Search found 95 matches

by Ed Robinson
Apr 9 2008, 12:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New H5 maps Discussions
Replies: 16
Views: 4707

Not being an expert, I don't play for difficulty, I don't play to beat the clock, I really enjor the eye candy. That said, I played Breakout allies and was frustrated by my allies. I played Sylvan and selected Academy for a partner. The first time through they really sucked. They didn't flag all of ...
by Ed Robinson
Mar 30 2008, 20:45
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: M&M IX Won't Start
Replies: 7
Views: 2096

M&M IX Won't Start

I have loaded M&M IX several times. I have loaded the 1.2 patch. I get my party built then attempt to start the game. The boat gets most of the way across the screen and a voice says "Hello" then everything stops. I have to go into task manager to close the program. I had run this game...
by Ed Robinson
Feb 15 2008, 22:38
Topic: Windows Vista and Old M&M
Replies: 5
Views: 1771

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded DOSBox and it does work, kind of. It opens a dos type window about 4 by7 and does load the game. Unfortunately, I've been spoiled and after seeing the graphics and sound, I had to bail out. I have also got a problem with MM7 and 8, didn't try 9. They won't start, e...
by Ed Robinson
Feb 15 2008, 12:32
Topic: Windows Vista and Old M&M
Views: 1771

Windows Vista and Old M&M

I have a copy of Might and Magic Complete, which has M&M1-6 on 2 CDs. I have played 6 for the 3rd time and tried to load some of the older ones. I had played 5 on an older machine with Windows 98. My others are running XP and the new one has Vista. I am getting the message thatVista doesn;t allo...
by Ed Robinson
Feb 6 2008, 0:31
Topic: Hmm…(MM8 speculation)
Replies: 15
Views: 4171

My guess is in MM6. The guardian in the earth elementals dungeon and the pyramid.
by Ed Robinson
Jan 6 2008, 5:32
Topic: MM6: Spell suggestions
Replies: 44
Views: 14593

I have a question for Hodge-Podge regarding an earlier post.

The teleport from New Sorpigal to Gragon Sand. Is this only available at the beginning of the game? I had never known of this until I read your post. I tried it after that but nothing happened.

I'd love to try that.
by Ed Robinson
Jan 5 2008, 16:48
Topic: MM8 on XP questions
Replies: 4
Views: 1830

For what it's worth, I loaded VI straight up on Vista and had no steeing adjustments to make, it;s running fine and I'm loving it as much as when I bought it (how long ago?)
by Ed Robinson
Jan 5 2008, 16:42
Topic: Because it's been YEARS, i have forgotten....
Replies: 7
Views: 2718

As a matter of fact, you don't need the skill point levels for certain masteries. You can become a master of Spirit as soon as your cleric becomes a high priest in VI, which is very easy to do. You can become a master of Air as soon as your Sorceror becomes an Arch Mage. The other magoc schools do r...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 25 2007, 16:05
Topic: Might and Magic X proposal from a diffrent point of View
Replies: 66
Views: 32489

Hopefully, if there is a X, it won't be put out by Arcane as I thought the Dark Mesiah really sucked and didn't finish it. I don't know any of the other companies out there because M&M and HOMM are the only games I really liked. I tried others but none kept my interest. These ideas look good and...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 25 2007, 15:52
Topic: Favourite faction in H5 - 2007
Replies: 61
Views: 16470

For what it's worth, I usually select Inferno and Deleb when given a choice. My second would be Stronghold then Dungeon. That said, my favorite is Sylvan but I don't play it that often because even with reduced requirements I never can get the Ultimate and find it dificult to win without it.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 20 2007, 0:36
Topic: the Ultimate Skills in TotE
Replies: 19
Views: 3885

I must agree with GOW. In the final campaign of ToE I got the Ultimate for Zahir but also kept alternative mastery in Dark and Light to keep the perks. I don't recall that I used any spells of the other books at all so it was a waste for the Wizard.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 19 2007, 1:56
Topic: the Ultimate Skills in TotE
Replies: 19
Views: 3885

For what it's worth, the only ultimate that I try for is the ranger's.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 9 2007, 8:15
Topic: What's up with the shadow dragons?
Replies: 6
Views: 1222

Yes, that's the one. I just played through Island of Desire as Dungeon and got the same beast. I'm thinking it was a special set up on a map I downloaded that reassigned the values for the shadow dragon but I don't know which map.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 9 2007, 4:13

Sorry but I can't figure it out. I normally would press Alt + Print Screen then Cont + V to paste but that doesn't seem to work. If you can tell me how, I'd be happy to.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 8 2007, 22:51

What's up with the shadow dragons?

On the last couple of maps I've played, I have either run into or owned shadow dragons that had 3000 hit points and an ability to cast empowered fireball with 60 mana points. Once was in the map Battle of the Sexes where I was a stronghold faction and encountered one of these in the dragon utopia. A...
by Ed Robinson
Nov 24 2007, 14:04
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 92
Views: 36873

Well, I've played this through 3 times now. I still think Deleb was the toughest but that got easier. The last time, thanks to another post, I hilighted the underground hero by clicking on them then on the movement button when they started to attack. This stopped them in their tracks. I fought the l...
by Ed Robinson
Nov 21 2007, 18:37
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 92
Views: 36873

For what it's worth, Freyda's fight seemed pretty easy! I blocked the castel gate with my Champions and sent the Angels inside. I kept casting resurection which triggered divine vengence and an occasional Divine Strength and Clense to get rid of Weakness. I found the fight with Deleb to be a real ch...
by Ed Robinson
Nov 17 2007, 3:28
Topic: Game crashing bug ToE Hunting the hunter (minor spoilers)
Views: 1675

Had Orange hero attack my middle academy castle. In battle his Djin cast weakness on my storm titans which locked up the game. Had to shut down. No idea what set of circumstances set this up. Nothing like this has happened in TotE before. C2 last mission.
by Ed Robinson
Oct 22 2007, 17:20
Topic: I've lost my caravans...
Views: 1439

I've lost my caravans...

I appear to have lost my caravan icon from the left edge of the creature recruitment screen. I had it a couple of weeks ago, then decided to re-play HV campaign. I noticed that I didn't have caravans during the campaign, so when I finished up, I tried a single player map and still no icon. Any thoug...

Go to advanced search