Search found 164 matches

by OliverFA
19 Aug 2010, 08:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83674

I cannot fathom why people just want things to always stay the same, or simply close their eyes and ears and refuse to consider the idea that there are other ways of doing something that can be just as excellent. I could be wrong and this could be a huge blunder, but, much more likely, it will work...
by OliverFA
18 Aug 2010, 22:09
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52603

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Add to pros:

Ability to convert towns to your faction.
That's certainly a pro.
by OliverFA
18 Aug 2010, 20:13

I think it's a great decision - barring gold mines, there was hardly ever actual conflict over resources - it will force players to interact in a much more persistent manner, as having more crystals needed for high level units and dwellings will tip the balance of power so directly to whoever contr...
by OliverFA
18 Aug 2010, 17:22

Against unskilled opponent or bad AI indeed the whole strategy thing is exaggerated. LOL! That's a good point. In fact, against an skilles oponent, having many resources has all the point. Maybe you are not strong enough to take enemy castle, but you can raid to its vital mine and capture the vital...
by OliverFA
18 Aug 2010, 12:36

All races have always been competing for gold, wood and ore. So this dimension has there always been. Do not know how much an additional common resource would increase the strategy here. Rather find more uses for wood and ore in late game. There is no real need for an 8th resource. But what I am sa...
by OliverFA
18 Aug 2010, 09:47

Only 4 resources. Good or bad?

It seems that HOMM6 will have only 4 types of resources. Gold, wood, ore and crystals. Aparently developers say that "it is more strategic because all factions will compete for the same resource types". I disagree with that affirmation. In my opinion, the idea of having all the factions fi...
by OliverFA
17 Aug 2010, 22:15
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!
Replies: 79
Views: 37682

Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

2011 is still far into the future. I won't bash the game without reason, but forgive me if I am not excited about those news. I am just here because I got attached to the franchise during the HOMM1-4 times. The last HOMM5 patch was ok. But it took a full game development cycle for the game to become...
by OliverFA
17 Aug 2010, 14:36
Topic: Heroes6 leak ?
Replies: 44
Views: 18585

Heroes6 screens leak ?

It's a bit too soon to make any judgement, but from the screens I can't see any innovation. I wouldn't be interested in an Heroes 3-3D v2 game. With "Elemental, war of magic" out this very month, they'll better do something really good. It's very nice to have cool graphics, but gameplay me...
by OliverFA
16 Aug 2010, 21:43
Topic: Heroes6 leak ?
Replies: 44
Views: 18585

Heroes6 screens leak ?

It's a bit too soon to make any judgement, but from the screens I can't see any innovation. I wouldn't be interested in an Heroes 3-3D v2 game. With "Elemental, war of magic" out this very month, they'll better do something really good. It's very nice to have cool graphics, but gameplay me...
by OliverFA
12 Aug 2010, 15:57
Topic: Might and Magic Teaser...
Replies: 43
Views: 19577

Might and Magic Teaser...

As far as I know this teaser could mean anything... It could even be that they have nothing to announce and they throw this teaser just to make some noise. By the way, I thougt that the only thing teasers did was to talk about what product they are referencing. But now it's not even that. It's like ...
by OliverFA
30 May 2010, 16:58
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 25058

The question is "Was it a step in the right direction?". And the answer is "yes". If I elaborate a bit more my answer, I would say "It was a poor step in the right direction". But still in the right direction. However, I have not played the game for long time now, but I...
by OliverFA
06 Sep 2007, 21:35
Topic: Heroes 5 isn't a true Heroes of Might & Magic game.
Replies: 138
Views: 46303

What's so subjective about windowed mode? It's subjective whether someone doesn't give a $h*t about having it. I could frankly care less. So many games have it, it is really useful and it can't be tremendously hard to implement. You find it useful. I don't. Subjective. With all respects, you are pu...
by OliverFA
06 Sep 2007, 17:03

@OliverFA We can agree with your final sentence, although that's not the opposite of what I said. The opposite of what I said (buying franchises does not imply that the games will be bad) is that just because you build up a new game from scratch does not mean that the game will be good. Which I als...
by OliverFA
06 Sep 2007, 12:26

I would like to post again the fact that without Ubi/Nival the game would of just died. So, there's really no point in ranting over the fact that it's not really a Heroes game. It kept the series alive and that matters no matter how flawed the game is. And that is why HoMM V is not a masterpiece. T...
by OliverFA
06 Sep 2007, 11:23

Your point is overgeneralizing also. I know of several [small] business that are run because the guys LOVE what they are doing and like to do the best job possible. The fact that they are paid enough so that they can keep on playing [read that as working] in a field that they love is a bonus. If it...
by OliverFA
06 Sep 2007, 10:35

And we all know how 3DO ended... We do, and it had nothing to do with buying the Might and Magic franchise. H3 was a result of a "bought franchise". And it was fabulous. MY point is that just because a company buys franchises does not mean that they can't turn out a great product from it....
by OliverFA
05 Sep 2007, 21:25

The second kind just want to cash on the prestige their milking cows already have, doing few effort to preservate or increase that prestige. Clearly that's the case of UBI, a company that buys franchises instead of building their own. 3DO bought franchises as well. And we all know how 3DO ended...
by OliverFA
05 Sep 2007, 20:38

On one end of the spectrum you have teams that are in it ONLY for the $ and don't care about anything past profits for the next 5 years or so. On the other end of the spectrum there are teams that are happy to delay, refine, polish, delay again, etc. and will only release a game when they are happy...
by OliverFA
05 Sep 2007, 18:25

Obviously different developers value "building the best game possible" differently. On one end of the spectrum you have teams that are in it ONLY for the $ and don't care about anything past profits for the next 5 years or so. On the other end of the spectrum there are teams that are happ...
by OliverFA
17 Apr 2007, 11:46
Topic: New Spells, anyone?
Replies: 47
Views: 18704

Certainly, the added spells was something much more needed than the alternative upgrades. I'd rather prefer that they implemented just some additional upgrades in the chaotic style the we all like and devoted more time to create even more spells. It would be nice if they added so many spells that we...

Go to advanced search