Search found 95 matches

by Ed Robinson
Jul 31 2009, 13:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Great Map
Replies: 3
Views: 1519

Great Map

Just finished a map called Sunken Empires 1.2 I downloaded from here. Heroes IV extra large, upper and lower levels. Thought the map was beautiful. Great battles with large armies due to the time it took to cover the Real Estate and my style, which is to develope only one or two heroes to a high lev...
by Ed Robinson
Apr 17 2009, 11:56
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM (and MM) on Vista? and Windows7?
Replies: 7
Views: 2740

I can't address Windows 7 but I have used Vista for the past 2 years and have played M&M 6-9 and Heroes 3,4 & 5. Many were played in compatability mode and I could start the older M&M games with DOS Box but the graphics were really old and I like the eye candy of the newer games. Good lu...
by Ed Robinson
Mar 7 2009, 11:41
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Any other "old farts" playing HMM here?
Replies: 63
Views: 15984

First game, circa 1988, Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Had played some shooter games on TI but never got hooked. Favorite back then Leisure Suit Larry. Didn't have computers when I was in school or even calculators, we used slide rules and I still have a couple around. Started M&M on PC because m...
by Ed Robinson
Feb 4 2009, 2:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Vista compatability
Replies: 10
Views: 3120

You have to grant yourself rights into the folder. Right click the folder, click properties, click the security tab, click the edit button, add your user to the list and check your rights below. I have Home Premium and that was how I did it. I haven't seen a copy of the 64 bit but I'd be surprised i...
by Ed Robinson
Jan 21 2009, 12:34
Topic: Gaming Hardware
Replies: 13
Views: 4070

AS, I have an XPS410 bought April 2007. Choosen mostly for photo work on old family pics. I have used it for gaming and no complaints. I did increase RAM to 4GB and should have gone to Vista 64 bit, I have a friend who plays a lot, and he upgraded and tells me you wouldn't believe the difference it ...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 29 2008, 17:45
Topic: The American Football Thread
Replies: 414
Views: 46395

Well, the Pats stay home at 11-5. Last time an 11 game winner stayed home was 1985. Miami deserved the win and made an awsome comeback after last years record. Tip of the hat to the Tuna. Mangini got his just deserts and will be looking for a job. Romeo might be with him in the unemployment line. Lo...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 29 2008, 17:45

Well, the Pats stay home at 11-5. Last time an 11 game winner stayed home was 1985. Miami deserved the win and made an awsome comeback after last years record. Tip of the hat to the Tuna. Mangini got his just deserts and will be looking for a job. Romeo might be with him in the unemployment line. Lo...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 27 2008, 14:13
Topic: TotE - Days of Fire help?
Replies: 14
Views: 2934

For information only, if you want to try playing Sylvan with Phornix troops, there is a user created map available here called "Shadow Dreams" made by the Grumpy Old Wizard. If you select the Sylvan option you'll get a Phoinix generator that will give you one a week.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 23 2008, 23:57
Topic: Talk about the weather
Replies: 920
Views: 132209

We got 16" last weekend in Rhode Island. Supposed to get more this weekend. Too bad it didn't start in September, the Patriots are great in the snow. Oh well...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 23 2008, 13:06
Topic: Random Thoughts - Second Edition
Replies: 1675
Views: 113900

From an American Conservative: 1) When did we become a "Rich" country? Our Government just happens to own better printing equipment to make more dollars. In this end this only makes the dollar worth less, see the exchange rate vs. the Euro. 2) I have been praying for some global warming he...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 20 2008, 1:05
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Map Problem - Defending Irollan
Replies: 0
Views: 1119

Map Problem - Defending Irollan

Sorry to post here but my web based mail can't write to the author. After beating Niberios I got an hourglass for a pointer and the map locked up. I had enjoyed it to that point and not being a map maker I can't suggest a solution but wanted the author to know.
by Ed Robinson
Dec 14 2008, 16:15
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6, 7, and 8 on Vista?
Replies: 8
Views: 2518

I have played 6 through 8 with Vista. You will have to run in compatability mode for XP but no problem beyond that. I did have an issue where 9 wouldn't load but I saw somewhere on this site a work arouns but didn't have enough interest to try it. I think 6 is my favorite.

Good luck!
by Ed Robinson
Dec 14 2008, 16:09
Topic: hey im new and got a noob question
Replies: 9
Views: 1699

I know the feeling. I just completed an impossible size map called "Agression". It took me a week to get through it, 13 months of game time. The long waits were a pain. I even doubled my RAM from 2GB to 4GB and no increase in speed. I don't think the graphic card is the answer because it i...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 8 2008, 17:30

Well now the Pats are in a 3 way tie for the division. The Jets have the better in division record but hopefully the Bills will take care of that next weekend. I must say, I can't recall a season with more injuries on all of the teams. I don't know what has happened to training. This could be the se...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 8 2008, 17:25
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [h5]Maps for slower computers
Replies: 2
Views: 1386

I have questioned the waiting time myself. I love the huge maps, the bigger the better. My speculation is that limiting the number of opponents will speed up the play. On impossible, I may play through a week in an hour. Most of that time is spent waiting. You could almost take a nap waiting. Good l...
by Ed Robinson
Dec 6 2008, 0:54
Topic: Vista compatability
Replies: 10
Views: 3120

For what it's worth... I bought my current system just to be able to play HOMM and it came with Vista. I have rarely had a problem with compatability. The one thing that made me crazy for some time was trying to get the cheat system to function. There is a file that must be edited and Vista wouldn't...
by Ed Robinson
Nov 24 2008, 0:03

Pat's looked great today. They should have buried the Jets last week. Looks like the Jets handled Tennessee today. Pats are still the best of the division.
by Ed Robinson
Sep 21 2008, 20:53

Wow, didn't see that coming! I expected my Patriots to have some losses this season but not like Miami beat us. They looked great. If they keep playing like that, the division is theirs for the taking.
by Ed Robinson
Sep 18 2008, 22:57

Anyone see the end of the Denver/San Diego game? I would have been upset by the bad calls if they hadn't helped Denver. After the playoffs last year, with LT sitting on the bench with a towel wrapped around his head and that sorry excuse for a quaterback Rivers I really can't feel bad for the Charge...
by Ed Robinson
Sep 15 2008, 22:56
Topic: Warpath a good idea?
Replies: 17
Views: 6282

I usually play Sylvan, given a choice. Death March is awsome with Emerald Dragons because they can hit units behind the walls out of the box, allowing you to snuff all of the range units up front then chew up the rest with your archers and druids without getting them all killed off.

Go to advanced search