Search found 227 matches

by Sir Alock
26 Dec 2013, 02:37
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The new Master of Magic Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Replies: 11
Views: 9052

The new Master of Magic Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

I picked this game up @ Steam for $19.99 (Holiday sale ends January 2nd) It's as complex as MoM, but better! The UI is pretty good overall & the tactical battles are so improved vs. the other titles. I'm playing a game on easy AI @ the moment to understand the layout. If any of you enjoyed Maste...
by Sir Alock
23 Dec 2013, 15:12
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: Playing New World Computing Kings Bounty
Replies: 1
Views: 5119

Playing New World Computing Kings Bounty

I'm sure many of you know that New World Computing's "Kings Bounty" started the HoMM franchise back in 1990. I found it @ myabdonware.com & D/L it. Played 3+ hours last night & had a blast! It brings back my old DOS days! It's a tad tricky to get use to the UI, but you'll get the h...
by Sir Alock
13 Dec 2013, 23:06
Topic: Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics for free
Replies: 2
Views: 3517

Thank you so much! I received an e-mail today from GoG & I deleted it. Good thing you reminded us as Fallout 1 & 2, plus the expansion is a keeper. I 1st went to GoG.com because of Master of Magic was available. Geez that game was a PITA to work in DOS as I recall.
by Sir Alock
27 Nov 2013, 05:05
Topic: Just D/L Dune 2000 for Free
Replies: 3
Views: 4384

OMG! I have this on CDROM DOS! I never really liked it as it's a semi-role playing type of game. So damn funny you provided the YouTube link! Brings back memories. I love the RTS game Dune & I wanted to turn-on a few guys that maybe didn't play it. The series simply ROCKS! It's what started Comm...
by Sir Alock
27 Nov 2013, 05:04
Topic: Great Memories!
Replies: 6
Views: 5228

Great Memories!

OMG! I have this on CDROM DOS! I never really liked it as it's a semi-role playing type of game. So damn funny you provided the YouTube link! Brings back memories. I love the RTS game Dune & I wanted to turn-on a few guys that maybe didn't play it. The series simply ROCKS! It's what started Comm...
by Sir Alock
07 Nov 2013, 19:08

Well I see a decent amount read my thread, but no replies. I thought I would pass along another link for Dune 2 "Building of a Dynasty" made in 1992. Still have the original game on 4-3.5 floppies, but one the disks is defective now. This was my very 1st RTS game & I D/L it for free he...
by Sir Alock
04 Nov 2013, 14:38

Just D/L Dune 2000 for Free

Hi Guys: I was trying to install Dune 2000 from my old CD & it wouldn't install on a 64-bit OS (needs 32-bit) I didn't want to create a virtual OS software on my rig. I found this free D/L from Gruntmods.com & it works perfectly without any tweaks! http://gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dun...
by Sir Alock
18 Sep 2013, 15:57
Topic: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Replies: 4
Views: 4339

I own both titles. FE Legendary Heroes is pretty damn fun to play. Reminds me a little of Masters of Magic (a little) The turned-based battlefield is much better now & makes the gameplay more fun. It's a semi-complicated game, but you'll get the hand of it fairly quickly. I would recommend this ...
by Sir Alock
22 Aug 2013, 12:16
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Question on Steam Support
Replies: 4
Views: 5659

Question on Steam Support

Hi All: I purchased Disciples III from Steam 6 days ago. Download went well but the CD Key provided doesn't work. I created a "support ticket" & have yet to hear from them. I wanted to ask if this is "normal"? My 1st game ever from Steam & I must admit I'm not impressed.
by Sir Alock
16 Aug 2013, 13:22
Topic: Anyone excited about Age of Wonders III?
Replies: 34
Views: 23188

I hope the combat animations get improved. They look a little silly right now. It's hard to believe that it's coming out this year when so little info has been released about it until now. I agree. It's appears that there is a wealthy backer (money to burn) that loved the AoW series & bank-roll...
by Sir Alock
07 Aug 2013, 14:30

I'm pretty pumped as well. I never thought Triumph would bring back a 3rd series. Nice too see some TB gaming still being churned-out. My bet Triumph won't release a half-baked game either.
by Sir Alock
06 Aug 2013, 20:00

Anyone excited about Age of Wonders III?

I've been following AOWIII for a few months now. Looks like it will be released in the Fall/Winter (fingers crossed) Looks promising. Playing Eador "Master of the Broken World" @ the moment. It's really a remake of Eador Genesis, but I paid $9.99 for it from GOG games & I'm enjoying it.
by Sir Alock
10 Jun 2013, 15:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Might and Magic Heroes SoD Dark Screen issue
Replies: 29
Views: 48336

So HoMM SOD doesn't support ATI/AMD's 7000 series? Really? That's just stupid! I think I'll pass on this expansion (my 1st ever) as I own every HoMM game including all of the add-ons since HoMM1.
by Sir Alock
05 Jun 2013, 16:16
Topic: When was the last time you played Master of Magic?
Replies: 7
Views: 10056

Geez...I posted this thread back in 2010. Since then I bought the GOG version & works like a charm in WIN7 Profession 64-bit. Still an insane deep game & holds up well after all these years.
by Sir Alock
22 Feb 2013, 20:13
Topic: Age of Wonders 3
Replies: 13
Views: 10680

We should all be "PUMPED" that Triumph Studios is giving us AOW3! I'm so happy...I could wet myself! I'm sure...it will be another soild game. I'll have mine on pre-order for sure!
by Sir Alock
22 Feb 2013, 20:10
Topic: Anyone Playing Eador: Genesis?
Replies: 10
Views: 8702

It's not like HoMM @ all...Or I should say to "some" extent! It's so much deeper.....I think if you're younger...You may not apprecaite the game. It's very deep & detailed! It was an MS/DOS based game back in 1994 & the graphics are just ok (too me they are fine) It's not just a &q...
by Sir Alock
26 Jan 2013, 01:59
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Problem with Heroes 3 Collection on Windows 7 64bit
Replies: 13
Views: 9835

Did you ever consider buying it from GOG.com? I own every HoMM game on CD/DVD & all of mine with the exception of HoMM6 is purchaed from GOG.com! They run like a champ! I'm playing HoMM1 campaign right now on WIN 7 (64-Bit) It's not expensive @ all. I never have to deal with a CD/DVD...Just runs...
by Sir Alock
25 Jan 2013, 23:30
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III keeps crashing in Windows 7
Replies: 73
Views: 104302

Nope. They already said that not all games work on Windows 7, let alone Windows 8. Everything works only on XP. As for HoMM3, I don't think they modified the music DLL to prevent crashes, did they? What? Are you on crack? All of GOG HOMM series games works without a hitch in both Windows 7/8. I'm p...
by Sir Alock
10 Jan 2013, 18:07

Pol: I purchased Masters of Magic from GOG a couple of years ago. what a MASSIVE game! I own the original strategy guide & it's a whopping 350+ pages! I have owned it for years on 3.5 floppy & CD. GOG version works like a charm. Nobody has ever come close to producing a remake for it. HoMMVI...
by Sir Alock
09 Jan 2013, 17:50

Do you know that Eador Genesis was ported to English correct? http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_genesis I'll also be on board with Masters of the Broken World as well. Kind of burnt out (a little) w/ HoMM6 myself. Downloaded like 14 old titles from Good Old Games over the hoilday (75% off) Having a ...

Go to advanced search