not as if the s...
by Starbatron
12 Mar 2007, 19:07

I am torn about the experience idea... ;| On the one hand, it would make for some interesting strategy, but on the other hand, how many other games are out there that use this very same concept...would it make Heroes blur into the mob of other such games? :sceptic:
by Starbatron
12 Mar 2007, 15:47
Topic: The Amphibian Race
Replies: 23
Views: 9715

Yes, I see, which leads us back in the same circle. Drowning an undead creatures makes no sense. A different balancing mechanism should be used, as that makes no sense. But perhaps we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue. Cheerio. :rofl:
by Starbatron
09 Mar 2007, 15:41

I am trying to understand how this is a global balance system...it appears, from the listing of each level (poor, standard, etc) that what you've done is make the attack and defense slightly random rather than definite. I am not sure that truly helps alot in balancing things. How would that work in ...
by Starbatron
09 Mar 2007, 15:26
Topic: Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?
Replies: 9
Views: 5002

I don't know that the dwarves are really at any kind of disadvantage without it. It seems that may be a little overpowered compared to some of the other factions, though perhaps that means the other factions that are weaker should be brought up to their level, rather than nerfing them to bring them ...
by Starbatron
08 Mar 2007, 15:18

While I understand your concern, it is little different than the necro ability not working on other undead creature or on elemental or mechanical creatures. Does it put that ability as a disadvantage against necro? Only in terms to raising creatures, but the combat abilities are still just as effect...
by Starbatron
07 Mar 2007, 19:25

Ah, good...and undead? I can't help but lament...yet another level seven unit far superior to the necro spectral dragon...curses :sad:
by Starbatron
07 Mar 2007, 15:36
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21094

I may have to reconsider. Playing as humans is always quite dull for me in most games...
by Starbatron
07 Mar 2007, 15:34

Yes, this makes complete sense. Now, if we can only get Ubival to listen to this for the next game... :wall:
by Starbatron
07 Mar 2007, 15:25

I like this town, though the drowning effect shouldn't work on undead. After all, how do you "drown" something that is already dead? For that matter, mechanical creatures can't really drown either...
by Starbatron
05 Mar 2007, 15:50
Topic: What Needs to be Balanced
Replies: 15
Views: 4876

I agree with many of the ideas given in this post; something needs to be done to balance the heroes out a little bit. Why have eight heroes when half of them (at the most) are clearly always the best choices? Obviously, what was used in HoMM IV, as far as leveling heroes, won't quite work so well an...
by Starbatron
28 Feb 2007, 20:54
Topic: About bone dragons & wights
Replies: 32
Views: 8171

I understand what you mean atma, but I'm not completely in agreement that "that's the way it has to be." Making some units almost worthless or not worth the price isn't the best way of balancing things necessarily. There are always more than one solution to a problem. If one faction is str...
by Starbatron
28 Feb 2007, 19:09
Topic: Training in 2.1 opinions
Replies: 15
Views: 5347

Yes, I agree. It is not that the change wasn't necessary, but that it needs to be tweaked. The limit is perhaps too low, or perhaps a different kind of limit would be good. Maybe something similar to DE; I like the idea of tying it to the hero's level and increasing it a little, very similar to the ...
by Starbatron
28 Feb 2007, 19:01
Topic: !!! New Fortres tactic, or a copy of the old one? !!!
Replies: 18
Views: 6169

Yes, I agree, this is a cheap tactic. While this won't be the best fix, why not simply make Armaggedon as an irrestible spell, regardless of immunities? Perhaps give a lessened effect for immunities, but still make such creatures take damage. I am aware that this isn't a great fix, but it would at l...
by Starbatron
28 Feb 2007, 15:00
Topic: Something Worrying to think about
Replies: 17
Views: 5851

I am curious how Blizzard would create a HoMM game...if only we could have that opportunity... :thinking:
by Starbatron
28 Feb 2007, 14:58

Actually, I don't think it is that necromancers have become overly powerful, but that the other towns should be brought up closer to their level. I think you'll find that a "buff" becomes so dependent on a certain point of view. :devious:
by Starbatron
27 Feb 2007, 18:29
Topic: Something Worrying to think about
Replies: 17
Views: 5851

If I knew more about programming, I would offer to help, but I definitely want to second the motion. If Ubival won't give us one, perhaps it is time we take matters into our own hands... :yes:
by Starbatron
27 Feb 2007, 18:20

The ideas here are to correct the overly expensive nature of bone dragons and wraiths. Some of the added abilities are the second route in correcting this via making their price worth it. I agree that simply making the price fit better with what they currently are is the best route to take, but some...
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 20:52
Topic: Dark magic in Dungeon
Replies: 16
Views: 6549

I like the idea of more magic specialization...though "Orcic" has to go as an adjective (no offense meant). Maybe something along the lines of "Orcish" or "Orcian." I also wish there were more types of magic in this game (not just new magics for a particular race). The ...
by Starbatron
26 Feb 2007, 19:24
Topic: Computer controlled armies always retreat
Replies: 10
Views: 4562

That is a great tip, and something I will try. I am a casual player, but it is quite annoying when the AI always flees. Perhaps Ubival can replace this annoying bug with a less annoying one (probably the best we can hope for :lolu: )

Go to advanced search