Search found 1633 matches

by GrayFace
24 Aug 2008, 20:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: mm7 hostilities [modding]
Replies: 7
Views: 3302

I don't know if we can go by that assumption. For example, the majority of the numbers in that file are '0.' This would mean that nearly every sprite in the game is non-hostile. I think it works a little different than that, though I am not 100% sure. For example, we know that devils are always hos...
by GrayFace
23 Aug 2008, 16:16
Topic: MM9 and LoMM Vista loading video problem fix
Replies: 3
Views: 2399

What is LoMM? ;|
by GrayFace
23 Aug 2008, 16:15
Topic: MM VI - Problems
Replies: 8
Views: 3622

Yes, they are so stupid. MT is the shooting message. For unknown reason the shooting message was stored in .exe in the first version of the game and the line in Global.txt was "MT". I guess some patch haven't installed completely. You can change the Global.txt with MM6View or mm8leveledito...
by GrayFace
21 Aug 2008, 09:07
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 544
Views: 411931

The barrels give Misc. skills. One is on the roof of one of Erathia buildings. It's near the Couriers' Guild.
To use the Harmondale Hub you need the keys. Give them all to some character and when you need to go somewhere give the right key to the first character.
by GrayFace
04 Aug 2008, 18:52
Topic: Which engine do you like, and would like to see modded?
Views: 3626

I think we should also choose from using Mok's patch for MM7 or not. The patch adds at least one bug and it's impossible to track its changes unless we somehow contact the author.
by GrayFace
04 Aug 2008, 18:40
Topic: Favourite Might and Magic music
Replies: 17
Views: 6457

MM6 :hail: MM8 music was very good too. MM7 had 4 good themes IMO. Didn't play MM1-5 and don't remember MM9 music.
by GrayFace
03 Aug 2008, 12:21
Topic: Musing/Rant on the future
Replies: 12
Views: 4390

2. Single player RPGs are a dead genre that no company has released a title for in a LONG time. Action RPGs do NOT count Well, the fact that games of this genre haven't been released in a long time is good for the game. 6. A generic plot would pretty much ruin any comeback attempt. Can anybody hone...
by GrayFace
03 Aug 2008, 08:08
Topic: mm7 hostilities [modding]
Replies: 7
Views: 3302

0 means 'not hostile' for sure. Maybe the numbers metter when there are multiple enemies for a monster. He would fight with ones that he hates most, that is, the value for which is bigger. Just a guess. Looks like the column stands for the monster taking decision and the row is a monster he's about ...
by GrayFace
03 Aug 2008, 07:48
Topic: Which engine do you like, and would like to see modded?
Views: 3626

Re: .

i mean the main differences between the two game, like party creation (in the begining in MM7, and in the whole game in MM8) and light-dark magic using (only one is available in MM7, but you can have both in MM8) The light/dark magics don't seem to depand on it, but classes and their specific magic...
by GrayFace
01 Aug 2008, 18:17
Topic: To Vladimir, Sendoh, and zipi
Replies: 15
Views: 4827

mine: 1) yes, but motter28218 mods MM6 2) deep modding (would also love to play and develop a completely new game with more RTS feeling, but it would take much time. Also, currently there aren't many creature models out there. When some new towns for WoG are out we may have many models, but the MM10...
by GrayFace
01 Aug 2008, 17:21
Topic: event language compiler/decompiler
Replies: 34
Views: 13931

by GrayFace
31 Jul 2008, 16:08

I think we should exchange contact information like e-mail and ICQ numbers first. For example, send it to me via e-mail or ICQ message and I'll spread it amoung us. I think the main nut to crack is maps format. And, of course, some modding tools are to be made. MM10 project members may know much abo...
by GrayFace
29 Jul 2008, 18:54
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 382456

As of right now we are using different packages from all three, but MM7 has the least drawbacks. MM8 does not let you create a party, but rather pick up characters along the way, and the land is not as big as MM6 or MM7. MM6 has the most expansive landmass to work with, but everything else is not a...
by GrayFace
27 Jul 2008, 13:35
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 382456

That's really great! Which game did you use as engine? Can you edit maps? (indoors or outdoors) I'm a programmer. I've done researhing on events language and some game internals. I'll have spare time after the middle of august. There are many people involved and interested about modding: Big Daddy J...
by GrayFace
17 Jul 2008, 22:39
Topic: BDJ Might and magic VII MOD
Replies: 5
Views: 2719

No, he hasn't.
by GrayFace
17 Jul 2008, 14:41

I'm in. I'm currently studying MM8 code. I've found various event language related things, .blv and .odm loading code, spells casting, a function in which every action taken is handled and has its identifier (attacking with 'A' key is 23, opening spell book is 105 etc.). Event language can be easily...
by GrayFace
17 Jul 2008, 06:39

motter28218 wrote:Yes but will this also resolve the issue of of having conflicting arrays??
I don't quite get what you mean by conflicting arrays. It would extend the files table, move files to free space for it if needed and all files would be in the correct order if that is what you mean.
by GrayFace
13 Jul 2008, 11:54
Topic: Favorite Monster of Might and Magic
Views: 13108

All favorites are from MM7:
Queen of the Dead
Genie
Lich
Dog
Master of the sword
Corlagon wrote:Yeah, they're sort of tribesmen all over Bootleg Bay (IIRC) in MM6.
Those are cannibals. Magyars are in White Cap and Castle Alamos.
by GrayFace
11 Jul 2008, 06:00

I've made a small update to http://www.grayface.nm.ru/MMFiles.rar after inspecting MM8 disassembly.
by GrayFace
11 Jul 2008, 05:55

With https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8718 it can be done easier. 1) Make a copy of the lod. 2) Replace all "ttn1" with 4 letters prefix of your new monster. Most probably this will only modify file headers. 3) Open LodCompare. Select original LOD as Original and new...

Go to advanced search