Search found 164 matches

by OliverFA
24 Sep 2010, 21:34
Forum: News
Topic: KB: Crossworlds
Replies: 47
Views: 14326

I am not saying the game is not strategy. I am saying that the part of the adventure map is not strategy. To put it more clearly. Adventure map --> NOT strategy Tactical battles ---> strategy (tactis if you want to be more detailed, but strategy anyway). So. How do you classify the game? I think you...
by OliverFA
24 Sep 2010, 21:29
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Civilization V
Replies: 44
Views: 23720

Why don't you just download the demo and try by yourself?

I have to say the game looks impressive. Nothing against the effort put in it. But still trying to decide if I like the design. Probably I will wait until some expansions are out and buy some complete version.
by OliverFA
24 Sep 2010, 10:24

That's RPG ;) Yes. Battles are Turn Based Stategy. But the adventure game isn't strategy. Can you call KB an strategy game? Is almost a philosophical debate ;) But what we can say for sure is that there is no empire building, not army strategy, not resource management. I still think that if Katauri ...
by OliverFA
24 Sep 2010, 10:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Archangel Castle's Q&A session
Replies: 16
Views: 12991

Resources are not fundamental, they're a feature.
I have no words for that. Supossing I understand what they mean by "feature".
by OliverFA
23 Sep 2010, 08:07

Re: KB: Crossworlds

First, it cannot be compared in the adventure map, because one is an RPG game and another is an strategy game. Ehhh.... what?! KB just happens to have a real time adv map, that doesn't make it a RPG... Ok, name it in the way you prefer. But it is not an strategy game. So it still can't be compared.
by OliverFA
22 Sep 2010, 22:56
Topic: Real question: will you buy this with Ubisoft DRM?
Views: 21775

I wouldn't buy it without DRM either until the complete collection comes out anyway... And haven't they figured out that an offline mode is always a good idea... even Steam implemented one a while back. I agree. I am not paying 2 or 3 times for the game. I'll wait until the complete edition to get ...
by OliverFA
22 Sep 2010, 13:36

KB: Crossworlds

Well, I respect all opinions, but I don't see the game as a bad HOMM in any sense. First, it cannot be compared in the adventure map, because one is an RPG game and another is an strategy game. But in the parts that they have in common, it can be compared, and I still think that in those parts it is...
by OliverFA
21 Sep 2010, 12:00

How can the orcs be reskinned creatures?
by OliverFA
21 Sep 2010, 11:54
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty: Crossworld released!
Replies: 9
Views: 10046

I think it's a good value for the price it costs. The two short campaigns are good for a short game, and the game overall is even better and has better feeling than Armored Princess.
by OliverFA
20 Sep 2010, 15:39
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty: Crossworld released!
Replies: 9
Views: 10046

Kings Bounty is the best HOMM game since HOMM3 ;-)

Looking forward to Katauri's HOMM clone! :D
by OliverFA
20 Sep 2010, 15:35

KB: Crossworlds

Kings Bounty is a very good series. Picks a proven formula and evolves it in a natural way, making it even better than the original while still feeling like the original concept. Tactic battles in KB are better than any HOMM. Every unit has an interesting way of behaving. There are dozens of creatur...
by OliverFA
08 Sep 2010, 15:53
Topic: Achievements
Replies: 20
Views: 8365

The only way in which I see achievements having some sense would be if they unlocked things like specially difficult maps. Let's say, if you are so good that you win 20 games with the h¡Haven daction, then you get access to the "Haven Challenge" map which is a very difficult (and supossedl...
by OliverFA
01 Sep 2010, 23:42
Topic: Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?
Replies: 29
Views: 22726

Eh? Why does adding oriental elements mean the end of "fairy tale"? In my community we refer to Eastern and Western fairy tales by the common term "sanwa", is it not the same in the West? H3 had some oriental architecture... did that ruin the "fairy tale" feeling for y...
by OliverFA
01 Sep 2010, 10:43
Topic: Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?
Replies: 29
Views: 22726

I am glad Paul Romero music will be in Heroes 6. :) At least there will be something that ties the game with the rest of the series. Plus Mr Romero music is just AWESOME. The only thing comparable to HOMM's music is "Baba Yetu" from Civ 4. I think that Paul means that the game is borrowing...
by OliverFA
01 Sep 2010, 10:27
Topic: Heroes VI seems to be reinventing the wheel. Good or bad?
Replies: 37
Views: 17028

HoMM RTS?? That wont happen, not with the 7th, 8th or 9th iteration, plainly put never. Tbh, they may start an RTS game series in M&M universe, but they wouldn't have the guts to change Heroes to RTS genre, cause if they would announce such a thing :disagree:, they'd be getting millions of angr...
by OliverFA
31 Aug 2010, 11:33
Topic: Less Dragons as top lvl creature pls!
Replies: 130
Views: 39332

Definately phoenix. It's so bad-ass it defies description an roasts dragons for breakfest. It should be glorious. It should be awesome. It should be the strongest and awesomenest of all units...except MAYBE angels. Either that, or make it the ultimate summong spell. I liked the way in which H5 trea...
by OliverFA
31 Aug 2010, 09:47

I like most of the new changes Black Hole implemented. Different tier structure seems like a good idea, thus making previous lvl1 units (now core) useful in later stages of the game. Boss fights are a pretty refreshing innovation. They also implemented a lot of rpg elements..I like the idea of havi...
by OliverFA
31 Aug 2010, 09:43

I think i would prefer they just made another game in the M&M universe then change heroes so much, but i guess they kinda are, and it's called M&M: Heroes... with a 6 behind it for some reason. Sometimes I also fear that. If you own the M&M rights. Why make a HOMM clone? I mean... Disci...
by OliverFA
30 Aug 2010, 20:09

Heroes VI seems to be reinventing the wheel. Good or bad?

So far by the few information that we have, it seems like Heroes VI is reinventing the wheel. This is a purely personal speculation based on what we know, so maybe I am wrong. But what makes me think it is: - Change in resources system - Change in heroes level up and skills system - Change in battle...
by OliverFA
24 Aug 2010, 16:49
Topic: Will there be a console version ?
Replies: 38
Views: 14161

Yes. And as I said, there are three great TBS ganes in NDS. "Age of Empires: Age of Kings", "Panzer Tactics" and "Advanced Wars". But it seems that it makes a difference between hanhelds and the other consoles

Go to advanced search