Search found 254 matches

by aaelgr
17 Sep 2008, 11:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Instant Travel - Useless?
Replies: 17
Views: 5454

Remember "Mire" from HoMM 4? Now imagine if you could deny your opponent the ability to teleport, or use ships with a spell. Slow down the enemy hero, etc. These elements have been scattered all over the series, but they could be turned into something that is so much more. Amen. Scuttle B...
by aaelgr
06 Sep 2008, 22:13
Topic: Best level 6 unit
Replies: 36
Views: 26438

I went for the Treants. They saved me in 'Days of Fire' and in the Sylvan campaign. Paladins and Champions undoubtedly kick ass too, though I don't use Lay Hands that often... Thanes are pretty good too (I vaguely recall a link somewhere here to a video where they've got the Rune of Battle Rage on t...
by aaelgr
06 Sep 2008, 22:02
Topic: Best level 4 unit
Replies: 83
Views: 16629

Imperial Griffin eternal! (We all know the Battle one sucks)
by aaelgr
06 Sep 2008, 21:44
Topic: Patch 3.1 is out!
Replies: 34
Views: 16382

Have the computer towns in the scenario 'Days of Fire' been altered? I played earlier and instead of finding fairly strong Dungeon and Sylvan armies found that I was able to beat them quite handily.
I see the Harpooner still doesn't throw anything...
by aaelgr
23 Aug 2008, 18:30
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120809

Skill Wheel

Poison Master is Lethos' unique skill. You can't get it unless he is your hero.
by aaelgr
17 Aug 2008, 10:52
Topic: The Haven Skill Options Kind of Lame
Replies: 23
Views: 4602

I think the point he's trying to make is that Warlock's Luck is no longer available just to the Warlock hero. The Warlock hero is the only one that doesn't have any skills unique to them anymore, seeing as Erratic Mana is available to everyone else too. I recall I similar thread saying how Runemages...
by aaelgr
25 Jul 2008, 08:58
Topic: HELP. New to HOMM5. Second upgrade 2 creatures.
Replies: 2
Views: 1553

In H5 you've only got the original set of upgrades. You'll find in Hammers of Fate that they came up with a set of alternate upgrades for the Haven units. It's not until Tribes of the East that you'll get to use the (slightly altered) Haven alternates, and the ones for the other towns too. So it dep...
by aaelgr
21 Feb 2008, 17:04
Topic: Haven creature choices
Replies: 29
Views: 19951

Sorry, I realise now that what I wrote and meant aren't quite the same thing. What I was trying to get across was that I like to have all of the units available to field, not that I always put all of them in the fight. There's nothing worse than realising that what you really need is the stack that ...
by aaelgr
18 Feb 2008, 23:14
Forum: Articles
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 15924

Haven Strategy

Definitely aim to get Triple Flaming Ballista. It can kill a fair chunk of units once Vittorio get above Lvl. 10 (1 devil per shot at Lvl.15). Once managed to get the Ring of Machine Affinity and the Dragon Talon Crown so it was truly devastating (the Ring is much rarer than the Crown). I tend to pu...
by aaelgr
17 Feb 2008, 01:46
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Views: 12498

What if they gave the Witchdoctor some form of Cleansing? Most people go for the Trappers because their current special isn't as useful. Surely this would at least make people think about getting them. Oh, and the Orcs need more Shouts... maybe even one with a 50% chance of dispelling enemy spells (...
by aaelgr
17 Feb 2008, 01:44
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Views: 12498

What if they gave the Goblin Witchdoctor some form of Cleansing? Most people go for the Trappers because their current special isn't as useful. Surely this would at least make people think about getting them. Oh, and the Orcs need more Shouts... maybe even one with a 50% chance of dispelling enemy s...
by aaelgr
15 Feb 2008, 23:59
Topic: 'Diplomat' scenario?
Replies: 2
Views: 2263

'Diplomat' scenario?

Whilst looking through the fan manual to see if there were any other erroneous tooltips (see the Fortress Creature choices thread) I saw that Godric is also the main hero in a scenario called Diplomat but I can't find it. I've looked on H5, HOF and TotE. All three versions are using the newest patch.
by aaelgr
14 Feb 2008, 00:36
Topic: Fortress creature choices
Replies: 46
Views: 25230

okrane wrote:It was never like that. Don't trust those idiotic tooltips made by those Russian noobs...
Is Ingvar one of the few where they've gone wrong, or are there in fact quite a few? I heard somewhere that Wyngaal's one is wrong...
by aaelgr
12 Feb 2008, 16:11

I thought Ingvar's special only applies to Defenders (or whatever the ungraded unit is called), so neither Shield nor Mountain Guards benefit from him. Did they change this in TotE?
by aaelgr
09 Feb 2008, 23:19

The Fortress alternates are varied. Some of them are better than the originals. whilst some are not. I still stick to Shieldguards, though having read what's been said before I can see why some people would go for the Mountain Guards. The Shield Wall ability is very useful for defending shooters. If...
by aaelgr
09 Feb 2008, 23:07
Topic: Sylvan Hero Choice
Replies: 9
Views: 5107

I quite often start with Ylthin (or however you spell it). Light Magic is one of the main Sylvan schools, and I find that Unicorns are very useful (especially considering how easy it is to get Luck/Soldier's Luck). It'd be good if she started with Divine Strength instead of one Unicorn though, given...
by aaelgr
31 Jan 2008, 11:12
Topic: It's A Trap Help(3rd Haven Campaign)
Replies: 30
Views: 6196

'Beatrice' tells you that Findan is coming with an army, and Isabel's gone off to meet up with them. Of course, chances are that she never went to Irollan in the first place...
by aaelgr
31 Jan 2008, 11:10
Topic: Dwarven heroes lost
Replies: 7
Views: 2263

When you get the patch, you'll be able to choose which Fortress hero to start with. There's no such problem for TotE.
by aaelgr
29 Jan 2008, 22:23
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 140513

ThunderTitan wrote:j00 n1d mor netz exp
What? Spare a thought for those of us who try to stick to English!
by aaelgr
29 Jan 2008, 22:19
Topic: Factions' Magic Schools
Replies: 15
Views: 5075

Dungeon: Destructive and Summoning. More like dark than summoning...(you often get curse of netherworld in lvl 5 mage guild) Are you certain? I've never got a Dark Magic spell past level 3 in a Dungeon guild. Dark Magic is good for a Warlock, but I'm certain the Mage Guild in the town only gives De...

Go to advanced search