Search found 1363 matches

by UndeadHalfOrc
11 Jul 2011, 03:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 bow skill bug
Replies: 10
Views: 6122

Grayface probably is still trying to fix that issue with constant Prismatic Light on the screen. ... as well as the issue with Expert Sword and Expert Axe failing to reduce recovery time as they claim to. Only Armsmaster works in that regard. He did fix it, but apparently he sent the patch only to ...
by UndeadHalfOrc
11 Jul 2011, 03:18
Topic: MM8 Bug thread. (renamed)
Replies: 19
Views: 8759

A serious bug, the absence of which would give the game a nice leap in difficulty: hitscan spells wielded by monsters do not work. Examples are: Implosion on Greater Air Elementals, Mass Distortion on Greater Earth Elementals and Paralyze on Plane/Chaos Behemoth Ripoffs. These spells don't do jack ...
by UndeadHalfOrc
10 Jul 2011, 18:29

Found out why Air Elementals were substantially easier than the other types: Greater Air Elementals never cast Implosion.

Very easy to fix, just open up Monsters.txt and give them a higher leveled Lightning Bolt (GM 12 seems to work just fine).
by UndeadHalfOrc
10 Jul 2011, 12:33

In MM6, ranged elemental attacks always hit, no matter what. Yes, but as I said, AC doesn't help evade it; it always hits. Yeah, that be what make it different from M&M 6. For Centaurs, it seems they used same rule as Fire Bolt spell. I found Luck good only for playing Arcomage :-D :-D no, fire...
by UndeadHalfOrc
10 Jul 2011, 12:31
Topic: Ultimate MM8 party
Replies: 73
Views: 53291

Xfing wrote: Knight/Troll/Minotaur/Dragon - Dark Elf - Vampire - Cleric - Necromancer.
I said no dragons - read the initial post
by UndeadHalfOrc
10 Jul 2011, 12:30
Topic: Ultimate MM8 party
Replies: 73
Views: 53291

BoardGuest808888 wrote:and vampires given to you mostly suck. Only first lvl 5 & lvl 15 vampires are of any notable use.
Read what I said on my first post:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Also assume you play MM8 like I do, MM6-7 style and (using MM8CHE) to create a full party of level 1 characters that will stay with you for the entire game
by UndeadHalfOrc
09 Jul 2011, 23:30
Topic: MM9 - what you don't like and what you like in it
Replies: 42
Views: 16043

What I don't like about MM9 is that people still talk about it, when it should be forgotten.
by UndeadHalfOrc
08 Jul 2011, 16:38
Topic: Who feels that MM8 character gen is less then MM7's
Views: 8648

The game still allows you to talk to him in his hut, and get the 1500 exp, and now the gem that you already had, works :) I lol'd. He gains experience for meeting himself, isn't he?. Yes, although usually for me, he isn't himself anymore since by that point I have changed his portrait, name, class,...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 18:02

I like the races/classes in MM8, but I really prefer to start out with a complete party rather than to acquire party members gradually. And switching out loyal companions for someone more skilled is just not on in my game. I can accept having temporary members, but my adventures are team efforts. I...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 18:01
Topic: MM8 bow skill bug
Replies: 10
Views: 6122

Re: MM8 bow skill bug

Hi there, so I was wondering if there was a bug in MM8 concerning bow skill and recovery time. I did notice this while playing solo dark elf and increasing his bow skill, while the recovery time stayed the same. Then i played a little with MM8CHE and increasing the bow skill to grandmaster 63. And ...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 15:19

]You still have to join some characters in the proper time. And how can you deliver a crystal to Talimere, if he already in your party? MM8CHE allows you to put ANYBODY in the game in your party for all slots, be it Duroth the Eternal or some other characters who were dummied out (their names are g...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 12:38

MM8 classes are better. They DIFFER from each other much more. This. As was said, MM7 race is irrelevant after Castle Harmondale + White Cliff Caves + Stone City thanks to the many barrels equalizing the stats of your characters. If you don't like that MM8 only allows you to create 1 character - pl...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 12:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 fan-made balance patch (mod) updated!
Replies: 140
Views: 132862

Not sure I agree about Dispel... offensive spells should be harder and more expensive than the counter to it. >>>I like the twist, but I think the "conjuring" artifacts should be pushed up in rarity. +1 duration = tresure, +2 duration=minor, +3 duration=major? That's a toughie... I already...
by UndeadHalfOrc
07 Jul 2011, 02:44
Topic: Heroes II map: "Burnt Bridges" (Conscript Lake II)
Replies: 33
Views: 16471

Latest versions (not much has changed in the last year)
by UndeadHalfOrc
06 Jul 2011, 20:04
Topic: The altar key in MM7
Replies: 21
Views: 9627

Re: The altar key in MM7

What do both of the factions need it for? As we later learn, in the end it boils down simply to which side gets the Oscillation Overthruster, meaning that either could complete their project if that single part was delivered to them. So what do Kastore or Resurrectra use the combined altar key for?...
by UndeadHalfOrc
06 Jul 2011, 19:49

d2) More radical: Change the Spell power effect. Right now, spell power = spell duration. This makes SP > 5 basically useless for non-damage spells, also any mass slow lasts for the whole combat easily. Not good. - Let's change the mechanics: Spell duration = Spell power - Creature_lvl or 1, whiche...
by UndeadHalfOrc
03 Jul 2011, 23:05
Topic: Inner workings of the HoMM II AI
Replies: 16
Views: 10456

There is an ongoing open source remake of Heroes 2. Obviously they'll have to rebuild the AI from scratch.

Perhaps you'd like to get in touch with them, Darmani? (Sorry, can't find a link to their project at the moment)
by UndeadHalfOrc
03 Jul 2011, 20:24

Re: Inner workings of the HoMM II AI

Darmani wrote: Everything else: The heuristic is the product of weight and fight value.
That formula doesn't explain why the computer will fly in 50 black dragons just to kill 1 archer. (They fixed this in H3)
by UndeadHalfOrc
03 Jul 2011, 18:26

By the way, in my mod, those mass spells cost a lot more once you get Expert. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing, I guess. This can actually be better than my suggestion, if they cost a real lot more. How much is this? I knew should have documented those more in detail... (instead of j...
by UndeadHalfOrc
03 Jul 2011, 14:39

Very interesting.

Go to advanced search