Topic: MM6 MOD - charecter edition!
Replies: 27
Views: 8856

Most of them look nice.
1 - eyes are too narrow.
4 - girlish
5 - don't like his haircut
10 - too yellow
11 - unnaturally ugly. Looks like she's been in an accident and her face was remade from pieces by doctors.
by GrayFace
10 Jan 2009, 20:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: To all playtesters......
Replies: 13
Views: 3471

Pretty hard at the beginning. But it's good for a 'hard' difficulty I think. I like the fact that you sould first travel to Free Haven before you are able to clear any location. I've cleaned Free Haven severs from rats so far. That's all I could do for now, but Thieves seem ok too. If I buy better e...
by GrayFace
10 Jan 2009, 07:58
Topic: To all playtesters......
Replies: 13
Views: 3471

Why? This can be put into the FAQ sticky thread. Some people will read it.
by GrayFace
09 Jan 2009, 11:50
Topic: M&M 8, what's your favourite race?
Replies: 53
Views: 13942

I played solo with vampire, necromancer and minotaur. Vampire was very nice. I haven't finished Necromancer because dragons were killed with dark magic way too easy (Shrinking Ray is a killer), I decided to start a new solo game and return to Necromancer later. And.. I dropped the Minotour too, 'cau...
by GrayFace
07 Jan 2009, 17:19
Topic: Good places to level up in MMVII?
Replies: 12
Views: 4341

Just do whatever you want. There are many fair and unfair ways to get good equipment and it's more fun to figure them out by yourself. Just explore and kill. At first you can use tricks like those given in this thread. Also note that your melee attack range is longer than that of your enemies. There...
by GrayFace
07 Jan 2009, 16:54
Topic: It's Begun!
Replies: 65
Views: 22878

Unfortunately, this crude Turkey of a game engine (MM6) needs a major overhaul to make in a viable vehicle for anything other than a 'simple', uncomplicated adventure. Graphically it offers quite a-bit to the artist, but programming-wise it's like writing a game for the Apple II. Yes, big engine im...
by GrayFace
07 Jan 2009, 10:14
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Format Question
Replies: 2
Views: 3067

Re: Format Question

Does anyone know what .MSG and .MSK files are and what they are used for? They define which squares of object are visible and which squares contain shadow. TMsk = packed record Width: byte; Height: byte; MaskObject: array[0..5] of byte; // Без учета тени [Not counting shadow] MaskShadow: array[0..5...
by GrayFace
07 Jan 2009, 08:42

Hey Grayface just wondering if you are able to mod relics, classes, weapon abilities in the .exe? I think I'll be able to figure out relics and weapon abilities, but adding classes bay be a big problem. I'll be able to add new items into dialogs. And I've got an idea of including Lua as scripting l...
by GrayFace
07 Jan 2009, 06:48
Topic: M&M: The New Order (MMTNO)
Replies: 78
Views: 35627

She tells you that you have to bring her a cheese too (she forgot to add it to the list). You can complite that quest. But she gives the quest again. Are you sure that you made it? I have done it , it is ok. Maybe there is a some kind of combination that crused quest but I didn't notice it. Yes, ma...
by GrayFace
06 Jan 2009, 21:43

I can assist in .exe modification. Handle things like removing events length limit and such.
by GrayFace
06 Jan 2009, 21:10
Topic: M&M: The New Order (MMTNO)
Replies: 78
Views: 35627

Wow! :-D This demo is very impressive! I had fun playing it, but couldn't finish. Here are some bugs: - After using Alt+Tab in full screen mode I couldn't return to the game. It occupied space on the screen with a stay-on-top window, but didn't switch screen mode and didn't show anything. - When sel...
by GrayFace
02 Dec 2008, 09:03
Topic: Difficulty Levels from Easy to Hard
Replies: 6
Views: 3300

This can be done as stand-alone program or set of .bat-files to change the difficulty. It would be really easy to do. For MM6 and MM8 I'll need monsters.txt with english monsters names to do this.
by GrayFace
09 Nov 2008, 17:22
Topic: [NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod
Replies: 172
Views: 87395

I've already created it. It has a bug though due to which it once failed to merge 2 lods.
by GrayFace
17 Oct 2008, 13:47
Topic: Dare I ask : 3.59 timing update?
Replies: 37
Views: 34296

My forecast is "by the end of 2009".
The progress is good. There's new scripting language (Lua), the game runs windowed in 32 bits mode and there are many other smaller improvements. And new site will be opened very soon.
by GrayFace
01 Oct 2008, 21:15
Topic: Might and Magic 6-8 resource editors
Replies: 10
Views: 6229

MM7view opens Magic7.vid for me. I'll write a program for .hwl after some time I think.
by GrayFace
01 Oct 2008, 20:56
Topic: To Vladimir, Sendoh, and zipi
Replies: 15
Views: 4839

And about MM8 single player...How to add all charecters in the begining? How to do that player can choose all possible game charecters - dragons, trolls...all races? EXE-files too or there is another way to do such things? :baby: Adding some predefined characters to the party at the beginning can b...
by GrayFace
01 Oct 2008, 20:21
Topic: Project blacksmith
Replies: 12
Views: 5946

In any event, I am curious about this as well. It's done using command 0x22. Here it is: typedef struct // SummonItem { int ItemIndex; // + 1000*EnchantementStrength (0-6) (see the end of STDITEMS.TXT for details) int X; int Y; int Z; int unk_5; ubyte Count; ubyte unk_7; // boolean -- adds some ran...
by GrayFace
29 Sep 2008, 20:36
Topic: all addons list
Replies: 29
Views: 76920

Muszka wrote:Yes I know :) . But during years WoG become kind-of official. So it is part of WoG or not?
Yes, sure.
by GrayFace
12 Sep 2008, 00:18
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 382831

Thanks for reading, and maybe, you can give me ideas you would like as a sidequest in the upcoming game :)... Maybe it's not about sidequests, but I'd like to see some monsters respawning in a dungeon until some leader is killed or something like that. And it was very interesting in BDJ mod to prot...
by GrayFace
28 Aug 2008, 05:43
Topic: MM1: Can't find combat delay conf.
Replies: 3
Views: 1791

Try "moslo". It's a program to slow down DOS games.

Go to advanced search