Search found 95 matches

by Ed Robinson
Sep 15 2008, 2:30
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What's the weather like?
Replies: 2334
Views: 170720

Texas got hit by Hurricane Ike. They evacuated much of the costal area around Galveston and I guess Houston got slammed.
by Ed Robinson
Sep 14 2008, 14:03

Hope all of our friends in Texas are safe this morning. Especially GOW, I enjoy his maps and JJ would be beside himself with no one to argue with.
by Ed Robinson
Sep 8 2008, 22:28
Topic: The American Football Thread
Replies: 414
Views: 46398

Wellllllllllllll, with Tom Brady out for the season, maybe the other sorry teams in this division will have a chance, That said, however, he'll be back so everyone enjoy your season in the sun.
by Ed Robinson
Sep 8 2008, 22:17
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: mm6, 7, 8
Replies: 2
Views: 1040

I have run 6, 7 & 8 on Vista. In the "Properties" run as either 98 or XP. I think I used XP for all 3.

Good luck and have fun...
by Ed Robinson
Aug 13 2008, 16:15

TO will never grow up...

Bring your popcorn...
by Ed Robinson
Aug 13 2008, 16:12
Topic: Do you play heroes or might and magic anymore?
Replies: 46
Views: 5636

Just an observation, the snow scenes in M&M VI are really outstanding. My wife, who is not a gamer, was really taken with them. I really hated to end the snow. HOMM III has some great scenery in snow. I personally find them the most pleasing.
by Ed Robinson
Aug 10 2008, 14:10
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: SOD and HOMM IV on Windows Vista? Please help...
Replies: 8
Views: 2945

Yup! GuessI misspoke, should have been a politician.
by Ed Robinson
Aug 9 2008, 12:01
Topic: SOD and HOMM IV on Windows Vista? Please help...
Replies: 8
Views: 2945

Iam running H IV on Vista in compatability mode and have had no problems. I have also run HOMM VI, VII and VIII with no problem. Tje only one I trird to load and couldn't was HOMM IX. Jeff is correct on the compatability mode. I really disliked Vista when I got it but after you get used to its quirk...
by Ed Robinson
Aug 6 2008, 23:06
Topic: Alcohol Infused Goodness
Replies: 808
Views: 90602

After 10 p.m. there are no ugly women in a bar...
by Ed Robinson
Aug 6 2008, 23:05

I can't believe the Pat's schedule this year. I could see them going undefeated in the regular season barring injuries. The Giants will be no shows. In my opinion Philly was the toughest game we played last year. I'm really starting to get worked up.
by Ed Robinson
Jul 15 2008, 23:37
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 Wasp Nest
Replies: 9
Views: 5101

You can go to the exit point and look up at the exit then hit the space bar and it will allow you to enter just like a door. No need to jump. Then just work the hive in reverse. Good luck!
by Ed Robinson
Jul 7 2008, 10:47
Topic: H4 ships
Replies: 15
Views: 2893

I have just played through two of the Bandit's maps, the Aectic and the Spanish Armada maps (loved them both) and I sympathize with the issue. I found myself building a ship and not being able to get to it. Fortunately my Haven troops had summon ship, and could call it over. The ship placement wasn'...
by Ed Robinson
Jun 24 2008, 22:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New H5 maps Discussions
Replies: 16
Views: 4707

There is a "Maps" folder under Program Files/Ubisoft/... if you loaded with the default settings. Unzip the file in another directory then copy the maps to the Maps folder.

Enjoy...
by Ed Robinson
Jun 15 2008, 13:09

I just completed the Great Canyon and really enjoyed themap. It is huge with lots of teleporters which makes it difficult to protect the areas you have already secured. Lots of opportunity to advance heroes and enough resources to build. Very nice.
by Ed Robinson
Jun 10 2008, 23:24
Topic: Our true look [images]
Replies: 3200
Views: 277835

The ultimate reward is being a Grandfather, getting them on a sugar high and sending them home. (or is that payback ...)
by Ed Robinson
Jun 10 2008, 23:08

For what it's worth, I live in RI, USA. Temp today 97F. One city closed schools and a bunch of others had early dismissals due to heat. I never got let out when I was in school. In other parts, the mid west continues to have severe flooding. I read on MSN that parts got 11 inches on Sunday. Also a b...
by Ed Robinson
Jun 9 2008, 16:46

I just completed a map called "Europe". I think I got it on Maps for Heroes. Lots of upgrade perks and lots of tough fights. It was so large it really lagged. I enjoyed it from the standpoint of being challenging but I could have mowed the lawn waiting for the opponents to complete their t...
by Ed Robinson
Jun 3 2008, 23:00
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Playing Both Allies
Replies: 1
Views: 2017

Playing Both Allies

Is it possible when playing a game with allies to control both? I enjoy playing the larger custom maps and I enjoy playing with allies. The problems arise when they are near each other, an example being a map called "Mythical Places". By the way I'm not picking on this map it was the last ...
by Ed Robinson
May 24 2008, 19:17
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: New H5 RPG/Quest map - Mercenaries - Playtesters needed!
Replies: 108
Views: 23760

Not to nit pick like our friend the blue parrot, but I had numerous difficulties playing this map. It is altogether possible that my style of play doesn't lend itself to this map but here are a few of the problems I encountered. Before I start, let me say that I will engage any force to build my lev...
by Ed Robinson
May 6 2008, 0:04
Topic: HOMM V Warlock Campaign Mission 2 Puzzle Map does not Work
Replies: 7
Views: 8682

Did you try to open the puzzle map from the menu to see if the map transferred there?

Go to advanced search