Views: 8454

Well put TT ;)
by Starbatron
09 Apr 2007, 19:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Unfair Hostility to Heroes 5 and Nival >.<
Replies: 135
Views: 26776

Now that everyone has finally vented their biases and frustrations, merited by nationality or not, can we finally turn to discussing what is worth discussing? Regardless of what the "causes" are, nationality of the publisher, the publisher aside from the nationality, whatever, what is sure...
by Starbatron
09 Apr 2007, 18:59
Topic: Planning to Buy ‘Tribes of the East?’
Replies: 265
Views: 56540

It sounds very encouraging and promising...alternative upgrades (dare I hope bone dragon and wraith upgrades make those units worthwhile? And ghosts' upgrade make them worth the money?), but as most people point out, there is definitely a need for caution. We've been vambooseled by Ubival before. :d...
by Starbatron
05 Apr 2007, 18:49
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: King's Bounty: Legend Coverage?
Replies: 104
Views: 36463

I think it would be good to include. Of course, if the game weren't enough of the Heroes spirit in its design, perhaps it would be best not to include it...I suppose I can see it both ways. :libra:
by Starbatron
05 Apr 2007, 18:45
Topic: Second Expansion officially announced
Replies: 107
Views: 32306

Yes, that is good news. Now if they only remember to include the old maps...or perhaps they will save that "addition" for a patch :rofl:
by Starbatron
05 Apr 2007, 18:38
Topic: Second Expansion officially announced
Replies: 107
Views: 32306

Yes, a good point. Will the import the old maps into the new game, along with the announced new maps, or are we just out of luck with the old maps? That would stink!! :flame: The new alternative levels for creatures sounds intriguing. Will the new upgrade for the bone dragon and wraith make them wor...
by Starbatron
05 Apr 2007, 18:33
Forum: News
Topic: Arx Fatalis on Steam for $7.95
Replies: 4
Views: 1615

Arx Fatalis on Steam for $7.95

Seems interesting, though I hope it's more than a poor version of Morrowind. I will have to find out...
by Starbatron
05 Apr 2007, 18:11
Topic: Tribes of the East Announced
Replies: 207
Views: 63840

Tribes of the East Announced

The alternative upgrades could be the most interesting part of the new expansion for me. Sure, it'll be nice to have the orcs back (what's a heroes game without them?), but I'm more curious about the alternatives for the necropolis...will the alternative bone dragon unit actually be worth buying? An...
by Starbatron
03 Apr 2007, 17:39
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30606

Yes, the battlefield size is far too small. If you are going to have a small battlefield, why not just have them start right next to each other. It would be little different than we have now... :D
by Starbatron
03 Apr 2007, 17:36
Topic: Necromancers skills...
Replies: 8
Views: 3467

I agree. Corrupt soil is not nearly so useful as a mass spell skill.
by Starbatron
02 Apr 2007, 14:49
Topic: Necromancers skills...
Replies: 8
Views: 3467

Definitely not my style of a necromancer. Cold steel? Would a skill like archery be more helpful? Too many skills here that I don't think deserve the skill point. The ultimate is nice, but I don't think it merits some of the mediocre skills required to get it.
by Starbatron
02 Apr 2007, 14:47
Topic: Heroes V second expansion announced!
Replies: 79
Views: 17367

Heroes V second expansion announced!

Yes, this was indeed a good joke. Hopefully the announcement for the real expansion will follow soon...
by Starbatron
02 Apr 2007, 14:14
Topic: Unfair Hostility to Heroes 5 and Nival >.<
Replies: 135
Views: 26776

I enjoyed every game in the series. That being said, I think the biggest complaint about HoMM IV was not the innovations themselves in the game, but how they were implemented. Granted, 3DO didn't really have the time and resources to develop that game properly; perhap if it had the time and money at...
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 18:10
Topic: Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps
Replies: 64
Views: 22287

Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps

I hadn't realized that was the case. If the readme files were deleted by the poster, that is still the responsibility of the poster. However, if the site received those readme files (most likely), then I must retract my statement about it not being piracy. That is most certainly wrong. Even if an au...
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 16:01
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21306

Ah, that makes more sense. I suppose the different builds comes down to preference for style of play (although some builds clearly have advantages over others)
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 15:25
Topic: Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps
Replies: 64
Views: 22287

Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps

While I can certainly understand surprised that the authors weren't listed by the players providing the "so called" pirated maps (by some anyway), I am not sure why the "outrage." The maps weren't "pirated" in the sense of one person claiming another's map as if he, not...
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 15:01
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30606

Yes, keep upkeep out of our HoMM universe!! It should have no place here. :devil:
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 15:00
Topic: Creatures XP system proposal for Heroes 6
Replies: 26
Views: 5874

I have debated this back and forth with myself, and while the idea has merit, I think it overcomplicates the HoMM game without a benefit that can't be accomplished via the current skills based system. :proud:
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 14:59
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21306

Yes, I agree. Even though they have low attack, you can compensate for that with attack, and their high init. screams for you to attack!! :D
by Starbatron
23 Mar 2007, 14:57
Topic: The Amphibian Race
Replies: 23
Views: 9762

Markal, do you mean in combat, or are you talking about the drowned vs necro ability. We have been debating this issue of drowning undead creatures a bit in this thread. I, for one, don't feel that simply because the drowned ability is at a disadvantage because it can't raise new creatures from unde...

Go to advanced search