Search found 254 matches

by aaelgr
03 Sep 2007, 13:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Tome of Dark Magic
Replies: 6
Views: 2423

As far as I know, the artifacts that appear on a map are random. I have found Tomes a few times on Subterranean (think that's how you spell it) Treasures, but in theory they can appear on any map. Tomes are great, but for some reason the Light one doesn't have Teleport, which was annoying because wi...
by aaelgr
03 Sep 2007, 01:02
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 139986

I have only now seen the gameplay video. This is going to be awesome! The Mothership's blackhole ability looked amazing, and now I begin to wonder if my computer can cope. (and hopefully my lovely Mutalisks will regain their Glaive Wurms...)
by aaelgr
02 Sep 2007, 23:19
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 139986

They can't make the Seige Tank redundant, General Duke would turn in his grave! (if he weren't killed by the Zerg) They've already got rid of the Firebat and the Vulture... Looking forward to seeing the new Zerg units, and not only to see if the Hydralisk and Mutalisk have survived.
by aaelgr
28 Aug 2007, 17:49
Topic: Enemys movement?
Replies: 2
Views: 1245

In Heroes V if you've seen an area once you can always see it. That includes when the enemy moves there. Having not played Heroes IV I can't compare, but it was the same in Heroes III...
by aaelgr
26 Aug 2007, 11:42
Forum: News
Topic: Catching Up on News
Replies: 18
Views: 4688

Catching Up on News

Hopefully they don't give him an existing speciality but an original one (unlike Freyda & Duncan in HOF).
by aaelgr
25 Aug 2007, 22:04
Topic: Catching Up on News
Replies: 18
Views: 4688

Catching Up on News

They do look great! Still not sure about the other Titan though.
by aaelgr
24 Aug 2007, 14:36
Topic: Faction Balance
Replies: 52
Views: 10014

Not if it's done right... and at least then you'd have a game deciding battle instead of a number of turns. In my experience (such as it is), the longer/larger games do have a few battles that depends the outcome. They're usually the ones where the skills you gave your hero (both might and magic) m...
by aaelgr
23 Aug 2007, 15:13
Topic: Tribes of the East - Leipzig trailer
Replies: 27
Views: 5321

In the trailer it says something about there being 'over 180 units'. Unless my Maths has truly failed me 8 towns with 21 units gives 168, and when you add the neutrals from HV and HOF you get to 177 (there are 9?). Does this mean there are going to be more neutrals, or have they done their sums wron...
by aaelgr
22 Aug 2007, 15:46
Topic: Tribes of the East - Leipzig trailer
Replies: 27
Views: 5321

Awesome! I can't wait until September.
by aaelgr
20 Aug 2007, 23:11
Topic: Is HoMMV might heavy?
Replies: 48
Views: 10459

It is possible to beat magic with just might, but it depends a lot on what skills/artifacts you've got. If you can boost/lower the Initative, Speed and Morale of your/their units you stand a fair chance. Things like Protection and Magic Resistance help a lot as well (especially if you're Marbas or F...
by aaelgr
19 Aug 2007, 11:21
Topic: Tribes Product Page... and Shots
Replies: 13
Views: 3533

Tribes Product Page... and Shots

Amazon has it for £16.99.
by aaelgr
15 Aug 2007, 19:29
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Replies: 31
Views: 6821

Tribes Video and Shots

Hopefully there'll be more neutral units this time around. HOF added a few more, but 8 (?) isn't many.

Perhaps if the neutral units also occassionally had weeks so random stacks of them appeared they'd make more of an effort? (plus I think I've only seen a Manticore twice)
by aaelgr
15 Aug 2007, 10:08
Topic: invasion level (necro) bug w/artifacts
Replies: 7
Views: 4633

Re: Staff of the Netherworld

Bean_Bag wrote:P.S. I still don't know about the bone dragons though as the map is completely cleared.
You should be able to build the bone dragon structure in the cursed towns and Lorekeep. Aren't there any neutral stacks on the map? There were when I played.
by aaelgr
15 Aug 2007, 08:25

Tribes Video and Shots

Thanks Elvin, sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.

'(Something) Voice'. Hope they tell us what the new hero abilities are soon...
by aaelgr
14 Aug 2007, 22:10

Tribes Video and Shots

The video looks great. I can't wait for this to come out. Hope there's a demo, seeing as it's stand-alone...

On this screenshot, what's the skill behind the description? I don't recognise the picture.
link
Edited on Tue, Aug 14 2007, 18:11 by aaelgr

Mod note: layout-breaking link fixed. GC
by aaelgr
11 Aug 2007, 18:26
Topic: The Zombie Shooting Game
Replies: 46
Views: 12463

The Zombie Shooting Game

205! Took me forever to get past 100 (this is not a touchpad game)
by aaelgr
11 Aug 2007, 11:10
Topic: Faction Balance
Replies: 52
Views: 10014

I find that the factions are fairly equal, though in my opinion Academy's L5&6 units are bit weak compared to the other towns (Djinn die far too easily). Inferno is also quite poor at the beginning unless you've got Deleb or the Succubus hero (Jezebeth?). Grawl can be useful too. Am I the only p...
by aaelgr
31 Jul 2007, 14:37
Forum: Articles
Topic: Necropolis Strategy
Replies: 53
Views: 23220

Necropolis Strategy

The original Necromancy raised skeletons after every battle, and one of the Necromancy abilities you could choose was to raise Skeleton Archers instead (which was a little overpowering as you could have 100's of them in 2/3 weeks!). When they switched to the Dark Energy model (1.5 and 2.1 respective...
by aaelgr
28 Jul 2007, 15:47
Topic: Tribes of the East Previews
Replies: 97
Views: 17665

Tribes of the East Previews

'If you have Heroes V or Hammers of Fate, Tribes of the East will allow you to increase the level of your old characters by an extra ability point.' Hopefully this means we can get another skill point (or whatever you get when you go up a level). My Wulfstan beat Laszlo 1 level away from Absolute Pr...
by aaelgr
27 Jul 2007, 22:27
Forum: Articles
Topic: Inferno Creature Statistics
Replies: 77
Views: 28122

Inferno Creature Statistics

Thanks Wraith. I didn't realise that they were there (I tend to only look at CH). Pit Spawn will be deadly against lower tier creatures (except Dungeon ones perhaps?). Coupled with the Arch Demon's Summon Other you could get them right in the thick of it (bit like with the Horned Leaper's aptly name...

Go to advanced search